• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Galaxy S4 E-Mail Issues since Lollipop Update

Ever since my S4 updated to Lollipop, I have been unable to view my actual e-mail on my phone. I recieve notifications perfectly fine, I can even see a list of all my e-mails when I open the app. Whenever I try to open a specific e-mail though, i get the loading screen and then blank white space. Doesn't matter if im on 4G, 3G, or WiFi.

I've done some modding of my UI (glasskart, UCCW, etc) but it never affected e-mails before lollipop was updated.

My carrier is Verizon, if that matters. Lollipop *just* updated earlier this week so whatever version that is is the one I am running.

Entirely unrelated and more of a personal irk than a functional one, when I hold down the "home" button to close all apps, they close but then I get a orange colored blank app screen that I have to hit home again to exit out of. It seems to be my "phone" app, but I don't know why closing all programs pulls that up.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I havent updated to lolipop yet but Im considering it
    how much of the previous stuff did you have to re-enter on the phone? I really hate setting phones back up

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    how much of the previous stuff did you have to re-enter on the phone? I really hate setting phones back up
    I lost all my stored Wi-Fi passwords

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I have not lost any of my stored passwords, websites or wifi. I've had to redo some of the notifications since it seems some default options clog your locked screen. I cleaned those up and reset some of my UI mods.

I did have to re-add some of my set alarms though. On the whole everything carried over...

...except this dammed email issue.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I have an S5 and Lollipop's UI on it is ugly compared to the previous version. My email has been working fine. Actually the only app that broke was SoundCloud where it refuses to completely shut down until the phone is restarted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well, I did absolutely nothing and I can see e-mails now. I have no idea what happened. Maybe ghosts left my phone and took up residence in Rata's PS4 instead.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    Helium premium (restore from Google Drive) or Titanium make it an easy task.

Personally, I am happy staying on the Hyperdrive v21 Rom on 4.4.2. I save the cutting edge for my Nexus devices.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Lollipop broke my notification and ringtone sounds, alarms, and make a few apps do funky things (FFRK has tiny pop up windows now).

Agreed with it being uglier as well. Looks more like the updated iOS from a while ago; don't like it.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Lollipop broke my notification and ringtone sounds, alarms, and make a few apps do funky things (FFRK has tiny pop up windows now).

Agreed with it being uglier as well. Looks more like the updated iOS from a while ago; don't like it.
    You have a Touchwiz based phone. I don't know if it gets uglier than that in the Android ecosystem before or after 5.0.

If it weren't for the fact that the camera (and overall performance to a level) preforms better in its native touchwiz UI then I would say there is no reason outside of being partial to that look to not switch to a different UI (Cyanogen etc).

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Found new a new problem today. When I try to open a message from the lock screen it puts my phone back into sleep mode. When I hit the power button to turn it back on it opens the message. The more I use my phone the more I hate the update.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Found new a new problem today. When I try to open a message from the lock screen it puts my phone back into sleep mode. When I hit the power button to turn it back on it opens the message. The more I use my phone the more I hate the update.
    I would do a factory reset if the issues are this vast.

At least clear the system and user cache.