Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vafruvant View Post
    -10% DT, near-immunity to Stun, absolutely absurd stats for two slots, and Meteor? Stop trolling, SE!
    I was leaning to think that despite the description this might occupy more than 2 slots.
    Body+legs+feet at least. Not head and maybe not hands.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    we got a list of new mog garden cheers?
    Yeah, can anybody mine those please? I'm curious to see what we got.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Warusha View Post
    I can't post a screenshot, but my first aspir III was 930 mp haha. Looks like I'll be using cascade for tp bonus spells.
    I cheated and used Xsaeta I. I don't want people to be upset that their numbers are short. I was bouncing between 500 and 800 before my reive ran out of mp.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Maybe legwear means legs+feet.

edit: says leggear, not legwear, someone typo'd. but still, why not just say legs?
    Definitely plausible. The stats are still kind of OP for 3 slots, though. If we look at DEF alone, body is usually ~140, legs ~110, feet ~75, which adds up to 325, and hands are generally ~95 which would put us at 420 total. If it is 4 slots, the rest of the stats are weak and not worth using regularly compared to what you can get for (presumably much less hassle) in Alluvion armor.

Edit: Also, SE descriptions always use the slot+gear to describe the locked slot: Twilight Cloak (headgear) Benedight Coat/Hose (handgear/footgear, respectively).

Campaign
    BG Level

Was wondering about gear... is the list we got all gear we can get from the FIRST zone?
    Sounds a bit strange.
    What they gonna add next then? This is the sort of list I would expect from multiple zones, not a single one.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    What they gonna add next then?
    Since we're guessing, put me down for part 2 being non-cape JSE accessories and part 3 being AF4.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Epeolatry RUNs will be happy! [/sarcasm]

Dunno, it's nice, but with the amount of type a RUN spends meleeing it looks more useful for DDing than for tanking, granted that it's a nice addition regardless.
    Any chance to see a list of all gifts for all jobs?
    Did they really unlock categories to 20?
    To me, the more impressive RUN stuff are the two new JPs. Gambit duration +1 second JP is really nice if you're weakening mobs to a particular element for a team of nukers, 10 extra seconds is nothing to scoff at when it helps everyone in the entire alliance. One For All (which is an AoE party Magic Shield effect) duration +1 sec per JP is also a pretty powerful party defense buff. Not that I wouldn't enjoy messing around with Temper in my DD set, but 550 JP is gonna take a good long while...

PUP getting Martial Arts -2 JPs is pretty eye popping too (and about time for a strong PUP JP, the first six were truly awful). Even with 10/10 that's still +20 delay over a MNK's base delay (PUP gets MA V trait, MNK gets MA VII)... but PUP has access to a lot more good MA gear (some standouts are Cirque Necklace -10, JSE cape up to -20, Empyrean 109/119 legs -10/-11), so should be pretty easy to get lower delay than MNKs.

Campaign
    BG Level

But stuff like MA and DW (MNK gets some MA too, DNC gets DW etc) are kinda double edged swords.
    When you're superbuffed having additional MA/DW permanent buffs that you can't remove is actually going to hurt your dps, not improve it.
    Not saying I don't like those but I kinda have mixed feelings about it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

So they delayed Ardor, said they would change it to a debuff so that RDM wont have to cast on everyone, and then finally just renamed it something else and made it a buff still, almost exactly as it was originally but requiring various weapon types to be used?

A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    So they delayed Ardor, said they would change it to a debuff so that RDM wont have to cast on everyone, and then finally just renamed it something else and made it a buff still, almost exactly as it was originally but requiring various weapon types to be used?
    Nope, it's a debuff:
    Increases skillchain damage received based on the number of different weapon type weapon skills used.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

But stuff like MA and DW (MNK gets some MA too, DNC gets DW etc) are kinda double edged swords.
    When you're superbuffed having additional MA/DW permanent buffs that you can't remove is actually going to hurt your dps, not improve it.
    Not saying I don't like those but I kinda have mixed feelings about it.
    Yeah, but don't forget that it's MUCH harder for H2H users to hit delay reduction cap (-96 delay) than it is for DW jobs.

For a non Kenkonken PUP (KKK has a gigantic MA-50 as well as incredibly low base delay), you likely still won't hit cap even with capped magic and equipment haste, 10/10 JP, 550 gift, and all the MA gear you can equip. With Haste Samba you can do it, but even that's not a given (using +96 delay Tinhaspa as an example, you'd still need ~MA-30 gear to cap with /DNC or DNC Trust non-merited Haste Samba). It does matter to me since I do have KKK... but even so, it's basically just a matter of not wearing additional MA equipment if I'm getting capped magical haste (or specifically requesting no haste if for some reason you're still getting Marches and Haste Samba).

For a MNK using, say, Ohrmazd (delay+130)... you won't cap delay with capped magical haste, capped gear haste, maximum available MA gear, and non-merited Haste Samba. Need a DNC main with 5/5 Samba to pull it off, period.

For DW I'm with ya though, I laughed at DNC and THF getting DW-5% for a 550 gift. H2H is obviously MUCH harder to hit delay cap than it is for the NIN DNC THF BLU types... I can cap delay reduction on THF with ZERO magical haste, just through DW traits and available gear. NIN you have to be really careful not to use DW gear when getting buffs (capped magical haste = you're already almost capped delay reduction, just need DW-1 in gear).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can someone tell me what the Ninja gifts are? 8 hours left on download =|

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Dear Diary, today I maxed Caper Emisarius JobPoints and it was a good day.

Unlocked final Gift for SCH and it does what it says. Strategem refill duration now 33 seconds down from 48. SCH made out like a fucking bandit in the Gifts.

Also strange how JUST before the final gift you get another +23% bonus to CP. I really hope that means we get to 20/20 these categories soon. Did some solo CP testing with double campaign, +50% ring, 46% cape, Qultada COR roll, all reives, all gift CP bonus:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Dear Diary, today I maxed Caper Emisarius JobPoints and it was a good day.

Unlocked final Gift for SCH and it does what it says. Strategem refill duration now 33 seconds down from 48. SCH made out like a fucking bandit in the Gifts.

Also strange how JUST before the final gift you get another +23% bonus to CP. I really hope that means we get to 20/20 these categories soon. Did some solo CP testing with double campaign, +50% ring, 46% cape, Qultada COR roll, all reives, all gift CP bonus:
    There's a 150% ring in the dats too.. Guessing it's from the 13th anniversary campaign. But imagine 10,820 CP per mob.. /drool

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by kamugi View Post
    Can someone tell me what the Ninja gifts are? 8 hours left on download =|
    550JP one is kinda lame, Ninjutsu Effect duration +10%. The more interesting one is at 500: Daken chance +3%.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Hmm not sure why but i had read that originally with an extra word in that description and it didnt make sense with the "recieved" to me (reading fail). I think in my head since it was White magic instead of Black it had to be a buff instead of an enfeeble lol. Yea I know White Magic has enfeebs, it just wasnt gelling in my head.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

230 online on Phoenix and dyn currency prices already taking a dive. Found a bunch half-off normal price.

edit: alex too, it seems. folks dont waste time

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Mog Garden Cheers:
    Spoiler: show

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a coeurl cub.
    Increases agility by 2 and alter ego attack and ranged attack by 3%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a coeurl.
    Confers an experience point bonus of 3%, increases agility by 3, and increases alter ego attack and ranged attack by 5%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a lynx.
    Confers a capacity point bonus of 3%, increases agility by 3, and increases alter ego attack and ranged attack by 5%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a buffalo calf.
    Increases vitality by 2 and alter ego defense by 3%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a buffalo.
    Confers a capacity point bonus of 3%, increases vitality by 3, and increases alter ego defense by 5%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a mini slime.
    Increases strength by 2 and alter ego accuracy and ranged accuracy by 3%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a slime.
    Confers a capacity point bonus of 3%, increases strength by 3, and increases alter ego accuracy and ranged accuracy by 5%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a clot.
    Confers a capacity point bonus of 3%, increases strength by 3, and increases alter ego attack and ranged attack by 5%.

A cheer from Chacharoon based on the pleasant memories of raising a hecteyes.
    Confers a capacity point bonus of 5%, increases intelligence by 3, and increases alter ego magic attack by 8.

Time to go for a Hecteyes!

Campaign
    BG Level

ARGH! New cheer! ><
    Guess it requires to get Hecteye, which is gonna be one of the possible evolutions of Slime.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

With the ridiculousness of this key item, I hope one of the future one removes the cap on all merits, because at this point, why the fuck not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast