+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Server Populations     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Server Populations

The cross sever subforum is pretty dead, so I thought I'd post this here, instead.

Does anyone know how the servers compare to each other in population, and if there any active or large linkshells there?

For example, Sylph generally runs 450-500 people during NA and EU primetime, and about 600-700 during JP primetime, and there isn't much endgame linkshell activity.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Last week asura was averaging 850 players during NA primetime. I haven't checked other times. There are several NA endgame shells on asura and probably a JP shell or two. I think EU things are rather dead here considering the number of EU players who are in our shell (which does EST events).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

After the weekend of the update Bahamut had 1200 on during JP prime. Atm it's 600 during EU time. We get lots of people fleeing their servers. I think Asura, Bahamut and Odin (?) are the big 3 ppl flee to.

Campaign
    BG Level

700-900 on asura. Average went down by 150 because of the recent bans.

Several NA and JP linkshells, at least one big eu end game shell and other social ones

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Shiva is 450-700 during NA time, and 1k-1.4k during JP time. We're...a heavy JP server. Wouldn't be surprised if well over half the characters online during NA time are JP bazaars.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Siren usually has around 450-550 people during NA primetime and maybe 1k+ for JP primetime. It's been a while since I've stayed on long enough to check, but it's not like most JP actually log off on Siren. Weekends it's usually 1-1.2k for NA primetime. As far as endgame linkshells go, there's probably a handful for NA and JP, otherwise JP just shout for everything.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Lakshmi has 462 right now (8:48 PM EST)

Of those, about half are in cities (PJ + LJ + West Adoulin + East Adoulin have about 200 total)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

546 Fenrir (10:15 PM EST)

216 in aforementioned towns.

JP prime is 1k+ ;(

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

What's Odin look like outta curiosity? Had a friend transfer there and back the other day with a mule, brought up something a GM said during his transfer there due to issues with the transfer.

Spoiler: show

Just as likely that the GM is a clueless fuck I suppose, but still interesting.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What's Odin look like outta curiosity? Had a friend transfer there and back the other day with a mule, brought up something a GM said during his transfer there due to issues with the transfer.

Spoiler: show

Just as likely that the GM is a clueless fuck I suppose, but still interesting.
    What the fuck does that even mean

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Odin is still pretty healthy, think I saw 1800ish during jp time last weekend. I'll try getting some more exact numbers.

edit: Friday afternoon (~4 EST, I guess around EU prime time, lolEU) was around 750 online. 1000 online right now (8:30 EST, NA prime time)

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Saying that Odin will be split with another server sounds like Odin will be shared with another server to me (another server coming to Odin). Phoenix population has been between 500-800ish lately with about 80 in my ls alone lol. Weekends up to 1100 around JP time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The only other thing a "split" would mean is they re-make servers to be less overall and instead of straight merges you get an option to choose which world to join. So say you go to login and your options are: Bahamut, Odin, Shiva, Asura. Choose one.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lonoha View Post
    What the fuck does that even mean
    Friend said the next thing the GM said was "yes, merged is a better word for it." I'd still kind of side on the GM not knowing wtf is going on, but figured it'd be some good fuel for speculation.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Over here on Bahamut

past couple days I have been seeing 690-750 during NA Prime. During JP prime I see it break 1200 a lot of times easy. Found a good LS, and no problems whatsoever either getting
    stuff done, buying mats, etc.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I would like to know what has happened to populations sinse the press conference.

Just a little over 600 people right now on Phoenix NA time.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

From what I have seen on Bahamut it really hasn't changed.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Lakshmi is at 473 right now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Siren's still pretty much the same. I don't think we'll see many people leave until after November.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well I wouldn't really expect anything to change before billing cycle rolls around. The people who plan on just taking a break till November are most likely going to use up the rest of the month they paid for albeit possibly more afking possibly more looking for gil. I suspect many will at least stay thru the first update to get a feel for what we can expect and see if there will be vast improvements in gear and/or some kind of thing to start that can gate stuff if they left right now (think voidstone type thing or any other tags that can accumulate a decent bit). But I think most will just stay until then and combine that with some most likely coming back to start regearing ahead I'd imagine population numbers should stay similar though not necessarily activity. And then there are all the people in denial about the whole thing...