1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -2 hours, -9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 2.55 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Pretty much. You can make a PT with bros or take advantage of the PF like I did -- most of the casuals are scared away from PF so if you set one up or join one, you'll more than likely be partied up with upper mid to top tier players. Either way, it's a fun, but joke fight that's worth of it's i90 minimum.

If the Chrysalis fight taught me anything it's if you wanna do the MSQ trial via DF, do it in the first day or two of release.

The longer you wait the more likely you're gonna get stuck with nothing but super casuals who barely play (and thus generally suck).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Poetics capped or not only makes a difference of 1 week from scratch to a 130 weapon no? Tomestone first weekly, Carbontwine second weekly, poetics 3rd.
    Yeah, but you're also burning limited poetics that you could otherwise be using on gear. This basically means that come 3.0, most will have a surplus on carbon because they couldn't farm poetics fast enough to use the upgrades.

Basically, in the next three months (13 weeks), you can get 2 upgraded weapons with 9 carbon and 3250 poetics left over (enough for full upgraded left side on 1 job with 4 carbon left that you can't use).

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    You can make a PT with bros
    http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...gvzbnemcom.jpg

Couldn't resist.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Yeah, but you're also burning limited poetics that you could otherwise be using on gear. This basically means that come 3.0, most will have a surplus on carbon because they couldn't farm poetics fast enough to use the upgrades.

Basically, in the next three months (13 weeks), you can get 2 upgraded weapons with 9 carbon and 3250 poetics left over (enough for full upgraded left side on 1 job with 4 carbon remaining).
    Like I said, SE can't have you gearing too many jobs. Why? Fuck knows. It's a question I have been asking SE since it became obvious in 2.0 that at best you're gearing 2, maybe 3 jobs before the gear is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    My full intention was to i130 all my classes only to be replaced by a white piece of armor
    Me too lol.

Tbh, I am pretty tired of all these limits on the freedom of what I can do in this game

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Tbh, I am pretty tired of all these limits on the freedom of what I can do in this game
    "Only Tanaka would limit our freedom. He doesn't know game design, he hates balance and he hates his players."

"Only Matsui would make us grind like hell."

"YoshiP would never do any of this."

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

1/2-3 ish on the trial fight. After getting their feet wet in the second group I joined after the first one said lolnope they listened and picked up instructions fast. Was so glad I had people willing to listen and not complain, very fun but very long.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    +1 XD Epic

---

Just have to say this. Dat JP Yuyuhase VA doe. Dat VA doe. Probably best male VA so far.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Maybe if you don't take advantage of everything currently available, you won't be able to fully gear all jobs. But FCoB is unlocked thus with some effort, you can finish every job easily.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    "Only Tanaka would limit our freedom. He doesn't know game design, he hates balance and he hates his players."

"Only Matsui would make us grind like hell."

"YoshiP would never do any of this."
    Good thing I never claimed YoshiP was a savior or some shit then :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Maybe if you don't take advantage of everything currently available, you won't be able to fully gear all jobs. But FCoB is unlocked thus with some effort, you can finish every job easily.
    *Looks at the people who still want some stuff from T9 or lower* Yup "easy"...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Good thing I never claimed YoshiP was a savior or some shit then :D

*Looks at the people who still want some stuff from T9 or lower* Yup "easy"...
    Yeah it just reminded me of allll the people who said YoshiP would never do ...anything that he's been doing and more. I still wish poetics were uncapped, it regulates the magitek weapon acquisition for those who aren't me and stored 4 sets worth..but yeah.

Pretty much a large source of my burn out with MMOs in general. Players telling the players how to play is bad enough.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Instead of having a hard cap on poetics, they could just have a system where you get 100% of the poetics reward for the first dungeon, then 90% of the reward for the next, then 80% of the next, etc. The reward rationing would reset daily, but would apply to each individual job, meaning that you could gear up as many jobs as you want, but you couldn't blow through any one job in a flash.

OH WAIT THAT SYSTEM IS THE DEVIL

Let's instead have this much more superior version where all poetics gear for all jobs are under the same single hard cap every week. Yoshi, you genius!

Or just not complicate the process. If diminishing returns can be factored to the equivalent of like 3-5 runs a day, just make the normal rate correspond to that average 100% of the time. If the resulting fear is the hardcores burn through everything too early, that's when you start getting creative with vanity stuff. And if they're still pissed after that? Too bad, go watch Netflix or something.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

They weigh it against people griping while still paying vs. people leaving and not paying. Apparently if people gear up everything too quickly, they outright leave from a lack of things to do vs. hard caps giving out a lot of gripes and gnashing of teeth, but more sub retention than the former. I can't fault them for that if they have actual hard data to back up their design policies, although I'm in agreement with everyone else that some kind of soft middleground may reduce (some, because people will always bitch about anything/everything) grumbling while not tanking subs.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You effectively cannot have just one rate for both the filthy casuals and the no-lifers without also having a cap, unless a) you are happy with your hardcores burning through all content in the first 2 weeks or 2) you plan to generate enough content for each patch to keep the no-lifers busy for six full months... 90% of which will go untouched by 90% of your playerbase.

Another solution that would let you "get rid of the cap" would be to drastically reduce the amount of poetics awarded per dungeon (to say, 5 per) and then boost the daily rewards to 70. Hey, if the hardcores want to run AK Hard 80 times in the first day for a new set of gloves, let them.

Ultimately, it boils down to this: in a casual-friendly modern MMO, hardcores are not permitted to sprint out ahead of casual players like in eras past. Simply removing caps is contrary to that system.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Oh so it's just typical DF quality issues like with Odin.
    quality and DF in one setence dont mesh well

Well, let me put it this way... I don't care if hardcores burn out and quit. They may believe themselves a crucial minority (often claiming to be majority) in any MMO, but there's a good possibility that for every one of them lost to a more reasonable grind, the devs gain that much back in casuals and midcores who quit because they realize they can't do whatever. Frankly, I feel way too many resources go into dungeons soon forgotten or zipped through ASAP when such could be going into crafting a more robust open world to promote that "community" feeling some are quick to claim XIV lacks. I don't think such lacks in so much that MMOing successfully at the higher levels requires finding a good group of people and sticking with them for as long as possible to the point you're practically a hermit to everyone else and losing touch with the community outside of global/shout spam. DF cuts the social bullshit a bit as mediator for mutual back-scratching, but even if it weren't present, people would still have hard(er) time(s) getting things done like in XI... and thus quitting in frustration when it happens too often.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Be jealous.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Can I be jealous of your lack of FXAA and increase sharpness or w/e the setting is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast