BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

TV wall mount

Anyone have any brand recommendations or condemnations for wall mounts? I'm going to need pick one up soon that will allow the TV to come off the wall and angle left/right for alternate viewing locations.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've installed about 100 of these over the last five years.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Couldn't recommend it more highly. Comes with an integrated level!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That's a hell of a deal

Seconding the monoprice suggestion. I've only installed 3 or 4, and I have been very happy with both the price and the quality. In fact, I have another installation coming up in the next couple months and I'll be sticking with this one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I just ordered the next one up from that one just to be safe on any sagging, and it was only like $12 more. That and a 1000' roll of network cable was $60 shipping! Ouch.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

jeez i just went to order one of those mounts and saw the $27 shipping and i was like oh no thx

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I just ordered the next one up from that one just to be safe on any sagging, and it was only like $12 more. That and a 1000' roll of network cable was $60 shipping! Ouch.
    Heads up; my local Electric Supply house beats monoprice/amazon/newegg/lowes on cable/jacks/patch panels/tools/everything. Order by 1pm, get it by 4pm if its an order that fits in a Transit. Just an option that most don't seem to think of.

Actually went and bought a monoprice swivel mount on recommendation from this thread. Worked out great, small, easy to install and operate. Mount was like $30, shipping about $10? Applied coupon I Googled, saved like $5. Not bad.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I've only done a half dozen tv mounts, no specific brand/source, but generally steel is steel. Barring manufacturer defects, it seems that the biggest determination on installation is the installer. Find your studs, typically 16" on center, use anchors, and don't exceed the weight rating.

That being said, my bedroom has a wall mount by the ceiling with angle down option. Installed a 32" on it, but after upgrading another room put a 40" on. It was a 15-20$ mount, and angled properly it mounted quite nicely. But I also made sure I anchored it correctly the first time, even though ti was a pain. Better do it right the first time than have to do it again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So I finally am getting around to putting this up, but I have some concerns. The mount is rated for 175lbs, the mount+tv is going to be about 100lbs so that looks good, but the mounting plate can only span 2 studs. Is that enough? It just feels like a lot of weight for 2 studs. I was thinking about possibly putting 2x4s behind it to cross 4 studs (centered over a fireplace so 3 isn't an option).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, they take that into account when giving it a rating. Easiest thing to do is hang it, then do a pull-up.

If you can do a pull-up on the bracket then you're good to go.

If it comes out of the wall, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Yes, they take that into account when giving it a rating. Easiest thing to do is hang it, then do a pull-up.

If you can do a pull-up on the bracket then you're good to go.

If it comes out of the wall, not so much.
    That is... If you don't go over the rated weight to begin with. -_O

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I've seen Rosewill tv mounts anywhere from $10-15 with free shipping when on sale at Newegg. As Nasomi said, it seems like steel is steel. If I was to mount my tvs I'd probably just buy one of those.