1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 33 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 26 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Triple Triad Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Late to this weeks tournament but is npc's fixed from what patch notes said or still terrible pay out? Also since there is almost no reason to farm bismark, does the card drop from HM I assume? Only received ravana through ex farming.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

I get ~65 points playing the Jonas NPC. Does anyone remember the old values?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If they boosted the NPCs back up, they certainly didn't boost them up to pre-expansion levels. Pre-expansion, even the easy NPCs would give you 80~90 points (now they give 60 - 80). I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped Elmer back up to 100+ points per win, but I'm sure as hell not playing him when Random is a tournament rule...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did poorly spamming before maint on tournament matches and had 2 plat packs and 10k mgp. 2 Ultima cards so the chance to get something from npc spam is back but still shitty.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

How many points were you getting from diamondsguy per win? And how many did you have at the end?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

60-70 a win, had 8 draws and ended up with around 2200~ is all I remember

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Does hard mode bismark reward the card as did hard mode of other trials? Only had all my ravana cards from ex, and only done bismark enough to get a few people cleared through it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

http://ffxivtriad.com/ has it listed as dropping from both so I assume it has a crappy droprate like all other hm primals.

I was lucky enough to get it from my first ex clear, as did 3 other people in my group. Haven't been back since either.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

I just hit 60 cards tonight, so now it's time to grind some MGP for Fenrir (and later, Cloud). Is farming Indolent Imperial with a Scion deck still the best way to go about it? Once I figured out how to play the Scions against him, I've won the last 30 matches in a row, so I'm pretty sure it will be 100% win rate from now on. Between that, and his high droprate on his cards, does anyone else compare? Also, while I'm asking questions, is TT even the best method to grind MGP?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvrdragon View Post
    I just hit 60 cards tonight, so now it's time to grind some MGP for Fenrir (and later, Cloud). Is farming Indolent Imperial with a Scion deck still the best way to go about it? Once I figured out how to play the Scions against him, I've won the last 30 matches in a row, so I'm pretty sure it will be 100% win rate from now on. Between that, and his high droprate on his cards, does anyone else compare? Also, while I'm asking questions, is TT even the best method to grind MGP?
    Imperial is the most reliable yes, however Tataru does have the highest MGP per win, plus you get a chance of getting Lightning and Firion (depending on where you are in Heavensward) as well as counting towards the roulette achievement.

They're coming to take me away. Ha Ha!
    BG Level

So I was grinding some Elmer games for the tournament when this happened:

What the fuck Elmer. I already had it from grinding him earlier, so this makes 3.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Some general, pointless questions, since I just rediscovered my love for Triple Triad:

Are there any expectations about which "new cards" will be added next update? Like, things SE has promised? Just curious, because I can only count maybe 10 prominent named characters without cards. Maybe they're adding more monsters?

For fucks sake, add a Nabriales card to Chrysalis, at least give people a reason to run it in daily trial roulettes.

Fallen Ace and Reverse. I've gotten these two together a few times with random rules, but how do A and 1 work in this situation? Does the 1 still flip the A (Fallen Ace, normal Reverse separately) or does the A flip the 1 (Reversing the Fallen Ace)?

With all the match fixing, at least on my server, is it even worth it to try tournaments anymore?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No idea, current new cards from 3.0 are dicks to get.

Would of been nice to have in Chrysalis to save my mgp spending addiction

I don't think I've ever come across it, I would say reverse takes over the A so the 1 will win. Can set up a match with someone with those rules and test it out.

If you aren't abusing you're way up there right at the start, it isn't worth it. Can get a cheeky amount of MGP/Plat packs if you don't just spam an npc. Did npc he last few tournaments and only received about 5-7k losing a few matches, no packs. Did matching this week for a quick boost and ended in 11th without much effort

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    Fallen Ace and Reverse. I've gotten these two together a few times with random rules, but how do A and 1 work in this situation? Does the 1 still flip the A (Fallen Ace, normal Reverse separately) or does the A flip the 1 (Reversing the Fallen Ace)?
    In Fallen Ace, 1 beats A
    In Reverse, 1 beats A

I don't know why you're confused. It's not like Reverse reverses the effect of other rules; 1 clearly beats A in that situation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Reverse cancels out Fallen Ace, just treat it as just plain Reverse.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does anyone know if you can obtain cards from duties when run with the "Undersized Party" option, to run them uncapped? Been helping someone who JUST got into TT and was going to tell them the duty ones will be a right pain in the ass now that few people deliberately queue for Lv50 stuff. Siren and Demon Wall would be particularly difficult to get without being able to run as Undersized Party.

I know the undersized party option eliminates item and gil drops from enemies, and the cards feel they drop off of the boss. Curious if anyone got a card from running anything undersized.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Yes, you can. I've soloed Stone Vigil normal for gear and gotten Blue Dragon cards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That feel when you almost lock in first

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...198863dda1.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

That feeling when there's not even 20 people in the top 20 even with the NPCs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Better late than masturbate :^) but really doing it later in the week won't be any easier