Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    This is golden, what year am I in
    Star Wars is gonna be big and so is the Terminator.

Back to the Future, man!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Man, this thread is getting old school. I haven't seen people arguing over the best way to beat Maat in over 10 years? Who opened up this can of worms, lol?
    No one is arguing over the best way to beat Maat.

Working as intended.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Welcome to FFXI Yuella and that's a pretty cool stunt. I hoped you enjoyed your right of passage by besting Maat.

Also...
    Spoiler: show
    Well, well. Look here. We have a new player. One point for Seph saying it wasn't time for FFXI to go into maintenance mode yet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    No one is arguing over the best way to beat Maat.
    Pretty sure the best way would to do a sanguine blade spam now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's not possible to get Sanguine Blade by 70, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah but the best way to beat maat is to be lvl 99...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well if you go that route, the best way to beat Maat is to go in SMN and oneshot him within 15 seconds.

Or maybe go in on BLM, pop a hermes quencher, then do an instant cast VI spell for a 10 second win.

I beat Maat on WAR in about 5 seconds.

Raging -> IW -> Raging -> dead.

The 2 attacks he got off were absorbed by Blink Band shadows, he didn't even hit me >_>

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

this is actually semi relevant if you want the maat cap lol, or maats alter ego.. but yeah. if you're 99 with ilevel gear you can wreak shit up so effortlessly that its even more fun.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did maat on rdm first back in 04 or 5 also. I remember it taking a few tries due to sleep resists and what not, but I don't think I ever considered it hard, just luck based.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Seeing this thread, I kind of want to play the Maat fight again. Oh, such sweet memories of opo neck and sleep pots and since I did the fight on DRK, hoping that Souleater doesn't get me killed.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

I don't care what any of you say, PLD Matt sucked dick

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think I heard horror stories from PLD friends about getting rotten luck. I just remember farming testmonials for a week so a RDM could retry it. To me, after these years it seems like sleep > gravity > chainspell nuke your brains out, but I never tried that one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Each time I level a new job I stop around 66 to fight Maat. Since WS update the fight don't seem as bad as they used to be, only ones left for me to do are Whm and Rng. What can I look foward too?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

rngs not so bad assuming you don't miss. Throw out some slug shots and barrages and it's dead if you aren't... whm idk the only times I've done it below 70 was as my first fight so all I had to do was survive 5 minutes. Hexastrike is really strong now though. So is earthen crusher

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kamugi View Post
    I did maat on rdm first back in 04 or 5 also. I remember it taking a few tries due to sleep resists and what not, but I don't think I ever considered it hard, just luck based.
    Indeed. I always felt RDM Maat was heavily dependent on luck. Even with capped skills and decent gear he could still resist your sleeps left and right if he felt like being a Tanaka-class dick. After losing on RDM a few times back in the day I switched to the only other 70 job I had at that moment (PLD), borrowed some gear from a friend and beat him first try.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I remember my RDM Maat fight (it was the first job I did it on). I used the trick where I leveled to 70, capped skills, deleveled to 69, got an exp scroll, then went and did the fight. Midway through the fight I would level up with the scroll and have full HP/MP.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Shit, I remember my RDM Maat fight too back in 2007... First job, so I borrowed a friends Pluto's and Aquillon Staves since I could only afford the NQs, and went into the University since it had a more stable connection than mine at home....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    Each time I level a new job I stop around 66 to fight Maat. Since WS update the fight don't seem as bad as they used to be, only ones left for me to do are Whm and Rng. What can I look foward too?
    I did whm Maat naked at level 66 when I was going for my cap. Just reposed and ran around to survive.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Man View Post
    Indeed. I always felt RDM Maat was heavily dependent on luck. Even with capped skills and decent gear he could still resist your sleeps left and right if he felt like being a Tanaka-class dick. After losing on RDM a few times back in the day I switched to the only other 70 job I had at that moment (PLD), borrowed some gear from a friend and beat him first try.
    What constitutes "decent gear"? Only time I really ever heard about LS members having trouble with it over the years was because they lacked an HQ dark staff. Honestly, I could spam that fight 10 times for just about the same outcome. Sure one sleep might resist, but you cast another and a bind if you got fucked. It is pretty hard for a good player to lose to RDM maat, and a decent player shouldn't have much issue.