+ Reply to Thread

This Plane is Going to Miami! (Airlines)

Been many years since I last booked a flight.

Looking to visit some family in Sacramento, CA, and I don't know a good site/airline to use to book my flights. Looking for a round trip fare to leave in May for a 4 day stay from Miami, FL.

Help me out BG Travel Overlords. What kind of flights have you taken lately inside the US, or outside?

Spoiler: show

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Virgin America is good but could he a little more expensive, not sure if they fly into Sacramento. Southwest both times I've flown was decent.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Have you checked the typical sites? Travelocity, Kayak, Orbit, etc. You guna try to meet up with Amie or Dave while you're in CA?

Quote Originally Posted by Fr34k View Post
    Have you checked the typical sites? Travelocity, Kayak, Orbit, etc. You guna try to meet up with Amie or Dave while you're in CA?
    Probably not. Gonna be there 4 days, don't feel like driving 4-5 hours to L.A. to meet up with people haven't talked to in over two years. Have you been on the mainland now Freak?

I'll check those sites out.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Probably not. Gonna be there 4 days, don't feel like driving 4-5 hours to L.A. to meet up with people haven't talked to in over two years. Have you been on the mainland now Freak?

I'll check those sites out.
    Most sites have the same prices, it doesn't make much difference which you choose.

You can also use Google Flights which does all the same stuff as the others.

EDIT: Here's a link to Google Flights with information already set. You can change it however you see fit.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I use Hipmunk to find flights myself, but that's because it's really good at combining flights, places to stay, and transportation. As long as you don't plan to pack too much shit ( no checked bags) take whatever flight is cheapest. I travel a ton for work, and in my experience I find the cheapest flights on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning (No clue why!)

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

use hipmunk and kayak for your flight searches

do not fly spirit or frontier, they are absolute garbage which is why they appear so much cheaper. They have a ton of hidden fees and are rarely on time

cheapest days to fly are wednesday and saturday

The Anti Miz

BG Level

looks like you can do it for about 400 bones (300 if you fly to SFO) with 1 layover each way, not bad considering its across the country and neither airport is a major hub

Sweet deal, this is a lot of great information. I often hear to avoid Delta like the plague, not sure why or if accurate. I'll try Hipmunk, never heard of it, or Google Flights, thanks Toki.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

the major carriers are fine. they all have their issues. a lot of people think united is the worst thing ever and i basically fly exclusively united and rarely have issues. I flew delta cross country a few times last year and it was fine.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I flew Delta to and from Seattle last year (live in NYC) and it was good. Got free wifi for the flight to with our tickets, seats had their own little TV, etc. Took Delta in 2010 from NYC to Amsterdam and home from Dublin to NYC as well. Again, same deal as above minus the wifi.

United is a merged United/Continental and maybe another? My family used to fly Continental exclusively. Never had any issues.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Idk about delta, but avoid Spirit and USAirways like the plague if you can.