1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Triad Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

k got Squall for a total of 42 cards; think it's time for bed lol

didn't get any of them via duties either JUST GOOD OLE FASHIONED CHILDREN'S CARDGAMES

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    k got Squall for a total of 42 cards; think it's time for bed lol

didn't get any of them via duties either JUST GOOD OLE FASHIONED CHILDREN'S CARDGAMES
    How did you get the Grand Company NPC's to fight you? I've tried at 8PM, 5PM, 8AM... all of them told me to screw off they had work to do ._.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

They just appear at certain times of the day; there's no Sergeant in Limsa who fights. iirc Heuloix (Adder) is at night and Swift (Flames) is early morning

I sort of lucked out and they popped while I was getting my Miounne and Wymond wins lol

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

NPCs seem woefully bad at reverse rule. It's like they don't understand it and don't even try to get flips

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I got another question here... How do you battle the Friendly beastmen leaders? Do you need to be rank 7?

Or is it a specific time as well ._.?

Getting better cards, not being able to use them, and having to hunt down NPCs at your level is really making this not fun.

Doesn't help that when you find one you can beat regularly it takes 40+ wins to get a fucking card from them.

And to top it all off the time of day bullshit is just fucking wow, really SE, fucking WOW.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fucking Joellaut never puts out. Been here an hour now with no card drop at all

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Speaking of which, I'm at 29/30 for the Achievement Rocl was talking about... but I can't find anymore NPCs to fight.. is my only option really getting Rank 7 in Ixali to fight him? Might help to know who I've beaten but FFXIVTriad is acting funny so i can't see the NPC names... but I've been around.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I have 30 cards myself. At like 19 or 20 out of the 30 NPCs for Squall as well.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    I have 30 cards myself. At like 19 or 20 out of the 30 NPCs for Squall as well.
    Found Mr30 in Horizon... a Guard next to the Porter.

Finally \o/

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

28/30! So close D: Doing the two in Coerthas now and then I think Rowena will finish me.

aaand 30. Fuck Rowena and that Random always getting her the same shit lol

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So for someone that's a complete newbie to TT, any guides out there? Sometimes I do fine, other times I get my ass handed to me.

Also...

1) What do the green, circular icons on some cards mean? I noticed some have it on the upper-right side of the card and if you toggle through how to display the card icons, that icon will appear as well.
    2) How do you tell when you have too many rare cards in your deck?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    So for someone that's a complete newbie to TT, any guides out there? Sometimes I do fine, other times I get my ass handed to me.

Also...

1) What do the green, circular icons on some cards mean? I noticed some have it on the upper-right side of the card and if you toggle through how to display the card icons, that icon will appear as well.
    2) How do you tell when you have too many rare cards in your deck?
    @ #1, the card type. There's like.. Primals, Beastmen, Garlean, Scions, and one other I Think?
    @#2; they stated in patch notes that you had to have 30+ cards to have an unlimited amount of 2* + a higher 3/4 *, and then I think like 60 cards for more than one 3* + the 4*/5* or whatever.

As for a guide; http://a-realm-reblog.com/arrtt/how-to-play Try this.

Squall get, btw. 1/6/A/A. Replaces my bahamut for now I guess in some situations.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Damn, miss a day of gaming and everyone on that swag card obtain shit, lol.

Just realized that most NPCs outside are complete crap at some of the rules. 6/30 for now.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Damn, miss a day of gaming and everyone on that swag card obtain shit, lol.

Just realized that most NPCs outside are complete crap at some of the rules. 6/30 for now.
    Sux to be you

And thanks for the info Akiyama, but I was looking more for general strategy/deck builder tips. Though with what you said I should just get into farming ASAP. Maybe farm primals too so I can turn copies in for MGP for that coat...

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ahh okay. Yeah, deck building is a little difficult I'd say after day 1, but there's a reddit thread I saw which mentioned a strategy to get the King down pretty easy (which is what I farmed for a ton + got Bahamut from) as he's probably one of the easier ones that pay out more than 100 MGP.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    28/30! So close D: Doing the two in Coerthas now and then I think Rowena will finish me.

aaand 30. Fuck Rowena and that Random always getting her the same shit lol
    Random decks seem to fuck over the player far more than NPCs because they seem to only have like 6-8 cards that they pick 5 from whereas the player gets shafted on their top rank cards as they chances of drawing your 5 stars are hugely diminished (It always draws you a 2-5 star card where applicable, it's just that the 2-4 star clutter gets in the way)

It almost seems like its better to beat the Random people before you pop all your 2-4 star cards.

I guess it works out about even when you factor in other rules though. NPC's seem to have no fucking clue how to deal with Reverse rules. Order people don't shuffle their deck order between matches so can be easily worked out/tricked. And the AI for the most part is pretty basic so you can manipulate the AI into playing cards in a set pattern once you work out what it will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Maybe farm primals too so I can turn copies in for MGP for that coat...
    Spamming trial DR when I got bored of playing cards yesterday netted me more furniture mats than cards (1 mat, 0 cards).

That's with much of the day doing 4 min Garudas with people for their relics too.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

let me tell you about the triple window garuda that got me no cards.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I logged in an hour from the end of that window, got 2 Garudas, next window was Shiva/Ifrit gentle and I got both those cards too. It's good to be me apparently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast