BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagary Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Maybe it's just me, but seemed like brimboil was losing ~8% hp every time it split off some babies, just cleared with JP group and we basically just killed babies over and over until the main nm was lowish hp and finished it off then the rest of the babies to clear the wave. Had a PLD party with 2 PLDs, one to super tank while other peeled off adds to feed to nuke-ga. Worked well until main boil died, then the adds just scattered but arent that high in HP so easy to kill off if you have enough elemental damage/accuracy. Pretty annoying if you have bad luck with the tower things, i think we didnt get NM pops until the very last ones both times, barely finished in time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wonder if there's a final Hades boss which would drop the Hades Claw and Tartarus Mail I presume(claw probably upgrades the bodies). Would be lame if it only drops one like Delve, but no plasm or currency to buy it, way to bottleneck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

At least the eminence objective will give you 1 upgrade item for free when you clear it. A new objective popped up after clearing the 3 first ones.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lyra, you still play? Oh Foodmonsters...

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Nynja said a few posts above that there's no scaling
    I just quoted Eijin when he said it doesnt scale. However, there is no mention of any scaling in the patch notes either.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggnix View Post
    Hate was weird like people have said. Using coro I never pulled hate until I popped Barrage/sharpshot. Thing is I pulled hate for using the JAs, before even shooting. Could be any JA heavy job will find themselves tanking. I'd be curious to see a pld/dnc try and exploit this to see if it works.
    I dont think its "any" JA, but more so JA's that are self targeted buffs. pld/dnc spamming steps wouldnt do anything I think.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

All a part of the master plan to attack us where it hurts, bolster, blaze of glory, phantom roll, nightingale, and troubador. I watched a corsair get ravaged last night putting up rolls mid pull.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I just quoted Eijin when he said it doesnt scale. However, there is no mention of any scaling in the patch notes either.

I dont think its "any" JA, but more so JA's that are self targeted buffs. pld/dnc spamming steps wouldnt do anything I think.
    since my previous post i've been thinking the same thing, self target JAs might be producing massive emnity in there for some reason (since provoke doesn't seem to be giving the tanks much of an advantage). pld/mnk boost ftw?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

So as far as Brimboil it seems like the adds he spawns come out based on his HP. Every 5 or 10% he spawns 2-3 adds maybe? We tried to burn him super quick and dropped to him to 60% in first 30seconds of the fight and he spawned about 10 adds.

Best scenario is definitely to have 2 tanks. One on adds other on boss and BLMs SINGLE target adds down then get back on boss. Rinse and repeat.

Also, THF/BLM is amazing for TH tagging (and tagging makes a huge difference)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    So as far as Brimboil it seems like the adds he spawns come out based on his HP. Every 5 or 10% he spawns 2-3 adds maybe? We tried to burn him super quick and dropped to him to 60% in first 30seconds of the fight and he spawned about 10 adds.

Best scenario is definitely to have 2 tanks. One on adds other on boss and BLMs SINGLE target adds down then get back on boss. Rinse and repeat.

It is not % based. It will spawn adds every cytokineisis.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fival View Post
    All a part of the master plan to attack us where it hurts, bolster, blaze of glory, phantom roll, nightingale, and troubador. I watched a corsair get ravaged last night putting up rolls mid pull.
    To be fair that was already happening in incursion, but yes it was way worse last night.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I wonder if there's a final Hades boss which would drop the Hades Claw and Tartarus Mail I presume(claw probably upgrades the bodies). Would be lame if it only drops one like Delve, but no plasm or currency to buy it, way to bottleneck.
    Looking at POLUtils, the only things unaccounted for (AFAIK) are Perfidien and Plouton, who appear right between the known zone mobs (ending with the Disdained Ones and their pets) and NPCs (starting with Skirmish coffers).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    Looking at POLUtils, the only things unaccounted for (AFAIK) are Perfidien and Plouton, who appear right between the known zone mobs (ending with the Disdained Ones and their pets) and NPCs (starting with Skirmish coffers).
    Perfidien pops in your RoE after you complete the first 3 RoE.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Spoiler: show

lol PUP gear.

I also got KI "Fabricated pearl of impurity" any reports on what this is for?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Altnob View Post
    or /whm. It pretty much is a must when doing the slime/acuex zone. BLM and BLU are wrecking those mobs so fast that a THF wouldn't be able to melee/ranged tag them in time.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by shaggnix View Post
    since my previous post i've been thinking the same thing, self target JAs might be producing massive emnity in there for some reason (since provoke doesn't seem to be giving the tanks much of an advantage). pld/mnk boost ftw?
    well pld/brd gets pianissimo, and its on a 5 second timer instead of boosts 15.

its so crazy it just might work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Perfidien pops in your RoE after you complete the first 3 RoE.
    So maybe
    Perfidien = legs
    Plouton = body

One is probably this guy and drops Hades' Claw + Dark Matter; the other drops Tartarian Chain + Tartarian Soul.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone know if the KI is what allows you to upgrade to 119 or just the title/defeating the boss.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Alright,

First I would like to revert my statement about the scaling and now tend to lean towards "doesnt scale at all".

So far couldnt find a pattern for the pillar chamber. However each type of enemy seems to have a double damage weakness to make it very easy to AoE clear them:

Ravaging Acuex - Fire
    Unabted Mush - Ice
    Jaundiced Slime - Wind
    Gangrenous Leeches - Thunder
    Draery Obdella - Water

The 130 chambers so far are the same as the 128 chambers and do NOT unlock body or legs. Need to go deeper I guess.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Hito View Post
    Does anyone know if the KI is what allows you to upgrade to 119 or just the title/defeating the boss.
    I'd say the title allows access to 119 because once you clear all 3 and get CS in Leafila you lose the KIs. We just cleared all 3 bosses and unlocked head, hands, and feet. Also clearing all 3 allows access to final 2 bosses for legs and body. I'll post some drops when I get home too.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Univarsity View Post
    I'd say the title allows access to 119 because once you clear all 3 and get CS in Leafila you lose the KIs. We just cleared all 3 bosses and unlocked head, hands, and feet. Also clearing all 3 allows access to final 2 bosses for legs and body. I'll post some drops when I get home too.
    Thank you for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast