Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: Vagary Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    It uses up the key item item, but killing Perf or Plou gives the KI to pop the other one.
    Err wait... that's not how it works or is it? Chair guy gives you Perf KI after Plouton?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You need the Prototype pearl of ashen wings to pop Perfidien. After killing Perfidien, you get the Fabricated pearl of ashen wings. By talking to chair dude, he can turn that into the Prototype pearl of the false king.

You need the Prototype pearl of the false king to pop Plouton. After killing Plouton, you get the Fabricated pearl of the false king. By talking to chair dude, he can turn that into the Prototype pearl of ashen wings.

Proto false king + Proto ashen wings > Plouton + Perfidien kill > Fabri false king + Fabri ashen wings > chair dude > Proto ashen wings + Proto false king

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure it does not work like that. The fabricated pearl of the false king from Plouton can only be turned in for 10k bayld. Before, it served no purpose until they added that option.

Edit:
    To add, 1 Perf gives your entire party/alliance the Fabricated Pearl of Ashen Wings to turn into a Prototype Pearl of the False King to pop Plouton. It's best to exhaust all Plouton KIs before fighting another Perf so that you can fight another full round of Ploutons.

This is correct. Only way to get legs ki is via 3 zone mb ki turn in. There is no endless loop between legs and body.
    Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does not work like that. The fabricated pearl of the false king from Plouton can only be turned in for 10k bayld. Before, it served no purpose until they added that option.

Edit:
    To add, 1 Perf gives your entire party/alliance the Fabricated Pearl of Ashen Wings to turn into a Prototype Pearl of the False King to pop Plouton. It's best to exhaust all Plouton KIs before fighting another Perf so that you can fight another full round of Ploutons.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Every time I see this bumped, I check hoping someone finally figured out how brash's pillars work. Oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Don't know why people are so against the answer being "it's random" in a game made by people who apparently worship some deity of randomness.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Because of so many clearly discovered patterns/ways to kill required/etc, people just expect that to operate in par.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not to mention that if it was truly random, it'd be easier just to have one pillar instead of six.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Don't know why people are so against the answer being "it's random" in a game made by people who apparently worship some deity of randomness.
    Remeber when Heroes first came out, and the grellow !! actually mattered..."the spell elements are random", then it was found to be day before, day of, day after elements?

If it were indeed random, there would just be one pillar that shits out random, as the above poster said.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We used to farm the slime zone with 4 players back when farming memories was a good thing to do. As far as brimboil - mage route is definitely the way to go for lowman. 3 mages spamming t1 or t2 nukes can hit close to the 3k dmg cap each nuke and spam them (while kiting). I've never timed it but I think Brimboil is dead in about 5 min. The secret is getting lucky on those darn pillars, but everything in that zone is super weak to magic - just ga / ja the trash with the appropriate element and sch skillchain magic burst the acuex and boss. We usually bring a thf to pull the trash, 1-2 blm, 2 geo, and a sch. You could do without the thf though and you don't really need the second geo.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    We used to farm the slime zone with 4 players back when farming memories was a good thing to do. As far as brimboil - mage route is definitely the way to go for lowman. 3 mages spamming t1 or t2 nukes can hit close to the 3k dmg cap each nuke and spam them (while kiting). I've never timed it but I think Brimboil is dead in about 5 min. The secret is getting lucky on those darn pillars, but everything in that zone is super weak to magic - just ga / ja the trash with the appropriate element and sch skillchain magic burst the acuex and boss. We usually bring a thf to pull the trash, 1-2 blm, 2 geo, and a sch. You could do without the thf though and you don't really need the second geo.
    Yeah we ended up forcing the square peg into the round hole and getting physical ready unleash spam to work for brimboil, babies spawned nicely and didnt immediately glitch themselves out of AoE range so everything died as intended. Doing the run with 2x BST as the only damage is more than fine for everything than brimboil, that's where it got real annoying real fast.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For groups trying for Tartarus Platemail, here's some info about the behavior of Plouton that will help you get a THF up close without getting them blown to smithereens (and making the NM unceremoniously warp out). Keep in mind I'm still making observations about this so parts may be wrong or incomplete. Unfortunately, I'm bound to learn a lot more about this NM that I'll probably ever want to with how much I'll be seeing it. If you notice anything incorrect, let me know and I'll fix it ASAP.

Similar to Delve bosses, Plouton possesses a latent state, though it does not work the same way that Delve bosses' do and is not accompanied by a visible effect. Above 90% HP, Plouton is weak to physical damage. No specific magic weaknesses will be given at this time, and magic damage will do low damage. During this time, he will only use Impudence (modest eye laser move) which is conal and applies a very short zombie effect (like 2 seconds) and can be resisted fairly easily.

Below 90% HP, Plouton will become weak to the damage of one of the six terrestrial elements. You'll know when this phase starts because his earrings will glow. After finding it, an azure weakness animation (blue proc) will be shown and a message will appear in the chat log announcing to everyone what the weakness is. The blue proc merely accompanies this message. Dealing the damage of the element weak to the element that Plouton is weak to will heal Plouton and cause him to gain an encumbrance aura based on the amount healed (seems to be about the ceiling of the amount of damage divided by ten). It will also force him into the latent state, granting him access to Eternal Misery and Bane of Tartarus (the latter I believe only comes below 50% HP after his wings are illuminated).* Dealing a certain amount of this damage will cause Plouton to level up. Continuing this behavior for too long will make him warp out. When Plouton drops below 50% HP, his wings will illuminate. Crippling Agony (bind and knockback, shoots the segments of his wings) can be used at any time beyond this point, regardless of state. It's probably why you tank him in a corner and not used above 50% HP.

*Unlike the mission fight with Hades, Incessant Void does NOT trigger this latent state and all hate resets that accompanied some of Hades' TP moves have been removed. Incessant Void now merely deals heavy magic damage (probably darkness or non-elemental) and appears to be only used in the latent state. I have to do more observations to see if it really is exclusive to the latent state.

Dealing a certain amount of damage of the element Plouton is weak to will trigger a ruby stagger animation (red proc). This will end the encumbrance aura if you've triggered it and the latent state, preventing him from using Eternal Misery, Incessant Void, and Bane of Tartarus. After a certain amount of time has passed, Plouton will shift weaknesses and the damage elevation from the last announced weakness will begin to decay. Someone can immediately begin searching for the next weakness at this time. When the weakness is completely exhausted, Plouton will get a two-hour animation with the color of the element that is weak to his new weakness. Generally, if you push it this far, he'll usually make his new weakness the dominant element to his old weakness, causing you nuke into his damage absorption if you continue to nuke the same element after the two-hour animation. After the two-hour animation, Plouton will re-enter his latent state, regaining access to Eternal Misery, Incessant Void, and Bane of Tartarus and must be red proc'd again, but will NOT have the encumbrance aura unless he absorbs damage.

Now, I'm sure you are all wondering, "So Seph, when do I put my thief in to proc Treasure Hunter?" Well, the answer is quite simple. As soon as he is proc'd red is the safest time to run in and melee. At that point, as long as your mages aren't morons, he will not have access to any of his latent moves. Of course, if you see a two-hour animation or suddenly see an encumbrance status icon, RUN FAST and bail. Of course, above 90% HP, he can't do anything to you if you melee from behind him, so that's also a good time to proc Treasure Hunter.

Happy platemail farming! I hope to get mine eventually!

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Vagary Campaign is awesome !

Spoiler: show

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Seems legit!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I'm still jealous you got that body so fast... Over 60 tries now and no Promathia body lol

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Vagary Campaign is awesome !

Apparently, you can get Tartarus platemail from this.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Stahntaru View Post
    Just waiting for the screenshots to show up on ffxiah with the caption "1/1!"

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Stahntaru View Post
    You can get the platemail without the campaign, so that's kind of obvious.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

All he wanted was his Sweat to get his nuke gear up to state...

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well he got a sweet lock style body to nuke in!