1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If we want to be more definite, its new information on the basis of learning new names for the Au Ra races and the tomestones, both of which is negligible unless you're a complete lore nut.

The lootmaster system isn't totally new as well, just more detailed information. The new jobs starting level anyone could have guessed at (and did here on BG). New gear across the board, higher retainer levels, reordering of duty roulette are all implied as they are game mainstays. Flying chocobos and converting already flying mounts were mentioned before.

The only true pieces of info thats new is needing to be attuned to fly, and 50 hours worth of content in 3.0. And of course videos never before seen prior to today.

Not to say any of it is bad, there's obviously a lot of people here and Reddit that are forgetful or simply dont follow the info stream as closely as say, myself Rata or Rocl.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Was there no Q&A in this live letter?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Have they clarified on the difficulty of Alexander HM? Sounds like NM Is gonna be a joke and if HM is truly harder than Savage then they have given 99% of the population less content to do since there is no middle ground. I like the current difficulty of current coil, so not sure how i feel about stupid difficult or stupid easy mode
    Alexander Normal is going to be close to what Coil is with Echo. Alexander Savage is going to be harder than Coil at release, so I'm guessing like Savage Coil. So Normal will definitely still be difficult. It'll still be hardcore content, just a bit easier to get into since it won't have a raid lockout, only a CT-esque loot lockout.

It looks like progression will work something like this:

Casual
    • Dungeons
    • Floating Continent (CT-equivalent) - patch 3.1 and odd-numbered patches after that

Midcore
    • Primals
    • Airship content - patch 3.1 and on

Hardcore
    • Alexander Normal
    • Alexander Savage

On top of this we have Tomestones of Law, Tomestones of Esoterics and Crafted gear. Then we have all the other content that'll fit in somehow at endgame including Hunts and Treasure Maps. We still don't have a solid confirmation of where AF2 will come from (likely tomestones, but who knows).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Alexander Normal sounded like it was going to be casual. Because they said it will have no lockout and the crystal tower loot system, seems like people will DF this. Savage basically has the same coil lockout system how coil is when it has the weekly lockout.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Alexander Normal sounded like it was going to be casual. Because they said it will have no lockout and the crystal tower loot system.
    They've basically devised a way to pad their thin-as-fuck content model, arguably as it should have been with Savage to begin with.

A round of applause I guess?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I look forward to the return of Quartermaster drama.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Is that QM sorta thing going to work with the Duty Finder system too? Cause man, I can only imagine the shittiness if so.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Alexander Normal is going to be close to what Coil is with Echo. Alexander Savage is going to be harder than Coil at release, so I'm guessing like Savage Coil. So Normal will definitely still be difficult. It'll still be hardcore content, just a bit easier to get into since it won't have a raid lockout, only a CT-esque loot lockout.

It looks like progression will work something like this:

Casual
    • Dungeons
    • Floating Continent (CT-equivalent) - patch 3.1 and odd-numbered patches after that

Midcore
    • Primals
    • Airship content - patch 3.1 and on

Hardcore
    • Alexander Normal
    • Alexander Savage

On top of this we have Tomestones of Law, Tomestones of Esoterics and Crafted gear. Then we have all the other content that'll fit in somehow at endgame including Hunts and Treasure Maps. We still don't have a solid confirmation of where AF2 will come from (likely tomestones, but who knows).

Alex Normal is more between Casual to MC, because they said the big reason for Alex normal is for those who wanna experience the story

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The “lootmaster” system will allow the party’s master to distribute lottable items. For example, before entering content you’ll be able to establish item lotting rights in chat, so please be sure to put this to use. Additionally, we’ll be making it possible to do a single take-back on items you accidentally needed or greeded on.
    I'm gonna drop everything I'm doing and spam as many dungeons as I can.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Is that QM sorta thing going to work with the Duty Finder system too? Cause man, I can only imagine the shittiness if so.
    Premade groups only.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Makes sense to do the lootmaster anyways, what with all of the "Greed Only" parties that tend to pop in the Party Finder. It more or less cockblocks assholes who can't follow rules.

Guess we know that dhamel steak will be a new recipe for CUL

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel View Post
    Guess we know that dhamel steak will be a new recipe for CUL
    Fuck that.

Aim higher, man: Dragon Steak, Red Curry, Red Curry Buns.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Fuck that.

Aim higher, man: Dragon Steak, Red Curry, Red Curry Buns.
    And since this is XIV:

Dragon Steak - Gathering+25% GP+5
    Red Curry - Craftsmanship +30%
    Red Curry Bun - CP+15% Desynthesis+2

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    And since this is XIV:

Dragon Steak - Gathering+25% GP+5
    Red Curry - Craftsmanship +30%
    Red Curry Bun - CP+15% Desynthesis+2
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-P
    I will take everything you love about FFXI and bastardize it in FFXIV.
    :kappa:

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Saw this today and found it to be a perfect parallel to how lots of FFXIV players talk about the game:

The new dungeon and PvP armour looks really, really good. I'm actually most excited about the new Frontlines map and rules :3

I need this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was the whole thing uploaded anywhere yet?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Was the whole thing uploaded anywhere yet?
    The entire broadcast VoD was up on twitch shortly after it aired http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv...ast_broadcasts
    It's also up on Youtube in various parts, but the quality is lower: https://www.youtube.com/user/Nemonia87/videos
    The JP version of the blog post with the gear screenshots is here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/
    The summary of the Live Letter including all the powerpoint slides is here on the forums: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post2896885

Those 2 armors look pretty nice, for once not so many buckles and shit. I like simpler looking designs like that.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Saw this today and found it to be a perfect parallel to how lots of FFXIV players talk about the game:

None of this is new. Surely you remember all the posts on BG, Alla, and XIAH about people announcing their quitting over the years, on XI.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast