+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Limitless (CBS - Canceled)

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Holy shit this looks amazing, about time CBS came out with something worth watching.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The entire time I was thinking.. I watched this except as a movie ...? And of course I click it and it's based on the movie. Excited.

A. Body
    BG Level

Not that excited. You turn from an average joe and become super smart, and what, solve crimes every week? Does that make sense? Isn't it more natural that you go for wealth and power like Bradley Cooper did in the movie?

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    The entire time I was thinking.. I watched this except as a movie ...? And of course I click it and it's based on the movie. Excited.
    Pretty much the exact thought process I had. Really liked the movie it's based off and it's cool to see Bradley Cooper playing the same character.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm interested in seeing the direction they take this. I really liked the movie.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Anyone else been watching this? So far, it's one of my favorite new series this season. I like that they weave Bradley Cooper's character into this, but haven't made it all about him. He's just there (so far) mostly to tie this to the movie and does push the action in a small way at this point, but they're not relying on him as a crutch really.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I might have to rewatch it some time this week.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, I've been watching it. And I agree, it's a somewhat humorous take on a detective series.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I just wish it were less a procedural and more a long form (as opposed the movie) take on what someone with that resource could get up to.
    But I'll take what I can get. It's certainly better than the execution of Minority Report, gettin' some 90's vibes out of that one.

BG Level

Minority Report is so bad. I couldn't even handle a second episode. Yeah, this will be mostly a procedural, but at least there's a larger premise presented early on, so I think it'll work even though 2/3 of the episodes will be "case of the week" only.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The basic concept of the show is full on bullshit to the extent that I can't enjoy watching it.

Banned.

BG Level

The first episode was somewhat enjoyable but it became increasingly obvious that it was heading into becoming a typical police procedural, which I loathe. The second episode confirmed my fears and was too boring to watch.

That and the whole "Access the 90% of your brain you don't use!" trope is played out and cringe-worthy at this point

BG Level

I can totally understand not wanting yet another police procedural type, and that's a valid criticism. However, the Person of Interest/Blacklist "clones" are the thing this season. See: Minority Report, Limitless, The Player (sorta), and Blindspot.

Personally, I'll go easy on this series because they're basically continuing on a concept that was on the big screen years back, and isn't trash like the MR series. The whole "90%" thing, well, I honestly don't know how common a trope that is. There's obviously the film which this series is based on, and a more recent movie, Lucy that come to mind. Was there this criticism when Limitless the movie happened? If so, fine.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Minority Report is a movie from like 2002, so not reallllly clone.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Was there this criticism when Limitless the movie happened? If so, fine.
    I remember everyone pretty much loving it sans maybe the lame cop-out ending. It was the first story in recent history to do the whole "access X% of brain" angle at the time it was released. At least the only one I can recall.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Minority Report is a movie from like 2002, so not reallllly clone.
    Well, yeah. "Clone" probably wasn't the proper term, but moreso that a lot of these shows are going to be a similar mold to PoI and Blacklist to some degrees. Maybe that's the new thing. Several years back, it was like every new show had to be a new take (or a spin-off) from CSI-types, before that, Law and Order/NYPD Blue types, before that, etc. ER wasn't the first hospital drama, but once that show became huge, networks weren't afraid to try doing similar shows.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

So you're saying procedural drama lol, thats like every show on cbs.

BG Level

True. But like you said, that's expected. Either that's something that interests you or something you'll stay far away. Really I'm not sure what shows on CBS I've watched regularly in the past 5+ years. I've mostly been watching cable/premium shows or a few here and there from ABC/NBC I think. Oh, there's Empire too, but that's one of the few redeeming things on FOX.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

id enjoy it more if the main chick was hot

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I also watched the movie, and loved it. If this is really as good as movie then it is worth to watch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast