+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Never do personal checks for rent. Do Cashiers Checks, because those can't bounce, and they will have no excuse if it isn't accepted.

Not much has changed so far. My bank is doing a fraudulent investigation now. She actually has her bank looking into it too which is weird. My bank told me this would be a long process so I won't be hearing anything for at least month I am guessing.

My original plan was to move out at the end of August. So, she had a talk with me asking me how we are going to make up the difference in her rent for the 2 months after until her lease ends. I'm just flabbergasted that she had the nerve to ask for money after I have moved out....

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by rahman1937 View Post
    Not much has changed so far. My bank is doing a fraudulent investigation now. She actually has her bank looking into it too which is weird. My bank told me this would be a long process so I won't be hearing anything for at least month I am guessing.

My original plan was to move out at the end of August. So, she had a talk with me asking me how we are going to make up the difference in her rent for the 2 months after until her lease ends. I'm just flabbergasted that she had the nerve to ask for money after I have moved out....
    Did you sign an agreement/lease with her? Or is the lease just in her name? If it's just her name on the lease and you have no written agreement tell her to get bent.

The lease I signed is a sublet lease. So, I didn't sign anything with the complex. What I don't know is whether her lease agreement allows her to sublease. But the one I signed is up at the end of this month, I would just need to give her 30 days notice.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Bruh you need to get out of that mess
    asap. Those bozos should have had the sublease match the rental lease

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Lol why would she leave a 2 month gap? Sounds like she was either desperate for a roommate or retarded

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

por que no los dos?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Lol why would she leave a 2 month gap? Sounds like she was either desperate for a roommate or retarded
    She is sounding like a person who thought they could hide the fact they cashed two checks. So how far off are the odds that they are retarded?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The lease I signed is a sublet lease. So, I didn't sign anything with the complex. What I don't know is whether her lease agreement allows her to sublease. But the one I signed is up at the end of this month, I would just need to give her 30 days notice.
    Give her the 30 days notice in writing. Make 2 copies so you have one. If she refuses to sign it, a nice trick is to put a line labeled "refuse to sign" where they sign there. Works great with disciplinary forms to show they were given the document.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Never do personal checks for rent. Do Cashiers Checks, because those can't bounce, and they will have no excuse if it isn't accepted.
    ^ I only deal with this right here. Cashiers Checks are top tier when people don't have Paypal or Google Wallet/Apple Wallet.

Hopefully you live in Califorina, where they are next level with tenant/lease codes.

So does anyone know what did happen? I had similar situation but money was taken from my bank wire. For roommate try to live without them go for smaller apartment, every time when i have had roommate if they don't steal something they break some of my things, and it usually be expensive.

I haven't heard from the bank since I filed the police report and signed the affidavit. I am hoping to hear soon.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't heard from the bank since I filed the police report and signed the affidavit. I am hoping to hear soon.
    Shit out of luck

No word from the bank yet but still have an update. Two more checks were cashed in my name and everything is a forgery on it. None of it is my handwriting and I am going to file another police report for this.....

So either my bitch of a room mate stole checks or her fucking fuck buddy did!!!!!

I am moving out ASAP!!!!!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Make sure to talk to your bank asap and change accounts if you can.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Your roommate knows you've contacted the bank/police, right..?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Wow what the fuck is wrong with people, this is someone you at one point knew and/or trusted, right? Jesus.

I second getting a new bank, or at least getting the bank account you have closed and opening a new one with the same bank. If they've stolen checks from you then there's no telling how much money they're going to try to pull from your account. I really hope that you can get both the bank and the police on this.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

In the future any time you suspect stolen checks, go to your bank ASAP and have that account closed and a new one opened

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

That is too bad. Happened to a friend he got kicked out after.