+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: more magic testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    The various tiers of distract and frazzle formulas seem to match. Frazzle III probably has the same numbers as Distract III. It's interesting that enfeebling skill has an effect. When SE released Distract and Frazzle I and II they stated that potency was affected by both dmnd and enfeebling skill. But testing didn't seem to support enfeebling skill. Is it possible there is an effect on t1 and t2, but it has a cap and that cap is below the skill you'd expect from a level 99, so no one noticed?
    I honestly only remember them saying mnd so when I tested t1/2 I only varied that. I suppose skill might play a part.

As far as this vs geo now that I think about it this spell isn't that crazy to compare. If acc is an issue the geo can sub rdm to get 40 and i dont think alot of geo spells have been retested for awhile with new skill gear so the real max difference is a bit smaller. Plus the odds of you hitting capped dmnd and max enfeeble skill set or even at all on something strong is pretty unlikely. Combined witht the saboteur gimp on nms I think geo will still better at helping acc with just non sp jas

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

you'd never use max enfeeble as empy body provides more of a benefit for only a slight decrease in magic acc. All the other slots pretty much the best is to go with the max enfeeble (feet max enfeeble is Spurrina, but most would probably go with relic feet as they are only one less enfeebling skill, but provide way more MND and magic acc). Also, Distract is -35, not -40; but that's just nitpicking on my part. Looking at my normal enfeebling set, I have 561 Enfeebling skill (still need to get those awesome Psycloth Lappas), +110 magic acc, +228 magic acc skill, and if I were to use Gain-MND I would be looking at 279 MND. Now this is with me wielding my Murgleis (I refuse to use staves, RDM is a magic swordsman dammit!), someone wielding a staff with MND on it could get even more. When you take into account Frazzle 3, I don't think magic acc is going to be an issue on 99.999% of things.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Would Relic Feet work better than Ux boots with MND augment?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ux boots will give more, but you need to be willing to accept the hit in magic acc.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I honestly only remember them saying mnd so when I tested t1/2 I only varied that. I suppose skill might play a part.
    from freshly picked vana'diel 9

"The effect for Distract II and Frazzle II will increase depending on how much MND and enfeebling magic skill you have. At the maximum, each spell will reduce physical evasion and magical damage, respectively, by 50. "

Of course they meant magic evasion, not damage there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    you'd never use max enfeeble as empy body provides more of a benefit for only a slight decrease in magic acc. All the other slots pretty much the best is to go with the max enfeeble (feet max enfeeble is Spurrina, but most would probably go with relic feet as they are only one less enfeebling skill, but provide way more MND and magic acc). Also, Distract is -35, not -40; but that's just nitpicking on my part. Looking at my normal enfeebling set, I have 561 Enfeebling skill (still need to get those awesome Psycloth Lappas), +110 magic acc, +228 magic acc skill, and if I were to use Gain-MND I would be looking at 279 MND. Now this is with me wielding my Murgleis (I refuse to use staves, RDM is a magic swordsman dammit!), someone wielding a staff with MND on it could get even more. When you take into account Frazzle 3, I don't think magic acc is going to be an issue on 99.999% of things.
    Not bad... the problem I think is the whole high lvl mobs having ridiculously high stats so getting capped dmnd is going to be tough and even if it wasn't all my other points about sab and /rdm (albeit 5 less -eva) still exist. Spells good but it's not like they broke rdm

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ux boots will give more, but you need to be willing to accept the hit in magic acc.
    I am getting conflciting reports that ux boots isnt affecting distract 3 (according to a friend)

Oh Protey, I forgot to ask, but does Addle II overwrite pining nocturne?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by errantfish View Post
    Oh Protey, I forgot to ask, but does Addle II overwrite pining nocturne?
    yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I am getting conflciting reports that ux boots isnt affecting distract 3 (according to a friend)
    will test in the morning.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yes.
    What about the other way around does pining overwrite addle 2?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What about the other way around does pining overwrite addle 2?
    no.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

rdm is good for something again? This must be a glitch
    It still needs capped gifts though, how many people have rdm with capped gifts?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    It still needs capped gifts though, how many people have rdm with capped gifts?
    how many people have rdm even geared lol (i mean properly)?

80% of the geo sch blm base doesnt even have a proper nukeing built (yes even blms...), let alone a debuff set. I doubt that even 10% of the rdms have a debuff and nukeing set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

80% of the geo sch blm base doesnt even have a proper nukeing built (yes even blms...), let alone a debuff set. I doubt that even 10% of the rdms have a debuff and nukeing set.
    I used to back in the day... kind of had to for all those crazy rdm solos. But then SE made debuffs so lackluster

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

ok, just did the test:

target's base evasion: 532
    enfeebling skill 453, dMND=0, no boots: target's evasion = 482
    enfeebling skill 453, dMND=0, boots: target's evasion = 480

I suspect your friend's test was flawed and he didn't account for changes in dMND.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

debuff set for RDM is not hard. relic head, empy body/hands/legs, relic feet. ghostfyre or refractive cape, weike/enfeebling torque or Imbodla necklace , can do a poor man's penitent's rope or casso sash if having trouble getting rumination sash, psystorm/lifestorm earrings, Irrwisch ring, globidonta ring (or if can't get in Incursion, can use crafted ring, weatherspoon ring, or even sparks ring), if can't get quartz tathlum +1 then aureole, oreiad's tathlum, or plumose sachet.

A decent debuff set for RDM does not take much time to put together. especially since one can go into dyna and abyssea whenever you want to get the base pieces. If one for some reason can't get those delve earrings, then one can get crafted earrings or aredan earring, or even sparks earring.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

debuff set for RDM is not hard. relic head, empy body/hands/legs, relic feet. ghostfyre or refractive cape, weike/enfeebling torque or Imbodla necklace , can do a poor man's penitent's rope or casso sash if having trouble getting rumination sash, psystorm/lifestorm earrings, Irrwisch ring, globidonta ring (or if can't get in Incursion, can use crafted ring, weatherspoon ring, or even sparks ring), if can't get quartz tathlum +1 then aureole, oreiad's tathlum, or plumose sachet.

A decent debuff set for RDM does not take much time to put together. especially since one can go into dyna and abyssea whenever you want to get the base pieces. If one for some reason can't get those delve earrings, then one can get crafted earrings or aredan earring, or even sparks earring.
    I rather meant how many RDMS have all the sets needed, debuff set is only 1 of manys.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Just hit RDM 550JP myself and noticed Distract III icon color is ice, and the symbol different from I and II (Their element color seems to be wind too) probably unrelated to their effect since all share the same description, but still funny. Never had a RDM with GEO in the same pt for the most part, do their enfeebles stack, like Langour with Frazzle II/III?

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Seol View Post
    Just hit RDM 550JP myself and noticed Distract III icon color is ice, and the symbol different from I and II (Their element color seems to be wind too) probably unrelated to their effect since all share the same description, but still funny.
    ? Distract I and II are ice for me...

Never had a RDM with GEO in the same pt for the most part, do their enfeebles stack, like Langour with Frazzle II/III?
    Geo buffs stack with everything except other copies of the same geo-buff.