1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXI

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...c819566529ac5c
    http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/t/f1d...566529ac5c.png

The date has been set for the twenty-first installment of the Letter from the Producer LIVE! This time around, Yoshi-P will be broadcasting live from Nantes, France and divulging even more details on Heavensward. You won’t want to miss it!

Date & Time
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. (PDT)

Themes
    Heavensward Preview - Part 1
    Videos and actual gameplay will be utilized to showcase battle in both new fields and dungeons!
    Catch a glimpse of how the brand-new jobs will function in battle.

As the show will be chock-full of juicy Heavensward details, question gathering prior to the broadcast will not be held this time.

URL
    Twitch (http://sqex.to/htj)

* The audio will be available in both Japanese and English.

Those of you who are unable to view the live broadcast, never fear! Details and information from the broadcast will be posted on the official forums in real time, with a summary of topics discussed made available shortly thereafter.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

"First lets recap stuff we've gone over and know so far..."

I can't wait to hear how were getting 3 new jobs in the expansion!

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    "First lets recap stuff we've gone over and know so far..."

I can't wait to hear how were getting 3 new jobs in the expansion!
    They are all going to be in Ishgard off the top as quests. Immediately, no extra bullshit to go through other than getting there.

Was discussed before.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I heard Astrologian will heal with cards!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    They are all going to be in Ishgard off the top as quests. Immediately, no extra bullshit to go through other than getting there.

Was discussed before.
    Think he meant more in the "Let's discuss new jobs! This is the Dark Knight, a blah blah blah" introduction they've done at every point since they got unveiled. We've seen the same ability teaser at what, three live events now?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Catch a glimpse
    But only if you pause it on YouTube in high definition later.

of how the brand-new jobs will function in battle.
    Dark Knight will be a tank. Astrologian will be a healer and Machinist will be a ranged DPS with pets!

They better bloody give us some real details soon. They push back the launch so they can promote nicely at E3 and we still know very little about the new jobs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Did we know anything about scholar until we had it in our hands? I don't know why you're expecting more details. I'm certainly not expecting an ability list or anything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post

Was discussed before.
    Yeah, I think as said it's more like:

"2 hour Live Letter! Let's spend 1 hour 45 minutes recapping shit you already know from the past yearish then spend about 20 minutes actually showing new stuff...but we don't want to get into detail because of spoilers! You wanted to see new gameplay? No, here's the benchmark video again and the "Eorzea Collection" video that shows off some item sets and NPCs you can't play as."

All in all here's to hoping if my investment in 3 stacks of Quickarm and Quicktongue IV materia will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Did we know anything about scholar until we had it in our hands? I don't know why you're expecting more details. I'm certainly not expecting an ability list or anything.
    In a sense, we knew how Arcanist would play due to the 1.0 datamining, however we were told that 2.0's would be difference then we learned that ACN will be a dualspec Summoner and Scholar. So we didn't know anything, purely because they needed E3 and Gamescom hype.

Here, Heavensward was pushed back from May to June for "polish". Maybe it's the developer in me but...I mean, if you have shit created and only need to "polish" things..you could give some basic information now that it's long out of the concept stages. I've gotten hyped more over XI new jobs than I do XIV's simply because I actually KNEW things about XI's new jobs, not in intimate detail, but enough to be hyped on it outside of appearance. For example most people are hyped over DRK purely because it suffers from tiny dick syndrome not because they like how it plays...cuz well..we know nothing about it.

Hell, knew more about TERA's new gunner than I do our Machinist.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    But only if you pause it on YouTube in high definition later.

Dark Knight will be a tank. Astrologian will be a healer and Machinist will be a ranged DPS with pets!

They better bloody give us some real details soon. They push back the launch so they can promote nicely at E3 and we still know very little about the new jobs.
    http://media.zenfs.com/en-US/video/v...bie_Downer.png

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Actually Yoshi showed them off live during one of his live letters before they were released.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

We saw Ninja pretty explicitly before its release also (the empty void with the durahan, showed stuff like Suiton, teleport).

This is coming out next month right? Don't really feel a need to see anything with it so close.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The last 6 months have been the biggest blue ball.

They've gotta build more hype here. Give the fans some juicy details. Revealing some abilities doesn't give anyone an unfair advantage. It builds hype, people can theory craft and get excited for the new jobs.

The live letters are really the best forum for this. E3 is more of a general population event where digging down into those details isn't really the focus. E3 is going to be "LOOK WE HAVE NEW JOBS!" "FLYING MOUNTS!"; at least for the presentations. Interviews afterwards may reveal more details.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Live letter XXI, now with more hai.

They can't reveal too much about the new jobs for fear of people being preemptively disappointed at how many mechanics are copy-pasted from current jobs because balance.

Spoiler: show
    5$ says INT down gets lifted from MNK and given to DRK

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They can't reveal too much about the new jobs for fear of people being preemptively disappointed at how many mechanics are copy-pasted from current jobs because balance.

5$ says INT down gets lifted from MNK and given to DRK
    Along with the removed Thaumaturge skills from 1.0 which were XI DRK spells and abilities.

Yep.

Oh idc if they use old names and stuff, was more referring to how similar the jobs will function in practice.

ie. Machinist will have some kind of Paeon/Ballad buff that they have to sacrifice DPS in some way to use.

We already know AST(?) will have a healing stance and a shielding stance which sounds like the most boring way to ensure they can co-heal with both WHM and SCH.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Eh I was predicting Machinist would work that way too, basically BRD songs except you pull out a "machine" that floats around giving the buffs but the more I think about it the more I feel they'll just make a Garuda/Selene hybrid type deal instead. Basically it's a pet that will periodically auto-attack but at the same time instead of offensive abilities it has support abilities.

My best guess would be that they just have a different pet/robot thing for each purpose:

-One that passively increases their damage (a little auto-attack bot or something)
    -One that restores TP
    -One that restores MP

Rather than the MP/TP pets lowering their damage directly (a la Paeon/Ballad) they'd just lower it indirectly by not allowing the use of the attack pet.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Think he meant more in the "Let's discuss new jobs! This is the Dark Knight, a blah blah blah" introduction they've done at every point since they got unveiled. We've seen the same ability teaser at what, three live events now?
    Oho I see. I guess they'll be more or less short videos like we got of Ninja, followed by Yoshi-P and his buddy playing around on them. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    This is coming out next month right? Don't really feel a need to see anything with it so close.
    There's really no need other than to be one bitch of a teaser for everyone involved who aren't patient people (80%+ of population).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast