1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 18 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    They may have just popped Barrage for it's own sake I guess but by and large when old skills are used in the video it's because they're displaying how they interact with new skills.
    I'm not gonna argue this too strongly in either direction, because hey it's a UI-less video who even knows, but there are numerous old actions that don't really (seem to) have an interaction with the new abilities that were just shown "because".

See: Spirits Within, Inner Beast (arguably just demonstrating difference from Wrath and Abandon), practically of all MNK's segment (Howling Fist most egregiously, otherwise just spamming to GL3), Jugulate.

Unless those are all seeing unmentioned buffs/adjustments, like Jug will add to Huton timer in a certain Kiss or something. I think it can be assumed also that one of the MNK actions was probably a oGCD stance change which wouldn't matter with PB on <_<

You're right, but if you're going for flashy off-GCDs to fill in the gaps in the action Barrage just seems like an odd choice.

For MNK's segment it seemed like they kind of had to pad it since they only show 2 new skills and one of them requires GL3 (first is probably Chakra-related and the other is the big finisher that consumes GL).

edit: it's kind of odd how short MNK's segment is tbh, there's supposed to be new WSs that consume Chakra but the only new attack they show is the one that consumes GL

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Bored enough to watch again, but new skill count:

PLD: 4 of 7 (6 of 7 if you want to count the entirety of the 1-2-new3 combo)
    WAR: 4 of 6
    MNK: 3 of 7 (the big finisher is 2 moves [offGCD also], the crazy punches+jump as one and the uppercut as the other. Some pump-up move after Rockbreaker.)
    BRD: 4 of 7 (arguably all if you count showing cast times)
    SMN: 5 of 5
    BLM: 5 of 9 (circle > sharpcast/enochian > the other one,all in rapid succession, and same "arguably" disclaimer above)
    NIN: 3 of 7
    SCH: 4 of 5 (not counting Feywhatever, "arguably" disclaimer for healmode Adlo [didn't make a "buff" sound])
    WHM: 5 of 7 (PoM used after Asylum, Assize used after Holy are easy to miss)
    DRG: 3 of 7 (blahblah arguably)

Also looks like I was wrong about the other jobs not having AA turned on (MNK did, WAR did for at least a bit) so might be right about Minuet.

While I'm in the mood of reading too much into a UI-less video, SMN's 2nd action has a "I got a buff" flash/sound so and DWT is used right after it. Related? Maybe? Only buff shown. WAR's 2nd action (after IB) also generates a wrath stack, I think this is the autoparry one.

BRD's last action has a cast time but also has the blue oGCD aura. So... wat.

It occurred to me that the last MNK attack shown did seem overly long, I guess it's showing a Chakra WS + the GL WS (the new JA they use earlier is possibly the Chakra TP regen thing).

As for BRD's last action having a charge but also seemingly off-GCD, since it's a new action it may be special and have a cast time added when under Minuet for enhancing the effect, or maybe it's only available when using Minuet.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I'm having a hard time thinking of a situation where ET would be useful as well...
    Now that more information is released, I think the obvious use of Emergency Tactics is to heal a DRK to full HP to recover from zombie mode