• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Removing all GPO for Terminal connections

Ok i'll try to explain this the best I can

Users accessing a server remotly by RDP, when they open their session on that server (which is Win2008R2) it hangs at preparing desktop for about 20seconds.

So i'm expecting GPO has somethign to do with it

Users are on their own OU and the server they connect by RDP is in a separate one.

For the users they have alot of Users GPO (like folder redictrection and all.

So my question is, is there a GPO settings i can set, that will make my users ignore ALL GPO that are set to them, but ONLY when the yconnect to the specific server on RDP

Thanks

You can exclude a certain machine/machines from receiving GPOs.

http://www.grouppolicy.biz/2010/05/h...policy-object/

Or you can move the machines to their own GPO and block inheritance and just link which GPOs you want them to have.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There's a lot of specific GPO diagnostics stuff you can get in Event Viewer, as well as RSOP.msc.

For Event Viewer, open the Applications and Services Logs folder, Microsoft, Windows, GroupPolicy, Operational. In there you'll find timestamps detailing the connections made, how things were evaluated, when specific policies got applied, etc. That should help you do a lot of the research to find out if something specific is causing the hangup.

Any updates?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sorry didn't had time to try had some emergencies during the week, will try next week and update you guys