1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 58 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 8 hours, 1 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 1 hours, 58 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Yoshida: After Heavensward is released, existing level 50 content will have a Level Sync applied. For example, when level 60 adventurers participate in battles from A Realm Reborn, they will temporarily be reduced to level 50.
    I have to imagine/hope that this Level Sync will sync us to i130 (and not something lower), or we are in for a world of hurt when it comes to redoing old content.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Still annoyed that no one who has the ability to put a mic under his face is asking him about why we still only have 200 blacklist slots in a game fucking swarmed with RMT?

Instead of constantly trying to trump previous highs, why not spend a little focus on trying to smooth out some of the most goddamn annoying parts of this game? Why not an option to see what character has been "given back to its original owner" on the blacklist page instead of trial and error removing and immediately getting spammed by them? Why not have more than 1 (deleted) per month when I still have people on my blist that were spamming the game on the 2nd week of 2.0?

That shit really, really irritates me, and I know a few people that are on the fence about coming back, but got sick of having no real way to deal with RMT shouts after all 200 slots are filled aside from essentially blocking all /tells, friend or foe alike.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They put a filter in ffxi that worked well for random tells, can't do it for 14? I ignore every *ding* sound i hear because inalways associate it with rmt, so the few times i actually get a real /tell are wholly ignored lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Still annoyed that no one who has the ability to put a mic under his face is asking him about why we still only have 200 blacklist slots in a game fucking swarmed with RMT?.
    He answered this every time he's asked about anything regarding "raising the limit of x":

"We don't want to increase the load time on the backend."

Raise everyone's Blist cap beyond 200, you increase load times based on the setup of the game it seems.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    He answered this every time he's asked about anything regarding "raising the limit of x":

"We don't want to increase the load time on the backend."

Raise everyone's Blist cap beyond 200, you increase load times based on the setup of the game it seems.
    Then why not... I know... delete the accounts of all these RMT sending hundreds of tells to me whenever I'm online? Surely there's no "backend" of a goddamn delete button.

You can either have the money of the RMT hijacked account, or you can have the money of an honest player who ain't playin' out of frustration of RMT. Money's money, sure, but heh.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The friend request shit is super annoying. I should be able to filter the character lvl of request or something. Not lvl 50 you can't sent me a tell/request.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What they need to do is add some sort of heuristic filter that blocks out phrase word combinations. It won't block everything, but it would at least vastly cut down the amount of tells that are received by the players. They could also create a system that auto bans a player if they send the same message to more than X number of individual players. If not this, set a cap on how many identical messages can be sent around. If nothing else, this would annoy RMT into creating a bot that randomizes messages sent to people and would take time.

Either way, there's no reason why any person in game should have 30~60 RMT messages in a single hour. I turn on Guildwork on the laptop and I see about 1~3 messages an hour with a simple filter. I play on PS4 and 90%+ of my tells are all RMT, upwards of 35 messages in an hour, easy.

There should also be a way to restrict incoming friend tells, and they should make it such that you can control who you can get it from. Like a level limitation that should be met first.

Download GW client.

Go to chat filters.

Add:

000 K

Never hear from RMT ever again (you'll still get the occasional friend request tho).

One thing XIV certainly does (and will continue to) have in common with XI is third party apps doing simple shit that SE can't (or won't) do.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You got a link for that? That'd be seriously great to have, because I don't get friend requests from them, just the in-game /tell spam.

@Sho: All of those are good ideas. My point, yes, is that there are plenty of ways, and yet we aren't seeing anything being done or even talked about other than "well we can't do this because PS3 limita- err, I mean, backend limitations..." again and again. There are solutions. At least pay some lipservice to people and tell us that you're currently researching solutions or SOMETHING.

Its been well over a year since 2.0. I still have people on my blacklist from launch. They still haven't been deleted. Am I supposed to just have hope and slowly unblock every person and pray to the twelve that the characters have been magically restored to their rightful owners? Shit, most of the names are ghad;ajhduihbuah;agh anyway; you aren't convincing me that an honest player is using that as their actual character.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't know why they can't just cut off all of a character's methods of communication after a certain number of people have blacklisted them. If they're a genuine player who has just annoyed too many people then they cam contact a GM to get it removed.

For some reason RMT on EU servers (at least mine) seems to be close to non-existent, didn't know it was that bad elsewhere.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ye i only ever see the odd chinese fail@life scam message over on ragnarock. Otherwise its a fail@life free server.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

One thing about RMT is that blacklisting really does nothing in the long run. They are throwaway characters that last all of 5-20 mins and then disappear forever either by SE cracking down or the RMT themselves discard the character to make another one.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Don't know why they can't just cut off all of a character's methods of communication after a certain number of people have blacklisted them. If they're a genuine player who has just annoyed too many people then they cam contact a GM to get it removed.

For some reason RMT on EU servers (at least mine) seems to be close to non-existent, didn't know it was that bad elsewhere.
    Same with the Japanese server I play..it's borderline non-existent. It's honestly no secret NA gamers by large are the main suppliers of the RMT's 1 rice bowl a day. While it's pretty bad anywhere in most F2P games (obviously) when it comes to P2P..I've honestly only ever seen the worst of it in NA based servers.

Just accept that SE isn't going to do shit and use the text filter in GW.

There's a laundry list of extremely simple things they could do to address the problem and they've done fuck all, they don't care.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

on cerb i notice they tend to pop up more at night (around 11pm) normally in the day i might get one

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i use guildwork to filter tells and i've just made it a game to collect as many RMT friend requests as possible. i was at 10 today before someone deleted himself

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually do what I did in FFXI before they finally added the filter.

Anyone gilseller spamming me gets blisted for 24 hours. After that, they get deleted. I figure by then, Square prolly got'em. And I don't allow anyone flisting me unless I know who that is. (that only happened twice)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Just accept that SE isn't going to do shit and use the text filter in GW.

There's a laundry list of extremely simple things they could do to address the problem and they've done fuck all, they don't care.
    I'm genuinely curious as to what those simple things are. I'm having trouble thinking of anything that wouldn't either be excessively restrictive for regular players or extremely easy to circumvent by RMT.

Raise the level required to send tells? RMT already bot and spam levels in groups pretty quickly already.
    Implement a delay between the sending of consecutive messages? How long would the delay need to be? 2 seconds? 5? This might slow the RMT down a bit, but they can still spam.
    Block certain words and phrases? Unless the list of words and phrases is very broad (and thus likely to place unreasonable restrictions on regular players) it'll be very easy for RMT just to change their language.
    Only allow the sending of tells to people you already have in your friend list, FC or LS? Ok, but we have restrictions like this already in place for other things and RMT just bombard us with friend requests. Tells and friend requests are useful tools for players new to the game and restricting their use too much seems like it would harm the community, considering the fact that there isn't really a general chat (thank god).

Besides making it easier to blacklist people and banning RMT (which they are obviously doing on a regular basis), what more can they reasonably do? Honest question.

-Give the option to not receive tells from players below level 20 (or shouts, or says, etc)

-Don't allow friend requests to be received unless you've exchanged a tell with the player (ie. you have sent them at least one tell)

That was hard.