+ Reply to Thread
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Nook Android App - Galaxy Tab 4

So my fiance has an 8gb galaxy tab 4, shes uses the nook app a ton, basically the only thing she uses the tablet for.

shes got a much larger sd card, 16 or 32, but theres no way to get the nook app to automatically download and store books onto the sd card. every book i have to physically move from the internal memory to my sd card book folder, then go find the new file and manually side load it from my files, selecting the nook app sideloads that particular book.

as you can imagine this is a giant pain in the ass.

the other problem im having is that shes only got 8gb of internal storage, which is why i wanted to move books to sd card to begin with, so after moving all the books to the sd card and sideloading them, and then archiving the book downloads so she doesn't have a copy on sd card and a downloadable copy on her booklist, storage on the tablet still tells me the nook app is using 2.5 gb or so despite me deleting all the books from the internal memory after moving them to the card.

does anyone know where nook may be storing this phantom 2.5gb? i'd really like to get that space back for her so that its usable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Books are generally pretty tiny. In the Manage Apps sections, you should be able to see how much space each app is using (you should have internal, SD, running, and some other tab). First thing to check is the browser. It's been a year since my Android phone, but I loved it. I only moved to iphone because the rest of the family has them. If you need more help, I can boot up my old phone to refresh myself with the OS.

Also, if you plug in the device to a computer, you should be able to manually move/rename the folders for the apps to recognize. I did this with our digital book collection. I was able to have them on a PC and move the entire collection to both an iphone and Android. Even from internal to SD, it'll be faster/easier.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea basically when I go look at the nook app underneath the applications section it shows that a minimal amount of data is being used. less than 100mb total.

When I go to the storage section of the tablet it says misc files using around 3gb of space, and the top space user on that list is nook at around 2.5gb

I have cleared the nook folders of all data and moved them all to the sd card.

The problem is not so much books, but my fiance has magazine subs on there too, and like 3-4 of her magazines take up a gig of space, so around 250mb for each mag.

But I still can't find where this phantom nook data is being held, I found all the epub files and moved them, I looked through android/data and android/obb but theres nothing in the nook folders using that amount of space.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Mags are different. You cannot move them from internal. Try archiving (inside the Nook app) them and see if it frees up space.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I did move mags from internal to sd card and the sideloaded them just fine. Then i archives the mags. Storage still ahowing 2.5gb of space used

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Clear cache in recovery. There's a way to clear log files, but I never did it. Delete updates to apps you don't use (other reading programs, for one).

Edit: "dial *#9900# on the tablet and select option 2 “Delete dumpstate/logcat” in the prompted menu" from an Android forum per Stu40.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finally figured out what the deal was. I was just being a derp.

On that miscellaneous files menu in the storage options, each misc folder has a checkbox, you can check it, then a delete option appears. I can do it right from the menu that was causing me problems. I'm not sure exactly what those files were, probably cached stuff that wasn't even available to read anymore, but clearing them didn't give me any issues with the nook app.