1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

But if you remove the caps you not into the issue of whats best in slot. If I threw the secondaries of the AIW SMN book into Det that would immediately outclass the Dreadwyrm book in terms of power. Melee worry about Crit, Det, Skill Speed, and Accuracy. Mages worry about Pie, Crit, Det, Spell Speed and Accuracy but right now all we do is make sure we have enough piety for the encounter, enough accuracy for 100% accuracy rate, and then stack on the crit/det for extra damage because fuck everything else.

Parry is such a useless stat that I cringe every time I see a tank with it. Parry shouldn't be fucking useless, but here we are and it is.

Honestly, here's what I wish for.

Abolish Accuracy. Its a fucking useless stat that only exists to gate what gear you have and to recheck your gear constantly. It serves no purpose anywhere but in Coils and certain Extreme Primals.

Get rid of the unique tag on rings or always introduce a capped ilv ring outside of the (Hard) raid and capped tomestones.

Edit: Increase incentivation for helping clears on the hard raid beyond the 100 solderity if they clear.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well secondaries are now in large enough quantities that ilvl is not as important. (ex i120 ring with Det can be better then a i130 ring with skillspeed)

By removing the hard caps they can go horizontal and make more content relevant. Right now dungeons come out with useless gear because SE is forced to put low ilvls on it. My thought is they could put relevant ilvls on all content and tweak their worth with secondaries. There will always be a BiS set but it would be easier to shift it from a developers standpoint.

I know I'm not alone with the fact that I run each dungeon once and never again. There is no good reason to ever go back. What if each update those dungeons had slightly better drops, people would run them for drops instead of because SE forces us for our relics or alex quest.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Or make gear upgradable so if you REALLY like the stats on your Titan EX earring, through some means you can upgrade that to a higher ilvl to make it more relevant.

This does two things, 1) satisfies peoples desires for more gear variety 2) better players do older content to get gear because it's relevant and thus help newer/less skilled players (which is what SE seems to want to do so badly)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Or make gear upgradable so if you REALLY like the stats on your Titan EX earring, through some means you can upgrade that to a higher ilvl to make it more relevant.

This does two things, 1) satisfies peoples desires for more gear variety 2) better players do older content to get gear because it's relevant and thus help newer/less skilled players (which is what SE seems to want to do so badly)

That's a good thought as long as its quantifiable.

Titan i90 comes out
    3 months later killing Titan 5 times makes it i100

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, the Diamond Dust mechanic was my favorite for upgrading Ice weapons. Guarenteed droprate, just had to collect a reasonable amount to get your weapon boosted to High Allagan levels.

I was honestly surprised at the lack of iLv boosting options at the start of 2.4 (Oct 27th). You had your poetics gear, but you didn't get an i120 weapon until you cleared T11 (And three weeks of poetics hoarding). Unless you got your Zodiac (i125) in 2.45 (Dec 8th).

At least with 2.2 you could get an i100 weapon through Levi Ex (And a huge amount of luck). Then again with 2.2 you could get your Animus weapon.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Honestly, the Diamond Dust mechanic was my favorite for upgrading Ice weapons. Guarenteed droprate, just had to collect a reasonable amount to get your weapon boosted to High Allagan levels.

I was honestly surprised at the lack of iLv boosting options at the start of 2.4 (Oct 27th). You had your poetics gear, but you didn't get an i120 weapon until you cleared T11 (And three weeks of poetics hoarding). Unless you got your Zodiac (i125) in 2.45 (Dec 8th).

At least with 2.2 you could get an i100 weapon through Levi Ex (And a huge amount of luck). Then again with 2.2 you could get your Animus weapon.
    Yes Shiva was awesome and is how Levi should have been!

And 2.1 had i95 Allagan, i90 primal weekly, i90 relics and the community was very active doing all 3. More options seems to be a better solution then fixed hierarchy. Equipment is outdated too quickly to have these heavy gates behind them.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Was I the only one that wanted to see accuracy requirements on every fight over i90? Leviathan and shiva were good examples, so many people had no idea why they weren't meeting that DPS check until you told them they are hitting at 90% on BLM....

We know that monster levels equate to accuracy penalties on the attacker. But maybe current extreme dungeon monsters arent actually higher level than turn 4 monsters

Accuracy is a stupid stat to have period, our gear options are painfully lacking as it is and with accuracy thrown in it just restricts what you can wear even further.

It doesn't help that it totally fucks with BLM and SMN (share gear, different caps) and makes SCH DPS more difficult and WHM DPS not even an idea worth entertaining.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Accuracy is a stupid stat to have period, our gear options are painfully lacking as it is and with accuracy thrown in it just restricts what you can wear even further.

It doesn't help that it totally fucks with BLM and SMN (share gear, different caps) and makes SCH DPS more difficult and WHM DPS not even an idea worth entertaining.
    Technically SMN and BLM have the same accuracy cap... it's that damn pet that screws everything up (and book smacking).

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I guess its a way to artificially increase the difficulty of the monster. We're lucky the accuracy cap is 100 and not 95 lol Missing that first Thunder3/PBalanceDemo/Disembowel :kappalq:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Inb4 they abolish accuracy but instead cap everyone at 90% and require BRD to upkeep Rain of Death.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

A 95% cap would change a lot lol. People waiting for Halone or BB to actually land before attacking etc. It might make the game more interesting IMO.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

"Why did you let GL3 drop?"
    "I KEPT FUCKING MISSING PARTS OF MY COMBOS!"

I doubt they'd ever do that unless combos and their buff effects still took effect even if you missed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    "Why did you let GL3 drop?"
    "I KEPT FUCKING MISSING PARTS OF MY COMBOS!"

I doubt they'd ever do that unless combos and their buff effects still took effect even if you missed.
    MNK actually doesn't get hit as hard since they keep their place in the combo chain on a miss or invuln (annoyingly for the latter).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

oh, for some reason I thought your combos were instantly dropped if you missed

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

MNK doesn't have combos

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Oh right, the stanceFORM thing. Uh, yeah, this has been a very enlightening session of learning about a job I don't use.

Capping accuracy would be even more fucking retarded because every job that uses normal combos (WAR PLD DRG NIN) would be fucked far worse than other jobs.

Also it would add nothing to the game but cause DPS check failures because of RNG.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly, they should get rid of Accuracy, Parry, and combine Spell Speed and Skill Speed.

Though this would leave us with a total of Haste(Skill/Spell speed), Det, Crit, and Piety. They're getting rid of cracked materia (From 1.0) so maybe we'll see a better revamp of the materia system in 3.0 rather than just a fifth tier of materia.

Edit: Honestly if they simplied all that they might be able to add in a +TP and +MP Regen stat.

Somewhat related: their "solution" to skill/spell speed issues is to make DoTs tick faster based on it.

Aside from the fact that it doesn't solve the issue (unless it makes TP tic back faster), how will that even work?

Is it going to reduce the duration of DoT effects? Cause I'm pretty sure that would fuck up a lot of rotations while making TP issues even worse, DoT WSs have higher TP costs, having to reapply them even more often because skills speed makes them have to be re-applied more often is gonna make them an even bigger drain.

I really hope they thought this shit through -_-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast