FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well they're certainly diversifying all over the mobile market.

Fuck it. I can't stem the tide of mobile roaches spreading across the land like a plague alone. Its making SE bank, so whatever. Enjoy, Japan.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

oh man the feels from the music

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Needs to stop reading this thread until i see a "NA Release" change in the title ._.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post

battle music.
    XI shits on XIV

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

To be fair there are decent tracks in XIV but yeah XI's music is leagues ahead of XIV.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So it's out, and you can grab the Japanese version off QooApp.

You start up able to choose a job from WAR MNK THF WHM BLM (as far as I can tell). Combat is reminiscent of standard FF, waiting to be able to attack etc.
    The beginning starts around Ronfaure/San d'Oria, being guided by Curilla (I think).

I can't read Japanese, but it's fun in a simple way. You can start fights with enemies, and other people can join mid fight, which is pretty neat.

Anyone else given it a try?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

What's the business model of this game?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

At a glance from my japanese mobile It seems the standard type of transactions (gems for stuff though I can't play atm) but I'll try looking into it more the weekend. I can't find it on that program for my main mobile so can't really look into it now haha, it shows a lot of games but none of SE"s games.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

played for a little bit. it isn't as polished as i'd have expected.. but does seem pretty fun due to the interactivity.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is this JP version only atm?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

yup

i tried it using bluestacks and qooapp

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    yup

i tried it using bluestacks and qooapp
    Which of those works better? I never played JP games on mobile, any links?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seems pretty cool... western release please SE?
    I don't really have any faith in mobile FFXI but this can be decent.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Which of those works better? I never played JP games on mobile, any links?
    gotta use both.
    i followed the guide that was posted here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/commen...ters_has_been/

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just created a Japanese Itunes account, ported it to my phone, logged in from it, and downloaded the game... same as I did FFRK. It was annoying but doable, there was a guide posted in the FFRK thread but I've lost it.

Keep in mind I don't know a lick of Japanese, but here's a quick run down of the game. I'm in Ordelle's Caves at this point, which is the fourth "Explorable area" of the game, first three being Ronfaure, KRT, La'Theine, and then Ordelles. Unless you get people helping you, around La'Theine you'll need to start "grinding"(ish) enemies to level up your job, like in old XI but not as slow, to catch up to the level of the enemies you fight... but even 1-2 people jumping it makes it much easier.

Navigating the menus wasn't too difficult at first but there is some learning to be had on which menu button does what... but its not rocket science if you've played something like FF:RK it follows a bit of the same trends. as it copies a lot of basics from Record Keeper like upgrading Weapons/Armor by using other Weapons/armor/unique upgrade mats. Again, i know no japanese so I don't know what any of the Buffs on armor and stuff do... but each has an element on it as well as a passive buff of some sort (some seem to be STR Up or attack power up but a lot of them I have no idea), for the elements, I assume it gives more of that elemental resistance than normal... theres a lot of stats, including every piece of armor giving resistance to certain elements... I don't know what most of it does aside from the common sense ones like DEF and elemental resistance.

You can equip 5 weapons at a time, but aside from the one in your hand, the other determine what Weaponskills/JA you have... which I like but its kinda annoying trying to find a dagger with Dancing Edge or Shark bite . Theres also unique WS not in XI... for instance I have a Dagger that is clearly Viper Bite, but others that instead of poisoning, they blind, sleep, paralyze, silence, etc. Debuff bites. Each ability has a level, I.e Level1/2/3 etc... but I haven't found a way to level them up, I assume they level up as you level the weapon up through upgrading, as my main weapons skill is level 3, and it itself is in its 20's, where as the other ones are level 1 and attached to un-upgraded weapons. I also suffer from not knowing what like 90% of the abilities do as the icons don't always paint a clear picture... so that sucks.

Combat is an ATB system and you have TP, each WS/JA costs TP. Again WS are determined by your weapons. People are so much stronger than me, and I have an S rank weapon... You can examine them but I don't usually look at their level, so they're either severely out-leveling me or know something about the game I don't lol... But, as for the enemies, When an enemy is being fought there is a red ring around it and you can join in the battle, if the ring is white, theres already 4 people in battle and you can't join. They also hold events ilke in FF"RK, the one going on now is a Behemoth fight, Its level 50 so I didn't get to play it, but I jumped into the event and its in the BCNM area with BCNM music playing, and there were 3 Behemoths in the circle... again, level 50, so I didn't touch them lol.

You do quests which have you hunt certain enemies in a zone, these reward the "Gems" of the game and gil, some of them also reward equipment and upgrade materials too. It has a relic draw/banner system like FF:RK, each quest usually awards 100 Gems, and 1 pull is 500 Gems, and 10 for 5000. Weapons/Armor are graded from C to S Rank, (C,B,A,S) I don't think theres anything but those 4 levels but I could be wrong... so far I also don't believe you can combine two of the same items to create a higher level version of that item (I.E two Bs upgrade to an A), but again, Can't read japanese. I got lucky and pulled two S ranks on my first two draws >_> didn't realize how lucky I got lol. But yah, You can pull Armor/Weapons from the Banners which seem to always be B~S Rank.

Notorious Monsters can appear, when jumping into a battle sometimes it will be an NM. They're part of quests so you'll be hunting them at one point. I know of Warchief Vatgit, La'theine's ram... and the Ghost in KRT... but theres also Hound NM in KRT... these NMs all have unique drops as well, usually B items but I'm just in low level zones so I'm sure they're A/S in further zones.

Theres a lot I don't know about... I see there seems to be elemental gems (Sapphire, Ruby, etc) in 5 stages you can use to upgrade your weapons in some way... but I don't own any, haven't found any, and don't know if one of the menus lets you create them or what, so I'm lost in that department. Its a fun game, I enjoy it, and it has the nostalgia feels to it... games music is ported well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content