BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My blue magic error now looks like:

Gearswap: Lua runtime error: ...rogram files *x86)/Windower4//addons/libs/tables.lua:120: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

Still won't swap any gear on blu magic casts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I just walked outside my MH and cast Refueling and Healing Breeze without an error. What exactly were you casting to get an error?

Also, Zandterman you have a outdated GearSwap (possibly by a few weeks). I recommend deleting windower/updates/addons.json and re-running launcher. Actually, that might fix both of your problems.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Any and every blu spell I tried threw that error. It's worth noting that I was /BLU. And that I'm on live ver. I'd have tried BLU main, But I don't have a BLU lua.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'll try /BLU when I get home tonight.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This might be a good time to mention that I've never had a precast work for Nature's Meditation.

Getting a Lua runtime error ....programfiles blah blah /gearswap/flow.lua error message and none of my gear will swap out. It was fine when i last logged on wednesday, today not so much.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Infobar isn't loading, either. Not detrimental to gameplay, but it's a useful plugin.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
    Getting a Lua runtime error ....programfiles blah blah /gearswap/flow.lua error message and none of my gear will swap out. It was fine when i last logged on wednesday, today not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I just walked outside my MH and cast Refueling and Healing Breeze without an error. What exactly were you casting to get an error?

Also, Zandterman you have a outdated GearSwap (possibly by a few weeks). I recommend deleting windower/updates/addons.json and re-running launcher. Actually, that might fix both of your problems.
    Sounds like the same issue I was having. IIRC, sometimes some of the items get an older version when updating for reasons unknown. Try following the above steps and see if it corrects.

Thanks for the help Byrth!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Still not getting pre/midcast for tier Vs on Geomancer. Would this be something I need to alter in the LUA? It's elemental magic of course, and I'm sure it's been in the libs for Blm and Sch forever.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

From the gearswap thread.
    Tier 6 works for my BLM and the relevant changes are live. If your JP spells do not work, delete windower/updates/ and rerun launcher.
    Give that a try?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I do not know what your file has in it, but if you replace it with a blank file and still have issues then the problem is in your resources or your copy of helper_functions.lua in the gearswap folder.if you have a friend who has it working, take their gearswap files.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was that in reference to my blu magic issue, or the TV issues?

EDIT:I did try loading a blank lua btw. still got errors.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

TV

On phone today without laptop, so I will have to fix your problem in an hour or so when I get home.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

np, thanks for looking into it. ^^

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I do not know what your file has in it, but if you replace it with a blank file and still have issues then the problem is in your resources or your copy of helper_functions.lua in the gearswap folder.if you have a friend who has it working, take their gearswap files.
    Tried the suggested deletion of updates, no luck there. Tried with a GS I got PMed that's not a Mote GS at base, and it worked. The sets are basic sets.precast['Elemental Magic'] and sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'], I don't understand why it'd ignore this. Any changes I can make to the LUA to make this work, or is it time to break away from Mote's files and get to learning LUA?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

My buff durations are off kilter on Red Mage. Composure Refresh2 with 5/5 Emp+2, Ghostfyre +12, (I still need to get the gloves +1) shows a duration of 18 minutes, and on a party member is 8:22. Haste 2 supposedly lasts 10:05 on a party member, and 21:34 on me.
    Any thoughts?

I can't get T5 nukes to swap on rdm either. Other nukes will swap gear properly, but T5s won't swap to precast or midcast. The spell will go off just fine otherwise, but it won't swap gear in gearswap. I deleted the update folder and reran the launcher, but the problem remains.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Any and every blu spell I tried threw that error. It's worth noting that I was /BLU. And that I'm on live ver. I'd have tried BLU main, But I don't have a BLU lua.
    I am experiencing the same exact problem with the same exact error message, only when casting blu spell as /blu.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

/BLU spells are broken because windower.ffxi.get_sjob_data() returns an empty table when you're /BLU right now. I've informed Arcon, so it will be fixed at some point.

Looking in to Nature's Meditation now. I can check out Geomancer Tier 5 nukes afterwards, but I can almost entirely guarantee that they're going to work fine for me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    This might be a good time to mention that I've never had a precast work for Nature's Meditation.
    I can't replicate this. What exactly are you typing to get precast and midcast to not work?