Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Back in October I switched to tmobile to save a bit over Verizon and all was great until I moved last month. Now I'm in a little more rural area but still listed 'good' on their map for 4g, and 2 bars is the best I can get outside when the planets align while inside I can't even get a connection. Just fyi if you are looking at tmobile and their coverage maps...

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Republic been doin' this since 2011. So glad I switched to them. The Mrs and I were paying damn near $200/mo on Verizon. She had 4 GB data, I had 2 GB. Only thing unlimited was texting..

On Republic she pays $28/mo, that's with tax, for her 3g. She's almost always on the Wi-Fi signal tho. My 4g is $42/mo. I'm glad Google is following in their footsteps. I'll never go back to the big providers again.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one lol.

I swear, I tell family members about this all the time and they just think I'm making it up how cheap their service is and then they continue on their terrible plans for $80+/month.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    That's why you don't renew?
    Not my choice. Family plan and my dad wanted a new phone with the renewal discount.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    Does anyone know what tech the Nexus 6 has that makes it the only phone that works on Fi? I applied for Fi so now I am playing the waiting game. I don't use much data and the credited data looks much more appealing than dealing with the AT&T family plan.
    Because the Nexus 6 is a Google Phone and they want you to use their phone instead of bringing your own to their network.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Sounds exactly like AT&Ts next plan, Verizon's Edge plan, and Sprints EasyPay plan. I'd rather stay with AT&T for the phone options and international coverage, personally.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yea, sounds exactly like those carrier plans that refund you for data you didn't use.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

The reason only the nexus 6 is available is its the only phone that works on tmobile and Sprint networks.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yea, sounds exactly like those carrier plans that refund you for data you didn't use.
    I guess this does make enough of a difference after all. Data rollover is nice, but it's not the same thing. And while the line fee is 5$ cheaper with the other providers if you have a large enough data plan, if your data plan is small the line fee would be 5$ more expensive. I'd reckon the google plan is much more cost efficient if you're on an individual account.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    The reason only the nexus 6 is available is its the only phone that works on tmobile and Sprint networks.
    Hmm? I'm fairly positive tmobile has iphones and samsung's galaxy. And I know for sure sprint does. The LGE enabled sprint phones should be GSM as well instead of CDMA so that shouldn't be a problem either.

BG Level

The N6 is carrier unlocked. That's the only reason.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    Sounds exactly like AT&Ts next plan, Verizon's Edge plan, and Sprints EasyPay plan. I'd rather stay with AT&T for the phone options and international coverage, personally.
    Also a payment plan vs leasing your phone.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

Maybe this is what I meant. I was just repeating some shit I read somewhere else and chose to believe because I'm a peon

BG Level

Nah you had it right.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That doesn't make any sense to me, as any verizon LTE phone is also carrier unlocked. The other providers will (have to) unlock your phone if you own it, as well.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    That doesn't make any sense to me, as any verizon LTE phone is also carrier unlocked. The other providers will (have to) unlock your phone if you own it, as well.
    Only new Verizon phones can be unlocked, because they carry multiple radios to compensate for the eventual drop off CDMA.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Necro.

Looking to see if anyone has gotten their invite and how they find the service. I got an email saying I should get an invite in 2-3 weeks and wanted to know others' experience with the network.

BG Level

I got my invite but as an unlimited Verizon customer I'm not ready to jump.

I also got my invite, but it came right after I bought a new LG G4. I decided to stick with this phone for now, rather than going to the Nexus 6, so maybe I'll give it a try down the road when more phones are available. Maybe when the next Nexus comes out.

The Anti Miz

BG Level

ive seen rumors that they will be updating older nexus phones, ie a 2015 nexus5 or w/e. Man if that is true and those shits work on google-fi my wife is going to be pissed when she has to learn to use android cuz we will be switching

The Anti Miz

BG Level

so got an invite about a week ago, just got a follow up email that included this

We currently have a limited-time offer that saves you $150 on the Nexus 6 if you sign up soon. The Nexus 6 32 GB is available for $499 and the 64 GB model is $549. Qualified buyers can pay for the Nexus 6 over 24 months at $20.79/month for the 32 GB model and $22.88/month for the 64 GB model. These prices are available for a limited time and do not include taxes or shipping.
    WHY MUST I BE LOCKED INTO THIS ATT FAMILY PLAN WITH MY STUPID WIFE

BG Level

Because wife.