1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: General PS4 UI/HUD Tips     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

General PS4 UI/HUD Tips

I have been a PC XIV player (and all MMOs in general) since 1.0 release. I decided recently to poke around in XIV before the expansion hits and downloaded it on my PS4 to try it out for the first time. It's like learning to walk again; I think I spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to expand the chat box size before I had to Google the touchscreen double tap feature. I eventually set up a couple gearsets and cross bars for PLD (high level) and my LV 17 ROG and spent an hour messing around in FATEs on the latter. I started getting used to the general flow of things, but targeting and some other aspects of the game remain pretty difficult / weird. This led me on more Google hunts and I realized there are a lot of features and button combinations that I'd never have figured out without the interwebs.

So, in short, new PS4 FFXIV player looking for general HUD/UI tips on the console/controller setup.

Have you played FFXI on controller? First thing I do is to turn on legacy controls. It's almost exactly like FFXI.

Also, I'd suggest expanding cross bar to include L2 > R2 and R2 > L2 (forgot the name of the exact option), it clears up 16 additional action slots without having to switch bars.

I'd post more when I think of anything.

Edit: pressing up or down targets people in your party (like FFXI). holding L1 + up/down changes enemy targets. holding L1 + triangle lets you target outside alliance members during battle.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Edit: pressing up or down targets people in your party (like FFXI). holding L1 + up/down changes enemy targets. holding L1 + triangle lets you target outside alliance members during battle.
    L1 + Right/Left lets you scroll through alliance members as well.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

L1 + R3 will activate virtual mouse. You can move it with R3 stick and use L2(left click) or R2(right click) as mouse buttons. You can use it to adjust some ui settings or size like map, chat and position