Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Vagary Findings     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I thought there's always a pillar that spawns full sets of leeches -> slimes -> acuexes and then pops Rancibus. It'll say something about a thousand memories.

Although I think there's also one that pops Rancibus directly?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    I thought there's always a pillar that spawns full sets of leeches -> slimes -> acuexes and then pops Rancibus. It'll say something about a thousand memories.

I was not aware of that. Then again most runs I go on never get to Rancibus.

Shirai

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post

Yes, I've generally witnessed 4 kinds of pillars in that last bit.
    One type that spawns 3/4 waves of a single type of mob, which comes with the standard message. (Like any other phase)
    One that spawns multiple waves of mobs (Usually Slimes -> Leeches -> Acuex), same message as above (I think). (Love this one when doing CP)
    One that Spawns multiple waves as above but with Rancibus spawning in the last wave. (A thousand memories)
    One that spawns a single wave with Rancibus in the middle.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It was mentioned last page by Sechs, but as another confirmation, tonight our LS encountered a serious spike in M.Eva when we popped Plouton. It took a little longer than usual to pop for some reason, though I doubt that's behind it, but we literally went through all of the elementals through thunder to get him to pop. At that point, we started our usual; Languor/Focus, Frazzle (which was unusually resisty today as well), etc. Normally we have no issues during the first 10%, weakening him, but every single one of our nukers was resisting hard most of the time. Occasionally we'd get a few spike ups (and usually on the same element) but then it would plummet right back down. Once we got him to 90% things were as normal, with him taking full damage from weakness etc. It was just strange, and it didn't carry over when we popped Perifidien right after.

So yeah, still no actual proof of what's going on here, but I doubt every single one of our nukers (and it's the same group we always go with) would suddenly resist if there wasn't something going on.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    It was mentioned last page by Sechs, but as another confirmation, tonight our LS encountered a serious spike in M.Eva when we popped Plouton. It took a little longer than usual to pop for some reason, though I doubt that's behind it, but we literally went through all of the elementals through thunder to get him to pop. At that point, we started our usual; Languor/Focus, Frazzle (which was unusually resisty today as well), etc. Normally we have no issues during the first 10%, weakening him, but every single one of our nukers was resisting hard most of the time. Occasionally we'd get a few spike ups (and usually on the same element) but then it would plummet right back down. Once we got him to 90% things were as normal, with him taking full damage from weakness etc. It was just strange, and it didn't carry over when we popped Perifidien right after.

So yeah, still no actual proof of what's going on here, but I doubt every single one of our nukers (and it's the same group we always go with) would suddenly resist if there wasn't something going on.
    I am in the same linkshell as Sechs and run with him, and I have had my nukers mention the resistance to me as well (had a discussion with them today about it as a matter of fact), as well as others (I am normally on whm in main tank party so kinda busy in there to pay too much attention to it). My nukers for the most part are geared well, cap skills, mag acc etc but sometimes still see some type of resistance. Not sure what is causing it either, and like you said we run with the same nukers all the time but resistance been more noticeable lately. Thanks for the post in letting us know you noticing it too.

Campaign
    BG Level

With other people reporting it I'm starting to believe it might not be just a bias of mine.
    I've seen it happen on Plouton (T5) on Perfidien (T4) and I think I've noticed somethin on the Umbril NM as well, when I was trying to land Threnodies.

For me it was easier to notice on T4 because I hardly get resists on it normally, when this Meva thing starts instead (seen it only 2-3 times I think) I had to cast threnody over 30 times for it to stick, and that was cycling Threnodies in the right order.
    As I said, it's easier to notice on T4 than, say, on T5. Because I do get some resists on T5 regardless, but the difference on T4 was pretty noticeable.

Also, threnodies aside, you could see that each SC+MB was taking a smaller chunk of HP. When it's just once you could think it's a coincidence, but when it happens regularly on every SC+MB then you kinda start noticing that something is off.

Supposing all of this is real and not a mass-illusion we're going through, I honestly believe it's just a random and uncontrollable element of the battle that SE created in the attempt to keep things a bit more "different" each time you fight through those zones.
    Sort of like you couldn't control the adherents that spawned with the bosses in Incursion.

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Spoiler: show
    With other people reporting it I'm starting to believe it might not be just a bias of mine.
    I've seen it happen on Plouton (T5) on Perfidien (T4) and I think I've noticed somethin on the Umbril NM as well, when I was trying to land Threnodies.

For me it was easier to notice on T4 because I hardly get resists on it normally, when this Meva thing starts instead (seen it only 2-3 times I think) I had to cast threnody over 30 times for it to stick, and that was cycling Threnodies in the right order.
    As I said, it's easier to notice on T4 than, say, on T5. Because I do get some resists on T5 regardless, but the difference on T4 was pretty noticeable.

Also, threnodies aside, you could see that each SC+MB was taking a smaller chunk of HP. When it's just once you could think it's a coincidence, but when it happens regularly on every SC+MB then you kinda start noticing that something is off.

Supposing all of this is real and not a mass-illusion we're going through, I honestly believe it's just a random and uncontrollable element of the battle that SE created in the attempt to keep things a bit more "different" each time you fight through those zones.
    Sort of like you couldn't control the adherents that spawned with the bosses in Incursion.
    Another option is something that SE have put on the Adoulin page on their site: http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/adoulin/

Specifically:
    The final guardians' full strength is unfathomable, but it is said that defeating a certain creature in the maze will greatly weaken them.
    I thought initially that was mostly to do with the Umbril, but there could be something to it for all the bosses?

Campaign
    BG Level

Not sure about that.
    Considering we mostly did the same exact thing killing the same exact nms/mobs in the same exact order (more or less) I'm more leaning to think about a random thing each time the instanced session gets created for your alliance.

Banned.

BG Level

For all we know it might be the moonphase or the day

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    For all we know it might be the moonphase or the day
    Clearly the mob is a geo and it's direction

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

if you're having trouble with nuke damage during the 100-90% phase I recommend doing a timed meteor with your BLM party. It will drop it below 90%.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's not exactly trouble, if you've read. Sure, it can be a little slower than the rest of the fight but it's never been an issue. In this case, it was a straight-up resistance increase (see: dropping down to two digits of damage suddenly for the entirety of that duration, and no debuffs landing despite neither happening prior).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kensagaku View Post
    It's not exactly trouble, if you've read. Sure, it can be a little slower than the rest of the fight but it's never been an issue. In this case, it was a straight-up resistance increase (see: dropping down to two digits of damage suddenly for the entirety of that duration, and no debuffs landing despite neither happening prior).
    Yeah I agree not exactly trouble. I mean we do not have issues killing it still but it is just something we noticed with resistance like Kensagaku said above.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

edit: wrong thread!

Anyone know why someone with the 3 fabricated KI from the 3 128 bosses wouldn't be able to upgrade to the proto ashen? He has no other KI other than the 3 fabricated and a sigil pearl, tested without the sigil pearl as well and won't give him the upgrade. Could it be mission specific? He is on the last seekers mission.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by DisturbedMidget View Post
    Anyone know why someone with the 3 fabricated KI from the 3 128 bosses wouldn't be able to upgrade to the proto ashen? He has no other KI other than the 3 fabricated and a sigil pearl, tested without the sigil pearl as well and won't give him the upgrade. Could it be mission specific? He is on the last seekers mission.
    I had the same problem then cleared Hades and that it worked.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm guessing if tested without the sigil pearl they have taken a group into vagary? That seems to be a requirement.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

he has to defeat hades in missions if he hasnt yet.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello, I'm looking to add Pluton into a spreadsheet to generate some BLM sets. Currently using the latest spreadsheet I could find which doesn't have many of the higher level monsters being released recently. Does anyone know stats for Pluton?

Spreadsheet looks for:
    Level:
    Defense:
    Evasion:
    AGI:
    VIT:
    INT:
    MND:
    MDB:
    MDT:
    CritDEF:
    CritRate:

I am really clueless as to how I would go about finding this information out myself, and a quick google search didn't provide me any information on the matter.

Does anyone know these stats by chance? Thanks in advance for any help!

(Was going to start a new topic but new and cannot until 10 post. Sorry if this information was already in thread but I did not see when I scanned over it.)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

name is Plouton

and the only way to get stats of monsters atm is to test them by working backwards from the damage formulas, it's pretty unlikely anyone has a full set for him.. go test it yourself if you're that interested