Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest HD (Fan Remake)

Remastered by Dark Design
    A complete, new remaster of the 1992 video game, Mystic Quest by Square. Features new graphics, soundtrack and highly enhanced gameplay. A game that Final Fantasy fans and RPG Gamers worldwide just cannot miss.
    Official site: http://www.darkdesigngames.com/
    Release date: March 13, 2015

EDIT: SE has denied their involvement. Be wary if you choose to purchase this game as "Should I Remove It" states it's already available.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Mysti...4-program.aspx

More on Dark Design Games:

http://rpgmaker.net/users/darkdesigngames/media/

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh shit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Say what you will about this game, but the music was great.

And the ending begged for a sequel.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Per kotaku.com Square Enix isn't really backing it : http://kotaku.com/fan-made-final-fan...e-a-1688055419

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Thought this was kind of weird being "sold" by some other company, not surprising SE isn't actually part of this.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

If there is a god, this will come out and be every bit as good as I'm hoping.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor is that this is already available for free this is just a money grab from a opportunist.

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

This is..embarrassing but MQ was the first RPG I ever played. (FF7 was second.)

If this is a cheap knockoff I hope they deal with it fast, if not I wouldn't mind playing it again just 'cuz.

If it is a cheap knockoff, I may just hunt up the rom just so I can play it again. ^^ I'm not paying for a scam.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Its almost definitely a scam. Their website and everything just screamed not legit. Also preordering only through them sounds shady as fuck.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Shame on me for getting hype, but I really was looking forward to a 4-person FFMQ. The soundtrack was OP for the time and some of the monster designs were hilarious. Brownie/Mint Mint/Redcap was mah Nigga.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It was "remastered" using RPG Maker VX.

Edited the OP with additional information.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I knew it smelled of RPG Maker when I first saw it and felt there was something wrong.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    Its almost definitely a scam. Their website and everything just screamed not legit. Also preordering only through them sounds shady as fuck.
    While it's not a scam and I actually work with the guy as he's porting a few of the games an indie studio I joined recently as a composer and localization team member to iOS and Android (look up Chronicles of a Dark Lord on Steam), I believe there were 2 versions of this game, but as of now, the only people who'd have this game early are his friends and people he work with. So I can definitely say he's legit, but being as it's a Square Enix game, it's just unfortunate it gets negative light, but that's the risk you take. Since it's being sold with the Final Fantasy title, he did have to have a line with SE for it to even happen.

As for preordering only through them, it normally would be exclusive for awhile, then pop up on Steam/Amazon and such. I see nothing wrong with RM games personally, as you can mold the engine to do things if you actually have talent, but it's kind of like SE's FFV/FFVI on mobiles, that has more of a feel of RM than this one did to be honest lol.

More specifically - The problem is, the London Studio fucked up and there's a disconnect between them and SE of Japan in term of communication, so of course there were "no involvement" because it wasn't through the main studio. Obviously can't post all the intimate details here, but it is most definitely not a scam, just SE being SE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

From a website standpoint, I would put a little more faith in this if other links besides the purchasing of the game & services worked. The site also features quotes from gamers who played the game despite it not being available.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Props to whoever arranged that final boss music.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Details on how shady this is

TL;DR: Came out two years ago for free. Would not run without a key and the only way to get a key was to email the guy and show proof you owned a SE game. He never responded with a key. The download itself was apparently full of adware. His original website was suspended for "Suspicious activities".

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

damn. my hopes got raised and crashed in one 24-hour period. I should have known that squenix would never bring back MQ...

ah well. back to fielding Benjamin in Theatrhythm. it's the best we're going to get!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well, I always believe the best in people first before expecting the worst. So, I do believe that Mystic Quest HD Remaster is not a scam, and there simply has been a lot of misunderstandings. I've downloaded the free version, and it seems legitimate to me. So, if you pre-ordered the retail release, just think of it as a donation for their hard work if, indeed, the game is not coming out through actual retail. But it doesn't matter, I believe that it will come out no matter how many people think it's a scam. So, have some faith in Dark Design Games and Kisareth (they bought Dark Design Games & makers of Chronicles of the Dark Lord on Steam). You will probably be surprised at the outcome.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post

TL;DR: Came out two years ago for free. Would not run without a key and the only way to get a key was to email the guy and show proof you owned a SE game. He never responded with a key. The download itself was apparently full of adware. His original website was suspended for "Suspicious activities".
    Well, I downloaded and played the updated free version (4.0). It doesn't ask for a key and DOES NOT install spyware/adware nor anything else besides the game. Sorry, I can't post the link since I'm a new member. But you can search for it on Google.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

lol