+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The X-Files Revival - It's official! 6 New episodes ordered

So I absolutely loved this show back in the 90s and I'm still a huge fangirl at heart whenever I watch it or hear someone talking about it. I knew talks for a revival were in the works, but the news is official now:

http://tvline.com/2015/03/24/x-files...-episodes-fox/
    The truth is out there right here: The X-Files is indeed returning to Fox, with original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their respective roles as Fox Mulder and Dana Scully.
    Excuse me.

Wesley Crusher 4 Lyfe!
    Skywalker's Severed Hand

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Psychodwarf Ironflute
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Minneapolis Comic Con just got a whole lot more fun for Scully.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    So I absolutely loved this show back in the 90s and I'm still a huge fangirl at heart whenever I watch it or hear someone talking about it. I knew talks for a revival were in the works, but the news is official now:

http://tvline.com/2015/03/24/x-files...-episodes-fox/

Excuse me.
    http://www.panicposters.com/media/ca...-i-want-to.jpg

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I actually have that poster, hung it in my cubicle while I was still working, and it will be hung up in my classroom when I start teaching. #fangirl

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's been frustrating that the two movies were so boring and they never got to the actual alien invasion or whatever that was supposed to take place in 2013(?iirc). They could still do a lot of things with the story and the state of modern scripted drama actually makes me optimistic it might not suck. I wonder what they will do with their baby that could now be like 13 years old.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only if Mulder = Moody

...and Skully = Dr. Bedelia du Maurier

http://24.media.tumblr.com/c64977b0c...qbgeo1_500.gif

^_________________^

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe I'll finally get my remastered bluray box set? >__> Even though towards the end of the series it got a bit crappy, so many good characters are dead. Still excited for this tho.

I loved this show so much in the 90s so I'm super excited for this especially since both actors are returning. I was afraid they gonna recast and reboot

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now we just need a Millennium revival.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    It's been frustrating that the two movies were so boring and they never got to the actual alien invasion or whatever that was supposed to take place in 2013(?iirc). They could still do a lot of things with the story and the state of modern scripted drama actually makes me optimistic it might not suck. I wonder what they will do with their baby that could now be like 13 years old.
    This. This is what the mini series needs right here. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed episodes outside of "the conspiracy", but they really will win with giving us closure on the invasion and their son.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

The 2008 movie was awful.

Yeah I always wanted the movie to have aliens involved. The last movie was just like a flavor of the week generic episode made into 2 hours. If you gonna make a movie focus on the main characters...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

This was my exact reaction when I heard the news:

I don't understand why people disliked Fight The Future. Yeah, it wasn't Academy Award level. I thought it was great as far as films based off T.V. series still in production go. I Want To Believe was, eh.

Chris Carter is back too. Would be amazing if Vince Gilligan would pen at least one episode.

I don't want Hank Moody. I don't want Dr. Bedelia du Maurier. I want Fox Mulder. I want Dana Scully. I want Mitch Pileggi/Skinner to be Skinner. The only two things I am curious about now is 1. How to bring back The Lone Gunmen since they were alive in the not really canon but canon Season 10 comic series and 2. What to do with Robert Patrick/John Doggett and Annabeth Gish/Monica Reyes.

Since the comic series is technically Chris Carter sanctioned, I wonder if they'll call this season 11. From the two most recently released prints of the comic series:

Spoiler: show
    G-23 Part 1+2: A government plot leads Mulder to ponder his early days as a cadet at Quantico, including his relationship with Diana Fowley and the fateful day that he found the iconic "I Want to Believe" poster. But the intrigue goes even further back in time, to when Bill Mulder was partnered with the Cigarette Smoking Man.

Elders Part 1: For as long as humanity has known of the alien plot to re-colonize the Earth, there have been men who would conspire to consolidate that knowledge, and the power that came with it, for themselves. But the "Syndicate" that long bedeviled Agents Mulder and Scully are no more, consumed and destroyed by those very secrets they kept... or are they? What new secrets will they fight and kill for? And what will become of the X-Files once those secrets are laid bare? The end begins here!

If Carter is using this as a framework, they could easily make 6 episodes out of it. More William B. Davis too please!

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fight the Future was good. I'm talking about I Want To Believe, which was terrible.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    OMG that Millennium episode where Muldrake and Lesky finally kiss, memories....

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssss

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    ftfy

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    Fight the Future was good. I'm talking about I Want To Believe, which was terrible.
    Eh it was mediocre, just kind of bland. Like I kind of see it as the first movie focused on values that were important to Mulder and the 2nd movie was about Scully's conflict of being a religious scientist. Which is fine I guess, but it's not really worth a whole movie. It kind of felt like it wanted to be Silence of the Lambs but didn't approach that level at all.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    i'd watch the fuck out of this.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

my fav episode was with teh cockroaches and the scientist named bambi and scully getting all jealous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast