1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Celebrating 4m accounts- free login campaign

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...2d0d2686f228b1

Fledgling adventurers continue to arrive in Eorzea in droves, and we are pleased to announce that the realm is now home to four million registered accounts. To celebrate this momentous milestone and beckon yet more adventurers to the realm, we will be hosting a Free Login Campaign!

If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, this is the perfect opportunity to sample all the latest additions to FINAL FANTASY XIV, including the recently opened Manderville Gold Saucer. You won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!

≪Free Login Campaign Overview≫

Users meeting the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn free of charge during the upcoming Campaign:

Eligibility
    Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV and whose service account is set as inactive during the campaign period.
    *Please visit the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to confirm the status of your service account.

Event Schedule
    From Friday, February 27, 2015 at 08:00 (GMT) to Monday, March 9, 2015 at 08:00 (GMT)
    * Please note that a subscription to FFXIV: ARR is required to continue playing after the event period.

Client Download
    If you have yet to install the game, please download the official client software.
    (http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)

Don't miss out on this chance to experience Eorzea in all her glory!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

You know... This, right after the GS congestion issues...

This feels like parody.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Could not come at a better time, I'm was going to lose my house next week from inactivity.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Could not come at a better time, I'm was going to lose my house next week from inactivity.
    i don't think that exists.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Clearly triple triad was responsible for the last 1mil subs.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I was super cynical about the Gold Saucer, but it's been a lot of fun. Something I think that will carry over well into 3.0 if they keep expanding GATEs (maybe 15min respawn too) and Triad / Racing. Add more glamour / novelty furniture / mounts / minions etc and fuck it man. It's grindy as all hell but Chocobo Racing and Triad is actually fairly enjoyable and passes the time quickly.

EDIT: I have no idea why I assumed Lucavi was taking a dig at the Gold Saucer when I read his post, woops.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Oh hell no, I love the Gold Saucer. I fail at TT - horribly - but I'm a goddamn Pro at choco racing and can see all kinds of new content for both systems.

Its the systems behind the saucer that I feel are better than the games themselves. Chocobo Racing has 0 queue times and even if/when people stop playing, there still won't be queue times because of the NPC racers. You also look at the racers themselves: dynamic, changing mechanics that aren't pre-set and scripted (like Mario Kart 64 or other "follow the leader" games). These are the most dynamic AI constructs in the entire game; even raid bosses are entirely scripted to timers and percentages.

This little patch does more than just entertain me; it lets me know that SE -is- working behind the scenes to continue to work on both the issues of the game (horrible, HORRIBLE queue times for things like PVP) and develop new systems.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There are a few areas that look like they should be expanded to lead to new squares, so perhaps we'll see expansions added onto the golden saucer. I imagine this is kind of like the main area hub that we have, and then we'll have another area that is still 'under construction and not finished being decorated'

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There are a few areas that look like they should be expanded to lead to new squares, so perhaps we'll see expansions added onto the golden saucer. I imagine this is kind of like the main area hub that we have, and then we'll have another area that is still 'under construction and not finished being decorated'
    Needs retaining bells at minimum IMO

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

needs fighting square against npcs or other players as well

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    They probably dont want people living there 24/7

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    i don't think that exists.
    Might be meaning FC.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Should give inn room access and have the bell in there purely to thin out some of the clusterfuck of people.

Convenience is great but the more convenient a place is to be, the more likely the entire fucking server idles there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Chrian View Post
    needs fighting square against npcs or other players as well
    This so much. The Colosseum is well established, have npc fights and pvp duels with variable handicaps. Increase MGP reward as handicaps increase, charge an entry fee, maybe even allow spectator betting.

It'd be a perfect fit for Ul'dah lore and add in a fun gil/timesink that can be build primarily on existing pvp/pve mechanics.