Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    The FFXI achievement system is so outdated that I don't think it's really worth anything anymore. The difficulty of everything it counts has changed dramatically, but the points awarded are still the same.

I mean, does anyone really think that getting two level 99 jobs requires a similar amount of effort and time as a mythic in these days, for example?
    That's an even more specific issue (points value etc).
    I was more talking about the missing stuff (new merits, job points, ergon weapons, new missions etc)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    The FFXIDB thing was my mistake. POLUtils broke last update and I semi-fixed it, but work got really busy and I forgot to finish the job. I'll see about getting to it later tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised if FFXIAH uses POLUtils for their datamining, which would explain why the site has not been updated yet.
    Yes, it does. That why when SU1 came out it took a while for him to update it before ebcause he had to wait for it to be updated and then it was even a week later cause he hadn't realized it had been updated at that point.

Just so everyone here knows, FFXIAH DOES have all the new gear updated, it's just that the front page and sidebar haven't been updated. So all the stuff is there, just not linked on the front page.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The AH update is still missing items. It has Codex of Etchings but not singles and I think it's missing all the upgrade items from Vagary.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It is indeed missing p. much every sellable from vagary, yes.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Looks like FFXIAH is falling apart from the seams, how long before we see a post saying its going down.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Looks like FFXIAH is falling apart from the seams, how long before we see a post saying its going down.
    I think the "broken icon issue" is due they finally added the new gear. Now you can search for etched memories in bazaars via guildwork plugin, for example.

(A bit late, but it is there now!).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Help has been offered, so it's not like those who would like to see XIAH continue are just complaining and not doing anything about it. Frankly that sort of troll forum response is both useless and irritating.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not really a troll response, just an observation. Not really surprising since a lot of people have given up on FFXI as it is.

Banned.

BG Level

Isn't the reason FFXIAH is slow to update new money items so they can monopolize cross-server price differences themselves while it's still profitable?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I don't think any of them play at all, most of the mods despise FFXI even.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

People complained enough and now it is all updated. Huzzah!

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Not really a troll response, just an observation. Not really surprising since a lot of people have given up on FFXI as it is.
    Are you letting the world get you down Dray?

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    People complained enough and now it is all updated. Huzzah!
    I hate when I have to complain to my local newspaper to get them to release a new one myself.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    I hate when I have to complain to my local newspaper to get them to release a new one myself.
    Unfortunately it seems that people involved in tech aren't very adept in customer service. Whether or not they are paid they have still developed a customer base and they seem annoyed by that, oddly. Why release anything if you feel like it is a inconvenience for people to use the product? While my skills aren't in this arena, my personal pride prevents me from building something and then half-assing the maintenance to only have it decay in my laziness. Also, something about releasing something for free and then forcing people to pay for it after it was free for so long seems slimy.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unfortunately it seems that people involved in tech aren't very adept in customer service. Whether or not they are paid they have still developed a customer base and they seem annoyed by that, oddly. Why release anything if you feel like it is a inconvenience for people to use the product? While my skills aren't in this arena, my personal pride prevents me from building something and then half-assing the maintenance to only have it decay in my laziness. Also, something about releasing something for free and then forcing people to pay for it after it was free for so long seems slimy.
    The people involved in tech aren't hired for their customer service skills before their knowledge and ability to preform tasks. Dealing with people who are everything from someone just needing a pointer to someone who uses their optical drive as a cup holder is like being a parent, and it gets tiring after awhile. Imagine working as a food server for a long time.

Personally, I disapprove of the way help is not utilized to make things run smoother on ah.com. Idk what the deal is, but there is obviously something amiss, and hopefully Scragg can eventually do the right thing and leverage people.

Imagine you start a lemonade stand, and offer nice cheap lemonade everyone likes.
    Now say more and more people start coming to you for lemonade. You operation grows, it consumes more time, and you have to use more resources to keep it going.
    You expand your lemonade stand, and bring people on.
    It is now costing you money to provide the quality of service and product people have come to expect from your lemonade stand.
    You continue to do things the way you did, but in order stick to your business model you charge money for premium items at your stand while your original lemonade you were selling for cheap stays as it always has.
    There is nothing slimy about reigning in a project that grows and demands more from you.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    The people involved in tech aren't hired for their customer service skills before their knowledge and ability to preform tasks. Dealing with people who are everything from someone just needing a pointer to someone who uses their optical drive as a cup holder is like being a parent, and it gets tiring after awhile. Imagine working as a food server for a long time.

Personally, I disapprove of the way help is not utilized to make things run smoother on ah.com. Idk what the deal is, but there is obviously something amiss, and hopefully Scragg can eventually do the right thing and leverage people.

Imagine you start a lemonade stand, and offer nice cheap lemonade everyone likes.
    Now say more and more people start coming to you for lemonade. You operation grows, it consumes more time, and you have to use more resources to keep it going.
    You expand your lemonade stand, and bring people on.
    It is now costing you money to provide the quality of service and product people have come to expect from your lemonade stand.
    You continue to do things the way you did, but in order stick to your business model you charge money for premium items at your stand while your original lemonade you were selling for cheap stays as it always has.
    There is nothing slimy about reigning in a project that grows and demands more from you.
    In your example, you made a mistake. If you offered it at a price to begin with and scaled the price to meet business demands that is fine, you never fronted that you were anything more than a business man. Now imagine a charity starts and then says they need to charge for it. You start wanting people to believe you are altruistic, but realize you'd rather make money.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In your example, you made a mistake. If you offered it at a price to begin with and scaled the price to meet business demands that is fine, you never fronted that you were anything more than a business man. Now imagine a charity starts and then says they need to charge for it. You start wanting people to believe you are altruistic, but realize you'd rather make money.
    well he has a point, i mean even BG needs donation to cover their costs

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    well he has a point, i mean even BG needs donation to cover their costs
    Not even close. They don't ban everyone from the forums to get money from you.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not even close. They don't ban everyone from the forums to get money from you.
    They banned people from Guildwork or Ah.com forums?

We are talking about Guildwork right?

How do I not have a point? How is making a program to the benefit of others an a site that offered a premium from the get go, and then taking (as far as I remember) one ability (checking the ah from your chat log, i loved it, but wouldnt and don't pay for it) and keeping the rest free some high slight? Some extortion attempt. If you don't like it then you don't have to use the program they put their time and effort into it. I wasn't aware Scragg and other devs came out and said they woke up one day deciding to make the population of FFXI their charity cases.

People complain that those of us in the tech field don't have good customer service. Well the customers are a bunch of whiners most of the time who take it for granted and expect shit to be catered to them like a bunch of children. No one in any service industry likes most of the people who whine to them in this day and age.

Why is it fine for BG to get donations to stay open, but guildwork charges for half of its features and provides others free from the get go and it is different? I also agree with clipper going premium too (not the cost or methods really, but the principle) and I think everyone just doesn't understand.
    It is like working X job to support yourself and getting a hobby that gets out of control and demands more of you. There comes a point where you either charge or it is not worth it to keep developing and supporting it.

EDIT: Shit, if we have a problem with this then why do people still use FFXIlolclopedia? After the scandal and buyout there you'd think if we cared we would stop using it (I almost never have to go there ).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

BG's ad space currently goes for $0.40/day. It was up at $2.50 a month ago. Regardless, point is that Ragns is probably making like $300/year from ads.

If you look at the Alexa rankings, you can probably spot why:
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bluegartr.com (59% NA, 6% Italian, 3% Canadian, 3% German, 29% Other?)
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bg-wiki.com (74% NA, 24% Canadian, 2% Other?)
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ffxiah.com (49% NA, 38% JP, 5% UK, 8% Other?)
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/windower.net (42% NA, 58% JP, 0% Other?)
    http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/ffevo.net (69% NA, 31% Other?)

Even just looking at those numbers you can already see some of the failings of Alexa's country-by-country breakdown and their sampling bias, but I find it hilarious that windower.net apparently gets more clicks from JPs than NAs.