Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'm kind of concerned about the online play, because it sounds like you cannot even form a party of 4. If I read it right, you can group up but you just go into the 8 man lobby together and then teams are randomized. Will have to see.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They did mention in the direct that there would be a way for a group of four to be matched against other groups of four (maybe not right at launch?), but yeah the normal mode was definitely randomized teams.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    They did mention in the direct that there would be a way for a group of four to be matched against other groups of four (maybe not right at launch?), but yeah the normal mode was definitely randomized teams.
    I just rewatched the Direct, it will be available in August...

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, say what you will about the game... but since Saturday all I've wanted to do is play more Splatoon...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think the game is pretty fun, but wasn't a fan of using the gamepad for it. Even with motion controls off it felt weird.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Round 2: okgo!

Download the #Splatoon Global Testfire software in the #WiiU #eShop to play some multiplayer Turf War action on 5/23 from 3-4 p.m. PT!
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...07110505844737

Only one hour though

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

And on Memorial Day weekend when I'll be at the lake...

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

In other news, game releases tomorrow. I'll be out of town until Sunday afternoon but will be streaming on Sunday Night and Monday.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'll probably jump on this aswell.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Walked into target 20min after openning, nab the game no problem. Walk to electronics register and see a merch cart with amiibos on it. I see charizard, Pac man, and squid boy. Walk to the other side and see 1 three pack, grab it and guard it with my life as cashier slowly walks to register...haha.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Ok, this game needs some work...

Having only two maps available every few hours is ludicrous, why did they even think this was a good idea? Spawn camping is a problem if you can master these controls. Speaking of which, why would have two different sensitivities for the axis on the right stick when you can only customize one of them? It takes a special kind of lazy developer to do that =/. Most of the problems I have with this game can be patched away, but idk if they'll bother. Hopefully people speak up about this and it gets noticed.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

two maps every few hours? that seems rather shortsighted and limited, and the customization on sensitivities is like that? that's weird. :<

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah, weird is an understatement. If you look earlier in the thread I've made comments about the controls for the game, but it wasn't until yesterday that I finally realized what the problems actually were. As for the maps, I wasn't paying attention the first time the rotation changed; so I narrowed it down to either every 1, 2, or 4 hours lol. Like I said, all this can be fixed with a patch, but idk if it's even being discussed at Nintendo.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This game makes me so motion sick but its still fun.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's the x axis movement I swear! I've never had to deal with two axis on a joystick moving at different speeds on any fps or third person, it's so freaking weird. It's not throw your controller in rage inducing, but one second you're handling it and then the next you're flailing wildly cause some one popped up next to you and you can't pin point the reticke where you need it.

Annoying to say the least.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

they are adding more maps and modes and weapons in the coming months for free.

its pretty retarded you can only play 2 maps every 4 hours. and will be even worse when they add those new maps, people will hardly see them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wait so the game consists of 2 maps that rotate to a different 2 maps every few real life hours? That's all there is to the game? Guess I'll hold off on picking it up until there is more content

at the moment yes. Game does have 5 maps right now, but it randomizes every 4 hours and you can only play 2 of them during the 4 hours. I am getting my copy of the game tomorrow so i'm not sure what else multiplayer has to it.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Game needs some kind of King of the Hill, Capture Point and Capture the flag" modes to extend the longevity. The game looks very, very fun, though, even if the games I've watched mostly feature people doing their own thing instead of grouping up into organize death squads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast