+ Reply to Thread
    Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Win a COSPLAY PROP of the Demon Hat of Casting!!

COSPLAY HAT GIVEAWAY: FFXIV DEMON HAT OF CASTING!

All the information you need to enter this giveaway, the reason we're doing this, and more! Even if you're not a FFXIV fan, you can still enter to win this hat!

----------------------------

HOW TO ENTER:

Click HERE
    or the image above to be directed to a paypal donation page. Enter your amount! $5 per ticket! Enter as many times as you want. (Example, if you wanted 4 chances, you would put $20 in.)

US + Canda ONLY. (We are very sorry! But to keep this cheap on shipping, we have to keep it to US+CANADA! Please check out the Q+A section below to contact Rin or Seri for possible exceptions.)

GIVEAWAY DATES AND DEADLINES:

Giveaway winners will be announced on March 15th @ 2PM CST!! We will be drawing a winner LIVE on twitch.tv/RinTheYordle!

Deadline to get into the giveaway is March 15th @ 10AM CST.

HAT CREATION, STREAM AND INFORMATION:

SweetSeriCosplay (AKA Serileth, AKA Corrie) is creating the hat. She has had several years in the cosplay community and made many fantastic pieces. She even won an award at Final Fantasy Fan Fest in Las Vegas for her amazing High Allagan Whitemage Cosplay! You can view her gallery on her Deviantart or Facebook page. You can also contact her on Twitter!

The hat will be made with felt, resin, feathers, vinyl, acrylic, and most likely polyester for the scarf. She is making it to fit a 24" head around the eyebrow and smaller. It is intended to be a "one-size fits most" hat. The brim is wide, so it has room to fit comfortably on a decent majority of head sizes.

WE WILL BE STREAMING THE CREATION OF THE HAT DURING THE GIVEAWAY! SUNDAY (Feb 22nd) at 3PM CST Will be our first stream of the hat creation! Come hang out and watch the process of casting the resin for the metal designs!!

Shipping, once the giveaway is complete, should take about 2-5 days. We will be contacting the winner when the hat is shipped out.

THIS IS A ONE TIME ONLY COSPLAY ITEM. You will be the only owner of a one-of-a-kind, hand made piece of cosplay that will never be crafted by Seri again!

Q+A, AND CONTACT:

To Contact Rin, e-mail her at rinidinger (at) gmail (dot) com.
    To Contact Seri, e-mail her at atalantadreamweaver (at) gmail (dot) com.
    To see updates on hat creation, follow Rin (@RinTheYordle) or Seri (@AtaSeriSweets) on twitter.

Q: How will you draw a winner?
    A: We will be using http://www.miniwebtool.com/random-name-picker/. We will put everyone's name into the lines provided (adding more per each ticket, so you might see more than one of the same name) and draw a winner LIVE on stream on March 15th @ 2PM CST.

Q: Why only US+Canada?
    A: Unfortunately, shipping is extremely expensive on large objects such as this outside of NA. If you are willing to pay for shipping, or curious what shipping might be to your area, please do not hesitate to contact Seri or I. We will try to find the information and let you know if this is possible if you win.

Q: Will you have other prizes?
    A: If we hit a certain amount, we will be adding on other prizes. Check out Rin's Twitter for more information.

Q: Why are you running this giveaway?
    A: Instead of doing a normal commission, Seri wanted the chance for many people to win a special kind of cosplay piece from her. It helps cover the cost of the hat, and also gives us the chance to raise funds for a small vacation to visit each other. We wanted this fundraiser to not just benefit us, but benefit the community as well!

Q: Can I just donate and not enter the giveaway?
    A: Sure! Just let us know in a note or e-mail if you donate without the intention of entering the giveaway.. though we'd really like for you to hopefully win something! That's the point of this! Giving back to the community for helping us out!

Q: How will I know if I win?
    A: Each pay-pal donation should be linked to an e-mail and name. Please make sure this is provided so that we may contact you! :D

Q: Will you have other prizes?
    A: Update 1: EVERY PERSON WHO ENTERS Shall receive a button! So it's not really a raffle.. more of a donation! Just one person is going to go home with a really awesome, big, amazing hat! (Limit: one button per person. US+Canada only still, sorry!!)

Q: What is the hat going to look like?
    A: Being a close friend to Seri for many years, I can tell you it will be amazing. Just check out her gallery. She makes each piece of cosplay sturdy, strong, and durable for a lifetime. If you miss any streams of her making the hat, I will be posting them up to my youtube for further viewing! Here's a little piece of what she has created so far!

This is just the begining! We will have many more updates to come as she continues to work on the hat! If we exceed our goal as well, we will be adding prizes into the giveaway! Keychains, buttons, maybe even a small commission from myself!

Stay tuned, and please do contact us with any questions or concerns!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

For mod notes, this post is approved.

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Thank you Sonomaa so much! If anyone has questions, Let me know! I'll be checking in frequently!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seri Lethanae
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Hello everyone! I will be checking in as well, as often as I can!

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Hey guys! Due to improper wording of Rin, I wanted to clarify something!

All though we are using it under the word "raffle", it is actually a donation. These donations, however, are covering the cost of the hat so we can have one lucky person go home with it.

To further make the incentive of donating fun for everyone, and like you are buying something with the chance of winning more... we are adding in a moogle pin for EACH PERSON WHO ENTERS IN!

Moogle pins are in my button press. I created the art work as well :D

So yeah, basically, you're buying a moogle pin and we're gonna have one person go home with a freaking awesome cosplay hat!

SO YEAH. Donate $5 or more. Get a moogle button. POSSIBLY WIN A HAT!

Stay tuned for more information!

(US+Canada only still. Sorry!!!!! Shipping FTL!)

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Stream today!

Hey guys! Reminder, we are streaming the casting of the metallic pieces of the hat today! If you saw the picture above, that was only the beginning for the mold!

Stream will be conducted at 3PM CST on twitch.tv/rintheyordle

Here is what she did offline. The process of the molding from the clay piece she constructed.

Our goal is to hit $400 for this donation drive. That way, the hat cost is covered, and shipping, and the buttons, AND we get our trip funded... so everyone wins!

We are currently at $105 out of $400!

I have passed this along and when my financial aid comes through I am hoping to enter/donate. Yea yea, probably shouldn't be using financial aid, but. but. Hat!

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    I have passed this along and when my financial aid comes through I am hoping to enter/donate. Yea yea, probably shouldn't be using financial aid, but. but. Hat!
    Eeee that's very kind of you but please take care of yourself first!!!

It came in Not to worry, I've caught back up financially with this, to be honest.

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Hey guys! Sorry for the silence for a little while. The Giveaway is going very good, thank you SO much for everyones interest so far!!

We are currently at $350 - $400! THIS IS EXCITING!

We are still going to run the giveaway past the $400, but it looks like we should meet the minimum which is good! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

We are doing another stream for more creation of the hat on Saturday, Feb.28th!! If you would like to see more how-to on how Seri makes the hat, feel free to join in!

Want to see the prior broadcast? Check out the highlight here:
    Sorry about the quality of Seri's mic. She sounded fine on my end, but it looks like skype's encoding doesn't like working with OBS recording very well.. I'll look into fixing this for next time!

http://www.twitch.tv/rintheyordle/c/6190937

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

What's up guys! TIME FOR ANOTHER UPDATE!

We have our FINAL CRAFT STREAM coming up this Sunday! (TOMORROW!) After that, Seri is going to be here with me! WHOO! We hate FINALLY HIT OUR MINIMUM NEEDED FOR THE DONATION DRIVE!!! THANK YOU EVERYONE! Now we're just collecting this last tidbit of help with shipping of the moogle buttons and the hat expenses!!

If you wish to enter, please do still!!! Every person who enters will get a moogle button pin made by me, and possibly take this lovely hat home!

Check out how it looks so far!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

OMG I WANT DIS HAT SO BAD AND I DONT EVEN BLACK MAGE

oooh
    can you make a bard hattttt

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    OMG I WANT DIS HAT SO BAD AND I DONT EVEN BLACK MAGE

oooh
    can you make a bard hattttt
    Oh she totally could, she has before! Check out her DA page, Sonoooommmaaaaaaaaaa :D

http://atalantadreamweaver.deviantart.com

Rinsplosions!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rin Elenika
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

GUYS. THE HAT. IS DONE. IF YOU WANNA WIN THIS BEAUTIFUL THING AND GET A MOOGLE BUTTON, DO IT BEFORE TIME RUNS OUT! WE'RE PICKING A WINNER ON THE 15th OF THIS MONTH!!!!!! THAT'S 4 MORE DAYS!!

Seriously congrats to Seri for making this look so damn beautiful oh my GOADDDD

and if you guys missed it, the last video recording of Seri working on the hat before completion:

http://www.twitch.tv/rintheyordle/c/6299437

Enjoy!

Looks amazing.... want.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Yeah, looks pretty sweet. How many ladyhours took to complete this thing?

looks great!