+ Reply to Thread
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

SAP Data Extraction Software

Hello all~

**I would like to preface this post by saying that I realize the area of SAP is a very specialized niche, and is something that the public at large would have no interest in unless they, previously or currently, have some sort of connection to it at their place of business. That being said: **

Myself and a small development team have been working over the last 6 months to finish a software suite that deals with the extraction and staging of SAP data and creating customizable data warehouses on the fly. This type of data reporting is traditionally handled with SAP's proprietary Business Intelligence platform or other 3rd party platforms that rival the size and inflexibility of SAP itself. This constitutes a rather lengthy and expensive development life cycle, taking anywhere from 3 months to a year to built out a report and corresponding data warehouse to hold it, often involving upwards of 20-25 employees/consultants.

Our software cuts out this DLC, making live production data accessible to each user/group across the organization, effectively eliminating the need for a specialized BI team to be kept on staff for this specific purpose. It can pull tens of millions of records in minutes and build out data warehouses that fit the data dynamically. We support Oracle, MySQL and SQLServer at present, with others such as DB2 and Postgres to follow. We have been testing for 3 months on our own SAP instance using IDES 6.0 data and things have been going well.

Now to the reason for my post. We have opened our software up to a handful of beta partners, and we aren't finding any problems. This is scary. No bugs in beta is never a good thing, as software is NEVER release ready in the first round of live testing. I need more test data, plain and simple.

We are looking for more beta partners to help us get this off the ground, so if you are affiliated with a company that uses SAP and what we have is something you think could be a good fit, please PM me. I understand that this forum isn't specifically geared toward this type of thing, but with all the tech-minded people here I figured I would give it a shot!

Thanks for your patience!

You can check with the old company I worked for(I fucking hate them with all my guts, but to help out a fellow BGer it's ok). Freudenberg-IT. They do a lot of SAP work.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thank you for the reply Dantrag, I will look into Freudenberg-IT. Much appreciated.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Does the version of SAP matter?

My old company uses it. This is actually very closely to what my old job entailed. We had an overnight job that extracted data from certain tables and put them in another database, through some kind of abap backdoor. That became unmanageable as we added more and more data, as the extract was taking way too long.

I was the one man army that made awesome shit with that data.

Anyway, they ended up purchasing hana so I don't think it's as much an issue anymore, and it would be a ridiculous amount of hoops for them to try anything like this.

I'm still intrigued, though. If you want to pm me some more info I can forward it to my old boss to see if they may potentially be interested.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm so sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a couple of weeks No, the version of SAP doesn't matter ... we are ECC6 compliant and backward compatible to previous versions. I will PM you this afternoon, thanks for the reply!