BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    It does feel a bit slapdash, thrown together. Felt like maybe they'd already created a Siren asset a while ago and never got around to implementing it so they just stuck it in so the work wouldn't go to waste. One thing that occurred to me recently was that if the dev of xi relied on ps2 dev units - wouldn't a ps2 emulator be able to do the trick? Guess it's probably a legal gray area they just don't wanna fuck with.
    not only that but escha zitah feals slaped together too. there seems no big thought process behind it. slap an old zone, make it grey, introduce some armor, slap in underwhelming/underlvld mobs, and introduce the delve armor upgrade system. Its garbage. i was looking forward to new CP camps or so, but this feels such a waste of everything...

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    disappointing is an overstatement considering how much the dev team hyped the story ¬.¬, this is utter garbage we got now
    What did you expect. They started working on RoV in November lol. We're in May now :D
    Were you guys expecting anything other than nonsensical shit full of retcons? :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    What did you expect. They started working on RoV in November lol. We're in May now :D
    Were you guys expecting anything other than nonsensical shit full of retcons? :D
    no but, not even the main event of this update is thought out well... its like full of fail atm unless there is a way to instantly make all escha zitah mobs ilvl 125+ and good CP areas its just FAIL. good lord why cater to fuckign lvl 75 people with the main event too....

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

As a returning player with a fresh account, what is the minimum level required to start/complete these missions successfully?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

good lord why cater to fuckign lvl 75 people with the main event too....
    cmon you know the answer to that. they want it to appeal to folks who'd put the game down years ago and forgotten about it. they want folks to come back, be it ever-so-briefly or only during a play-for-free period. maybe they'll score some extra paid subscriptions on it, but i'd wager a large part of it is to gather analytics data about usage/interest for the mobile stuff they're doing so they can spec that out accordingly. and if it's not, then it should be... but cmon, this is SE we're talking about here, they'll screw up anything.

Campaign
    BG Level

no but, not even the main event of this update is thought out well... its like full of fail atm unless there is a way to instantly make all escha zitah mobs ilvl 125+ and good CP areas its just FAIL. good lord why cater to fuckign lvl 75 people with the main event too....
    Damane I'm not sayin this is not fail (it is).
    I just asked what were you expecting?

As much as it's shit, it's nothing different from what I was expecting and from what they TOLD us it would have been. Not like they didn't warn us it would've cathered to low level people and not like people didn't whine because of that.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Thanix View Post
    As a returning player with a fresh account, what is the minimum level required to start/complete these missions successfully?
    They say you can start at level 3. But some of the pre-reqs will require a higher level - like navigating through Qufim and SSG/Yuhtunga and the whole Shadow Lord fight thing. It takes less than a day to level up to something decent (60? 75? just shoot for 99 while you're at it) and there's a bunch of running around for the pre-reqs. I'd think a fresh character could get done with these new missions in maybe 2-3 days, depending on how much time you want to put into it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is there a list of what each Rhapsody does?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    They say you can start at level 3. But some of the pre-reqs will require a higher level - like navigating through Qufim and SSG/Yuhtunga and the whole Shadow Lord fight thing. It takes less than a day to level up to something decent (60? 75? just shoot for 99 while you're at it) and there's a bunch of running around for the pre-reqs. I'd think a fresh character could get done with these new missions in maybe 2-3 days, depending on how much time you want to put into it.
    Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply. Right now I've just been going about trying to unlock things (i.e. my Khazam airship pass to unlock Samurai). Is that a waste of time for now or should I be focusing my efforts elsewhere?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Is there a list of what each Rhapsody does?
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Thanks, I must have skipped a section there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Thanix View Post
    Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply. Right now I've just been going about trying to unlock things (i.e. my Khazam airship pass to unlock Samurai). Is that a waste of time for now or should I be focusing my efforts elsewhere?
    Can't tell you what's a waste of time because I don't know how you value your time nor what you consider to be fun.

@firedemon, rhapsody effects are here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/46977

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well it was obvious the missions were going to be super easy/fast for this part since they said it was going to be lvl60ish wich is why I was dissapointed back then, I enjoyed them kinda

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well that took all of 3 hours most of the time spent because there were dozens of people trying to fight the nms. See you in August I guess.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm not talking about difficulty. The amount is just so low considering these are the last we're getting...I really hope next two batches are bigger .-.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spoilerish question I guess.

Spoiler: show
    Is Lion dead? Or just incorporeal? I DCed during the CS at the crag, so to see what I missed I checked the goblin footprint. There's two entries for the same CS with very slightly different text. One is obviously pre-end of Zilart where she's got her normal hume model, the second she's glowing and is see-through, and rather than walk away at the end like in the first CS, she just fades away.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Spoilerish question I guess.
    Spoiler: show
    Lion has been alive and recovering in Norg since Apocalypse Nigh (but is still suffering from nightmares, aka CoP Dynamis). In the cutscene, her desire to help you manifests as the Lion II trust cipher.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not impressed by this, not so far at least. Too few missions, new zone is AWFUL - why grey? Why not just really really pale colours? Feels like the whole thing was slapped together in 5 minutes, no effort put into it whatsoever.

(The nms I've encountered so far are kinda nasty though, not solo-friendly.)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

the mission after the sea serpent's grotto.
    1-15, impurity... where do I go?

I tried home nation, norg, gilgamesh, yuhtunga.

EDIT: 1-15 Impurity
    *check the ??? at (F-11) in Yuhtunga Jungle.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Run outside of SSG and there's another sparkling ??? not too far away from the entrance on the edge of a pond.