1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Triad Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

spent 2 hours on Mog HM set party farming light last night, only one person (not me) got a king mog card during that span.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Random decks seem to fuck over the player far more than NPCs because they seem to only have like 6-8 cards that they pick 5 from whereas the player gets shafted on their top rank cards as they chances of drawing your 5 stars are hugely diminished (It always draws you a 2-5 star card where applicable, it's just that the 2-4 star clutter gets in the way)

It almost seems like its better to beat the Random people before you pop all your 2-4 star cards.

I guess it works out about even when you factor in other rules though. NPC's seem to have no fucking clue how to deal with Reverse rules. Order people don't shuffle their deck order between matches so can be easily worked out/tricked. And the AI for the most part is pretty basic so you can manipulate the AI into playing cards in a set pattern once you work out what it will do.
    Random is the worst. NPCs only have 8 cards and of course they are all 3-5 stars. Meanwhile us lowly plebs have 15 1 stars a few 2 and 3 stars and a bahamut card. I had my best luck by putting shit cards right in the middle and sides and just trying to take them back and hopefully snag one of hers along the way. It still sucks.

Chaos is also annoying as they always seem to have the perfect counter . . .

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a list of the cards out there yet? I want to collect most of the 1/2 stars but I don't even know what they are.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

People keep linking http://ffxivtriad.com/ and the list is pretty good, but I'm not sold on the acquisition conditions yet for all of them

EDIT: It's undergone a lot of changes since last I looked, the info is pretty solid now

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I logged in an hour from the end of that window, got 2 Garudas, next window was Shiva/Ifrit gentle and I got both those cards too. It's good to be me apparently.

Also it's pretty fucking bullshit that NPCs clearly play based on what cards you have even when Open isn't in effect.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I can't beat anyone but Jonas reliably, lol. My pea brain can't understand rules like Plus. All I read is if two cards touch and shit equals something then everything flips on its ass. TT is a game for math nuts, and I'm a words guy.

I gave it a good go, though, but unless I'm playing the basic version with no rules I can't keep up.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I can't beat anyone but Jonas reliably, lol. My pea brain can't understand rules like Plus. All I read is if two cards touch and shit equals something then everything flips on its ass. TT is a game for math nuts, and I'm a words guy.

I gave it a good go, though, but unless I'm playing the basic version with no rules I can't keep up.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...explained_for/

Did you read this?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I am awful at math and I do pretty well at Triple Triad, believe in yourself. Getting the GC Leader cards is gonna be awful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Anyone have a good ascension deck against Indolent Imperial? My trio of beastmen get destroyed.

I'd like to farm this guy for a bit since he has quite a few cards, but my win rate is quite low.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Anyone have a good ascension deck against Indolent Imperial? My trio of beastmen get destroyed.

I'd like to farm this guy for a bit since he has quite a few cards, but my win rate is quite low.
    I'd love to know some good decks for the harder people with the Order rule too; those ones are super annoying although now I can use 2 stars freely so it's probably not as bad anymore.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Also it's pretty fucking bullshit that NPCs clearly play based on what cards you have even when Open isn't in effect.
    I don't think this is true. You can manipulate them into making the same moves repeatedly even if you change your deck specifically to counter them (super obvious if you play anyone with Order rules)

It's also really obvious in Sudden Death matches as their AI drastically improves once they know all cards available. They don't fall for the same shit in Sudden Death that they do in first round.

Remember it's a perfectly valid strategy to throw down a card with 2 (or sometimes 3) weak sides showing. As you can flip the 2nd weak side back and the AI will often expose a weak side of a good card to get the flip.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I use Mutamix, Memeroon, Bugaal Ja, Frixio and A&A vs him but my win rate is probably only 60-70%

Also like Jem said it definitely doesn't feel like the AI plays according to what I have lol but idk shit is pretty easy

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah you must have more than 30 cards. Im stuck with playing Ixal Amalj'aa Sylph Bahamut and something else.

I probably need to put some more thought into deck composition

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I don't think this is true. You can manipulate them into making the same moves repeatedly even if you change your deck specifically to counter them (super obvious if you play anyone with Order rules)

It's also really obvious in Sudden Death matches as their AI drastically improves once they know all cards available. They don't fall for the same shit in Sudden Death that they do in first round.

Remember it's a perfectly valid strategy to throw down a card with 2 (or sometimes 3) weak sides showing. As you can flip the 2nd weak side back and the AI will often expose a weak side of a good card to get the flip.
    I don't remember the match exactly but against the king there was a match that went such that if my last, unused card had been a different card I'd have won.

I altered my deck to swap that last card for another, eventually the same match played out and he made a different move on the 2nd to last turn, preventing the new card from winning the match.

I could be wrong or just remembering it wrong, but it feels like under certain rule conditions the NPC behavior is either somewhat randomized or they know more than they "should".

edit: eh, the more I think about the more I'm inclined to believe I'm probably just remembering it wrong, one of his cards in the deck was probably different and I didn't notice or something

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    Nah, I'm done with it. I've got a headache from frustration and I can feel my blood pressure rising. TT is not a good game for me and my personality type. I wish you all luck, though.

I'm not a math guy. I can't do it. I couldn't do it in FFVIII, and I can't do it now. When they have a Card game for English majors, I'll be right there. A spelling bee or something, lol, as absurd as it'd be.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Ah you must have more than 30 cards. Im stuck with playing Ixal Amalj'aa Sylph Bahamut and something else.

I probably need to put some more thought into deck composition
    Ah, yes, I don't think I challenged him much before I had 30, so I can't rightly help. Maybe try to get Kobold to help out? :\

Though I think I got him from a bronze pack sooo

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just an example of how easily manipulated the NPCs are. The Coerthas order dude is virtually always a win or draw when you get first turn.

[5:5] Place Ixal bottom right corner
    [4:6] He counters Shiva to the right (leaving the top 1 exposed)
    [5:5] Place Couerl above Shiva to flip it
    [4:6] He counters either above or left of Couerl
    [6:4] Place Bahamut to the right of Couerl / middle right slot (flipping Ixal and Couerl)
    [5:5] He counters either above Couerl or left of Couerl

Depending on what his cards and the order of your remaining Chocobo and Moogle cards (I forget which is left 7 and which is right 7) will determine whether you win or draw from here (Basically if your 7 can flip something and remain unflippable from being boxed in)

Sometimes, very infrequently, he will counter the initial Ixal by going above it instead. Just throw Couerl above that to flip it and go from there. Usually ends in a draw though.

He may be 100% winnable with the right order of cards. I just rotated my deck after the first time against him and couldn't be assed trying to be more efficient

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Has anyone bought the booster packs from the Triple Triad NPC? Wondering if the packs are weighted towards lower * cards, or if it's equal chance, just expensive to buy the packs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast