+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sweet! Perhaps it'll lead to a fail. Do you have anything Apple-related? lol

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Sweet! Perhaps it'll lead to a fail. Do you have anything Apple-related? lol
    Yeah my work is all apple products and I get to use my work laptop at home so all my stuff at home is apple now too. My wife's laptop is also an apple because it is an old one my work retired.

I am just happy I am going to use this thing to back up my wifes computer automatically because she isn't good about backing up her stuff regularly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Niya Kouya
    FFXIV Server
    Odin

See, your guest just helped you prevent a huge "I told you to back up your stuff..." fail that may have happened in the future ^^

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    See, your guest just helped you prevent a huge "I told you to back up your stuff..." fail that may have happened in the future ^^
    Haha yeah. I am going to set up my wife's machine on an automatic backup schedule to just take an image of it. She already lost a ton of photos when the HD on her last laptop failed randomly amid my chorus of backup your stuff.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I got an email from one of our developers yesterday:
    Do you know what is this IP Adresse ?
    Attached is a photo with a stack trace: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:922.

That this is one of our "developers" is one of the reasons I'm looking for a new job.

Wow... i think this is why we force our developers to run their own servers. We don't help them at all. They tell me they need a VM, i build it, and after that it is all on them. If someone sent me that, i would reply with a pink slip.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just had to swap two mobo into the same server. 1st one I put in cause it wouldn't post, which in turn couldn't get on the network. Took the second one to be able to see the network.

There goes 3 hours of my life I can't get back.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I'm fucking mad because I forgot a command and and I can't for the life of me remember it.

There's a old GPO that we deleted months ago and for some reasons some servers still tries to load it.

I know there's a CLI command on the server that I can run to see which GPO he wanna load and I can delete the "GPO cache" so that he doesn't try to load it anymore.

But fuck I can't remember it

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I'm fucking mad because I forgot a command and and I can't for the life of me remember it.

There's a old GPO that we deleted months ago and for some reasons some servers still tries to load it.

I know there's a CLI command on the server that I can run to see which GPO he wanna load and I can delete the "GPO cache" so that he doesn't try to load it anymore.

But fuck I can't remember it
    gpresult /r in an elevated shell (non-elevated will only show you user policies and will hide the computer policies).

gpupdate /force to reload from a DC (again, in an elevated shell).

BG Level

That's not the command

I cannot use gpupdate /force because it keeps failing (server tries to load a GPO that doesn't exist anymore)

There was a command where you could 'tell the PC or server Ignore that GPO or delete that GPO from your memory it doesn't exist'

and then you could use the gpresult /force

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    That's not the command

I cannot use gpupdate /force because it keeps failing (server tries to load a GPO that doesn't exist anymore)
    "gpupdate /force" tells the client to reload the policy list from the server. It doesn't just refresh the policies the client already has. What you're suggesting would make it possible for the client to violate its management controls, and that's insecure design.

You could always domain unjoin/domain rejoin it, and that will *definitely* remove the policy list.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cutriss View Post
    "gpupdate /force" tells the client to reload the policy list from the server. It doesn't just refresh the policies the client already has. What you're suggesting would make it possible for the client to violate its management controls, and that's insecure design.

You could always domain unjoin/domain rejoin it, and that will *definitely* remove the policy list.
    It does not, we removed it last week, and as soon as i did gpupdate /force it tried to load the policy that doesn't exist

time to do more search tomorrow I really need to find that command

BG Level

fixed my issue, found the GPO in the regedit, deleted it then could do gpupdate /force

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Worked to clean up a lady's old 10yr old HP that she'd upgraded to win7 at some point. After much irritation and manual removal of bullshit version of AOL, I got it back to a "barely tolerable" condition. She called today complaining that her printer stopped working.

She had upgraded it to windows 10.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Just diagnosed an issue a user was having running some an application via Citrix. One program worked, the other didn't, a command prompt window would load and then immediately disappear and the application never started.

Turned out the reason was because the security for launching that application was based on Domain Users, and some idiot years ago thought it would be a good idea to replace the Primary Group for some of the users from Domain Users to some other group he created, and then to remove Domain Users entirely. Bear in mind, we don't use UNIX or Macs here so POSIX compatibility for AD Directory Services is worthless to us. This was just someone thinking "Oh hey, that looks like a good idea" without actually comprehending what he was doing.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm ready to punt kittens at this point here. Our agency replaced 6 copiers that were on expired leases. 1 of them was for our HR department at another address, that gets tech support from a different agency due to location. Well for some reason 2 copiers were shipped to that location. They installed one, left the other and we've been trying to get it picked up and out of there for the last two weeks. Now Konica is saying the ID for the one that is just sitting there is the one that was supposed to go there, and that the one that was installed is the duplicate.

Sounds like Konica's problem to me....In this case, you are the customer, remember that. Don't let vendors take advantage of you, IT puts up with enough shit.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, i kind of laid the law down with them saying they need to fix it, here's 2 different ways it can be fixed, but since you guys screwed up, we are not paying any pickup costs on it.

BG Level

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I just have to say chrome and firefox cold dropping support for NPAPI plugins really sucks. I am tired of informing my endusers that they have to use 3 different browsers depending on what website they are visiting. We have business sites that only support chrome, our time reporting website only supports firefox, and damn near everything else now only works on safari because the other two won't run npapi plugins.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag