View Poll Results: What color combo is this dress?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • White/gold

83 56.46%
  • Blue/black

64 43.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Must suck to be in the white/gold crowd, seeing as how you're wrong and all.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

We fought for net neutrality so the mass of humanity that has access to the WWW can argue over the color of a dress.

I fucking hate my own species.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

god damnit, not you too bg, fuck this dress and whoever started this bullshit

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    We fought for net neutrality so the mass of humanity that has access to the WWW can argue over the color of a dress.

I fucking hate my own species.
    Sadly this wins the argument.

Super slow day at work and this actually passes the time. Thank you thread. Thank you.

Also it's still white/gold. Fuck ya'll.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

For real, this thread has been very entertaining today. I don't have to leave for the airport for another hour and I've been anxiously looking at the clock so this has helped pass the time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Amazon Reviews are priceless:

Robbed a bank in this dress. Nobody could agree on a proper description of me. Sketch artist's head exploded. Got away. Fantastic.
    Bought this for my wife, who is a big New York Giants fan.

Received a dress for New Orleans Saints.

Returned.
    I bought this dress for my wife, and she looks beautiful in it. Funny thing, the other day I saw another woman who looked exactly like my wife, kissing another man. But it couldn't have been my wife because that woman was wearing a white-and-gold dress, and the dress I bought my wife is a blue-and-black one. Whew, I was almost worried for a moment there, haha
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Womens...ustomerReviews

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I fucking missed you, bg.

P.s. I tried staring at lights n' shit to see if that would change anything. It is still, and always has been, black and blue to me.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

P.s. I tried staring at lights n' shit to see if that would change anything. It is still, and always has been, black and blue to me.
    And hauberk has always been purple.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What if...what if all the black people in the world have been gold this whole time?!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    What if...what if all the black people in the world have been gold this whole time?!
    Going by that, does that mean Dusty Rhodes is really a black man?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    John Blaze
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The Rock took care of this for us.

Spoiler: show

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    wow no wonder they used to be such valuable property

cash4black.com

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

SO Bit late but im seeing white and gold big that picture but I saw another where it was black and blue

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

And hauberk has always been purple.
    Well it's good to know that you're a goddamn heretic. White/Gold dress and Blue AdaBerk.

Tossing into photoshop and eyedropper shows that the "black" is a dark golden/brown hue, while the "blue" is a very light blue/white hue in places. Now most likely the white/golden hues are being brought in by the light source as it's very prevalent.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

HOW DID IT CHANGE

i was just thinking/looking at the black|gold part and going "oh yeah i can see, yellow flash, i can see how that'd be a thing" then i tabbed away and came back and wtf

My nigga.jpg. Feels good not to be alone. Thank you for existing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I can see both colors, it just depends on what your eyes have been adjusted to honestly. Last night when this shitstorm hit i saw white/gold but this morning at work I saw black and blue, go out to grab lunch and come back and that shit is white/gold again, waited 20 mins in office and looked at it again, shit's black and blue.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I've gotten to where I can consciously switch between the two. I'm sick of looking at this dress now.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    I came home from class last night and I was so confused about why this was even an argument. I saw it as black/blue initially and then continued to see it as such for hours. I couldn't even fathom how people could see it as white/gold. Later, when I was super tired, I saw a different post on Tumblr and I saw white/gold for the first time. This morning, after having been refreshed, I look at the same post as last night and see black/blue again. Now though, I can kind of see how your eyes could be tricked into seeing white/gold.

This is the image I am talking about, so I thought it was just an elaborate troll. But even today after I've woken fully, I don't see white/gold. I can sort of perceive how others might see it, but I really don't see it at this point.
    [I-MG]https://40.media.tumblr.com/4e1f6708d3b0a3b221e4b5756b2b524e/tumblr_nkevty5iOy1sco0gpo3_540.png[/IMG]

There is a test on which people check their ability to see color. http://www.xrite.com/online-color-test-challenge It's not hard but it's very telling when it comes to this sort of debate. The lower your score the better. The last time I did it (a few weeks ago) I scored 7.

It's really fascinating learning color theory and understanding how different people perceive color. When I was majoring in Interior Design, that was one of the things we discussed, and how some colors that look great to one person will look awful to another, and how lighting alters color. It's really cool, and definitely a mindfuck.

White and gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast