1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 7 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 2 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    The only problem from there is the lul in content from April to June 19th.
    To be fair, it's only around 20 days longer than what we normally wait between Coil patches (official Heavensward release is 238 days after 2.4, early access is 234 days after. Time between 2.0 and 2.2 was 212 days. The time between 2.2 and 2.4 was 215 days). It feels longer this time because patch 2.5 was released 3-4 weeks earlier than expected. At least we've been given 2.51 and soon 2.55, so there's a bit more to chew on than normal. If they hadn't delayed the expansion by a month then it would have been pretty much on the normal schedule, but I'm happy that they are taking their time to get it right.

Yoshi-P said that patch 2.5 Part 2 will have a significant amount of content, but I think it'll likely only be the 3 hours of main story quests and maybe some sort of open world event. He also said that there will be minor patches between March 31st and June 19th but that they will only bring QoL changes and not actual content.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah, it also didn't help that the "in between" Part 1 and 2 patch's main content was Golden Saucer. Which is fine, since I always liked Choco Racing and such in all games it appeared, but that being the main draw and it's not really progression content does make it feel a bit sparse kinda. So hopefully the content in Part 2 doesn't get exhausted too quickly, with them unlocking FCoB and WoD it's a good "get your shit caught up" time, but I assume that weekly quest will remain weekly as well. (For the Coat/Twine, since let's be real, outside of your group, you're not farming twines and coats anytime soon on DF.)

Hopefully they just forgot to mention about unlocking Poetics..but I guess due to no new Tomestone until 3.x it'll stay locked.

If they're unlocking coil there's no reason to keep Poetics or WoD locked.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    While true, they normally only unlock it when they introduce a new one, e.g Mythology > Sol > Poetics. Since the new tomes aren't being introduced until 3.x, good chance it may stay locked. Also taking into the consideration there's usually new raids added so they can "adjust (nerf)" tome returns on the previous, e.g Poetics would be lessened for the new one tomes on new dungeons. Guess it all depends on exactly what content is coming in Part 2.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Am I the only one who is really trying to study and find out what could possibly cause the CE to cost $130 besides "It's Final Fantasy, they'll pay"?

http://tinyurl.com/p8vxug8

Compare and contrast

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"It's Final Fantasy, they'll pay"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    "It's Final Fantasy, they'll pay"
    Pretty much

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's the extra bluray disc that comes with the Heavensward CE. The custom design of the display box probably upped the price a bit too. Worth noting that while the FFXIV 3.0 physical CE is more expensive than the ESO one, the Heavensward digital CE is 20 bucks cheaper than the Elder Scrolls equivalent.

Edit: Compare to the GW2 physical CE that went for $150: http://kotaku.com/5892778/the-150-gu...day-head-start

The SWTOR CE was $149.99: http://www.vg247.com/2011/07/20/rumo...ely-expensive/

The Rift: Nightmare Tide expansion CE was $150 http://www.engadget.com/2014/10/21/e...n-is-right-fo/

The EVE 10-year anniversary bundle was $150 http://www.shacknews.com/article/789...ctober-for-150

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dear Lord. Give me strength ...

Heavensward Collector's Edition:
    US $130 = £87.88
    EU €130 = £92.56
    What we actually pay:
    UK £129.99 = €182.18
    UK £129.99= $192.04
    I'm fucking shafted. Can I import and install? lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They confirmed WOD unlock too

Just POE that they havn't confirmed (but they should unlock it too)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

With Coil unlocked there's no reason for the Poetics cap. They'll probably unlock it too because all these 130 gearsets will be trash in Heavensward.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Dear Lord. Give me strength ...

I'm fucking shafted. Can I import and install? lol
    As if the direct conversion wasn't way over priced to begin with. I got the CE for 1.0 but no way am I paying that. I'll make do with the cheapest package. They all come with early access anyway.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    With Coil unlocked there's no reason for the Poetics cap. They'll probably unlock it too because all these 130 gearsets will be trash in Heavensward.
    As said that's the only iffy thing, since the only time weekly tomes became uncapped was when they introduced a new one (Mythic > Soldiery > Poetics > ????.) But given the 3 month lull in most likely no content, they hopefully should unlock it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    As said that's the only iffy thing, since the only time weekly tomes became uncapped was when they introduced a new one (Mythic > Soldiery > Poetics > ????.) But given the 3 month lull in most likely no content, they hopefully should unlock it.
    Yes but that also happened alongside other unlocks like Coil and CT. With the patch you'll be able to spam FCoB for i130 gear, why would they keep a cap on Poetics in that case?

So we can pre-order the Digital CE upgrade's online?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    So we can pre-order the Digital CE upgrade's online?
    Probably like what they did with the standard editions. You register the code and then on the mogstation it gives you the option to upgrade to digital for $10 more.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Annnnd NA SE server died. Lol.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Annnnd NA SE server died. Lol.
    Just as planned :kappa:

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Yes but that also happened alongside other unlocks like Coil and CT. With the patch you'll be able to spam FCoB for i130 gear, why would they keep a cap on Poetics in that case?
    Well the difference is that whilst everyone can easily farm Poetics, only the upper tier of players can spam FCoB. That being said, I fully expect Poetics to also be uncapped.

If it's anything like the end of 1.0, they started giving zero fucks about difficulty of obtaining things. They basically threw GC seals at people for nothing which may seem meaningless now but back then the gear from them was really good. They also gave people relics in their inn rooms after they slept although admittedly that was after the final save point!

Gd, the site really fucking broke. It's been down since what 3pm EST?