1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe I just suck at racing for now. Would love to hit Ped 9 quickly to start working on a max'd bird

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had so many last night that ended within .50 seconds of first and had this at work ;c

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...6e57dc46b7.jpg

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I would focus stats mostly on stamina than anything else since the patch. Running out of stamina is probably the biggest issue to date.

You should start thinking about feeding grade 2 food at these ped lv. The more stars ur bird has in a stat the more points it will gain for higher grade food. Grade 2 should be your norm til ur ped 9. With how much races pay now you can afford to buy em from npc. 1100 each for 40 lvs is only a 40k MGP commitment. (You'll realistically only feed it about 35 times and coast the last 5 lvs)

Especially once you hit R120+ races, npcs will hit alot of hazards that will destroy their stamina so if you can outlast them you'll finish top 3 everytime regardless of your speed.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

I really hope they eventually either remove clipping/blocking entirely, or give the NPCs a simulated latency so they can't spaz out and block you perfectly 100% of the time if you're within 3 lanes of them. Then again, that's like 90% of the challenge, so it's probably going to stay.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Definately going with stamina as the king of stats right now. Speed kills, especially if you're hemorrhaging stamina.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd think Level Head V, and some means of removing/benefiting from Heavy, would be king of everything now. Maybe even more than any of the stats, in terms of just being able to make it to the home stretch with 6-7% stamina in the tank (and being in a position to finish 1-3 of course).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Glancing over some skills that can be purchased, and not sure if I went retard at work reading, but T3 can only be obtained through breeding? Some of them that is

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't raced in a while but I think the general rule of thumb is

T1/T2 abilities are purchasable
    Traits are not
    Except Dressage where T1/2/3 are purchasable

At least I think that's what it was. It's possible I overlooked every trait that wasn't Head Start though just because they were all garbage last time I raced.

You can get T3 abilities on level up too if you Lethe Water at higher levels.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hurr durr I'm a retard. Movin on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do chocobos have a set possible skills learned over and over per ped? I keep getting Esuna/Recovery/Item distraction each level I use a water qq.

edit; since ped9 around the corner and have 140k mgp saved for G3, do I just pump my bird full till it can't eat anymore in each tier or do I need to do certain stats in order for the most gain?

edit2; What's min * needed for achievement as well for Ped9 rank 285 ish

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think it's 17* minimum to get the achievement

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here is where I stand on chocobo racing right now... I have 17* currently right now and rank 41

I have not fed it once because I have another ped 9 bird that I want to try after this one hits 50 for 285 achievement. The other bird has Choco dash 3, this has absolute shit. I should of kept Stamina III at R40 but I was hoping for a better secondary skill.

My only race option left for the last 9 levels of hell...

I haven't spent the 130k on grade 3 food since I don't intend to keep this bird, so if I were to pump her full of G1's would we go 20/20 into Stam/Speed? Current birds in that bracket are 95-80 second clears and I'm sitting at 100~ D: Only good part about losing is it counts to the 3k race achievement which has 800~ left.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Still been needing ~500 more races for last achievement, but went back to see if I can get a decent bird.

I need good reasons to not max feed this bird and keep it till the day I die. 4/2/2/4/4

Pretty sure it'll still shit on every npc it races.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...1028addb6f.jpg

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

My interest has been rekindled, since the introduction of challenges and the new abilities! Wish we could get a few more tracks, but oh well.

There's a probably-bug with one of the new abilities Breather. Since it gives back stamina while you're decelerating, you can hold both forward and back to go slightly slower than max speed and conserve most of your stamina. Helps out quite a bit with newer birds.

Linked video shows an example:
    Spoiler: show

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Hmm. I may have to check it out.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Max Power from the final challenge is a dick. Also

Spoiler: show

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niamh Rillemaugh
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie

Whelp.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...92f9726aa0526f

・An issue with Chocobo Racing wherein the “Breather” effect would be applied while accelerating under certain conditions.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

I never got to give it a try, but apparently a lot of people were doing it. Sadly I've run into a single person while racing in the past week, despite the room always being packed. I guess they're just all in the very low brackets getting their feet wet.

That said, I've been having great success with Super Sprint so far. The tooltip itself says "Sprint without weather or terrain penalties until all stamina is spent", but it does a bit more than that. It instantly sets your speed to max much like Choco Dash, sprint pads etc. It also makes you "immune" to frenzy and slow effects from items.

It can get me almost to the very end of Sagoli R300 by using it at the very start, and should I not quite make it all the way I have a Choco Dash III ready to push my speed back to full for a few seconds when I start to slow down. The only thing that ever causes me issues is A: Meteor, and B: that cheating piece of shit NPC "Star Breaker".

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

How do you get these abilities? Just buy the training manuals? My bird is only like rank 30 and pretty piddling, but I just want the 500 wins achievement and title.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got the super sprint skill from unlearning/ranking up a handfull of times. It seemed great for the last push on your stamina, had chocobo reraise2 with it and would give back some stamina too for a little more cushion.

Still feeling pretty partial to Dash/Headstart.