+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Splatoon (Wii U)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i thought it did? splat zone? you need to capture zones of the map?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    at the moment yes. Game does have 5 maps right now, but it randomizes every 4 hours and you can only play 2 of them during the 4 hours. I am getting my copy of the game tomorrow so i'm not sure what else multiplayer has to it.

seems really shitty for a full price game

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They're going to slowly bleed content into the game. Ranked matches are still locked and they said they were going to open it when enough people reached level 10. There is something of a king of the hill mode in ranked so there's that. At the moment yea it's only 2 maps at a time and they randomize every couple of hours to another 2. I don't entirely agree with this because the same 2 maps repeatedly does get a bit stale.

Another problem I have is the state of weapons. Most ppl will tell you the roller is OP, which is BS, but the Charger is absolutely useless. Even as a 1-shot kill weapon you can kill a lot faster with a .52 or a splattershot. Plus shooting those doesn't slow your movement down nowhere near as bad as a charger. Oh, and the charger covers very little area in terms of ink, so it fails in that department too. Think Nintendo is gonna have to re-evaluate that weapon in terms of how long it takes to charge and how much coverage it can do. It's damage is fine, but man it's slow and has not as much range as I would have hoped.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    seems really shitty for a full price game
    For the features this game has, it's a shitty full price game. I have to call Nintendo out on this one; they release three amiibos on day 1 which are nothing but day 1 DLC with a figurine for swag, a shitty map rotation system, only ONE game mode where you repeat the same two maps ad nauseam, and I wont repeat myself on the terrible control settings that shipped with the game and have yet to be fixed.

If you haven't picked up the game already, don't. The promise of more game modes and maps in the future is bull, this half finished game should have shipped with it all on disc and ready to go. Even for 40 bucks this game is a rip off. If you played the beta and wondered what else the full version would bring then the answer is nothing except gear and a broken matchmaking system that doesn't account for the gear, or levels for that matter.

i think the charger would be better if it shot a ball that caused a splashed when it hit, instead of the ink trail it does now. i enjoyed the splatter shots and roller during the testfires.

The amiibos unlocks quite a lot, 20 challenges each for a total of 60 once you beat single player. Single player is suppose to be about 10 hours long once you get all the collectables so the extra 60 challenges should extend it by a good amount. I agree though 60 for day 1 DLC crap + the shitty map rotation they have forced in place. should have been a 40$ title, apparently it was a lot cheaper in EU i think and AU.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arioch View Post
    The amiibos unlocks quite a lot, 20 challenges each for a total of 60 once you beat single player. Single player is suppose to be about 10 hours long once you get all the collectables so the extra 60 challenges should extend it by a good amount. I agree though 60 for day 1 DLC crap + the shitty map rotation they have forced in place. should have been a 40$ title, apparently it was a lot cheaper in EU i think and AU.
    They might do open stuff but it's a 15$ more with taxes

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Don't misunderstand, the Amiibos are great value, but it doesn't change the fact that its day one DLC in a game that is already missing a ton of content to make it worth the price they want. Quite frankly I don't care about the free maps and game modes that come out weeks or months after the fact, it doesn't change that they baited and switched. How many people would have bought this game at launch of they knew there was only one game mode with a two map rotation every 4 hours?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Day One DLC means nothing if its just cosmetic crap, which is mostly what they are

But damn I'm with Lvl 1 build and just dominating battles right now

its not all cosmetic. Each Amiibo gives an entire outfit once you complete all 20 of its challenges i think, thats a lot of content i think though, 60 single player challenges.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I've seen one person with said gear, but it only had 3 perks on it compared to the 4 I've seen on other gear obtained from the shop. I don't know why you mention how much content day 1 dlc has when there is no legitimate reason these extra missions couldn't be included in a game that is glaringly low on content as is.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll take day-1 DLC that doesn't involve hunting an underproduced $35 pack of plastic figs with NFC chips installed on them just to access more ingame content for what little there is already. It's bad enough the game costs fucking $70 in Canada with the lack of maps at launch, but I got it as a gift.

[EDIT] And game really does need proper friend lobbies. Did twenty-some matches with a friend, only got put on the same team three times.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Got to level 12 over the weekend, if anyone is further than that, does anyone know if the Kraken special weapon is available with anything other than the Krak-On Splat Roller?

Edit: Nvm, finally found something online with a list; seems there's a charge shot slow-ish firing long range splattershot weapon at lv15 that has it.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ranked battles starts at 10pm eastern tonight

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Ranked battles starts at 10pm eastern tonight
    The moment of truth. Let's see what they offer with ranked battles, I'm hoping it's more then just turf war with bragging rights.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    The moment of truth. Let's see what they offer with ranked battles, I'm hoping it's more then just turf war with bragging rights.
    Seriously though, the game won't get competitive until like August when they offer pre-formed parties :/

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm pretty sure we already know exactly what we're getting. They've already shown that it's going to be a capture the flag area game. The 'ranked' part is just going to try to match you with people who share your similar level of skill. I guess there could be more to it, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

i got my copy today. it was fun for 2 hours ._. . I like the game but its overwhelmingly repetitive. i wish it was more like plants Vs Zombies: Inklings vs Octolings and Octolings have different weapons in online. i know more games modes are coming but i'm not sure how interesting it can get. I compare it to Plants Vs zombies because they are both cartoony and i love PvZ and how its a different map and mode every round and alternating teams.

Enjoying the single player campaign a lot along with the amiibo challenges, the Kraken/time/ink challenges are especially irritating but like them.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've seen one person with said gear, but it only had 3 perks on it compared to the 4 I've seen on other gear obtained from the shop. I don't know why you mention how much content day 1 dlc has when there is no legitimate reason these extra missions couldn't be included in a game that is glaringly low on content as is.
    The amiibo missions are the exact same missions as the single player missions. They just offer cosmetic gear as rewards. Even the weapon rewards are just reskins.

There is no new content here.