BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taruto Shippuden
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    ...annoying DNC that took hours to kill NMs.
    Not if you were...

Joking aside, would the Siren fight be better executed with a +1 in your party or just loltrusts?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Before Abyssea people would team up for everything because you had no choice. Once Abyssea came out, suddenly it became a solo-with-mules game and people wouldn't even acknowledge your existence if you asked to team up, because it meant less for them.
    The aspects of Abyssea that encouraged that were extensions of the same things that pitted LSes against one another in the Aery, or saw people rush to enter Dynamis before another group could, or push an inferior merit party out, etc. There's always been a "me and mine" mentality in FFXI, all later additions have done is allow that to shrink to "me and my mules". Everything about limited drops, lowered benefits as you add party/alliance members, and so on drives people to do content with the minimum required. Even before that, people were doing what was once alliance content with a party, or trio, if they could, because that's what the game design favored.

Abyssea XP/merits are pretty much the exact thing you're saying it discouraged - people show up, flag up, and get in an alliance if there's room. People grabbed whoever was there for Empyrean weapon trials, etc. Just saying, that's new-er school FFXI, where at least -some- of it actually is the more the merrier. So, to me, it makes little sense as something to blame in this instance.

Siren fight is probably fine with more as long as you're all in charm range, or just all use pets.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The aspects of Abyssea that encouraged that were extensions of the same things that pitted LSes against one another in the Aery, or saw people rush to enter Dynamis before another group could, or push an inferior merit party out, etc. There's always been a "me and mine" mentality in FFXI, all later additions have done is allow that to shrink to "me and my mules". Everything about limited drops, lowered benefits as you add party/alliance members, and so on drives people to do content with the minimum required. Even before that, people were doing what was once alliance content with a party, or trio, if they could, because that's what the game design favored.

Abyssea XP/merits are pretty much the exact thing you're saying it discouraged - people show up, flag up, and get in an alliance if there's room. People grabbed whoever was there for Empyrean weapon trials, etc. Just saying, that's new-er school FFXI, where at least -some- of it actually is the more the merrier. So, to me, it makes little sense as something to blame in this instance.

Siren fight is probably fine with more as long as you're all in charm range, or just all use pets.
    Id say there has been content here and there that wasnt me-me-me reliant.

Voidwatch had literally 0 down side to inviting friends. Magian trials of 'kill x mobs' or 'ws x times' had no downside to inviting friends either.

We need more content like that. Where teaming up is a good thing, not a bad.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, and that's largely Abyssea-era content.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I just started these on Mule to see what KI you get if you havent got a Subjob yet.

After completing the First fetch quest for Selbina or Mhaura during the CS with Gilgamesh you'll get a Temp KI named "Gilgamesh's Introductory letter" you are told before leaving for Norg you should go talk to Vera (I did this in Mhaura) I went and talked to Vera and she gave me the cold shoulder so i think it only works if your high enough to start subjob quest. I was able to head to Norg at lvl 14 no sub, never been to jeuno or anything. I could take the ship to Selbina or Mhaura so you never need to ride ferry again unless you want to fish...

Edit: got lvl 18 talked to Vera, she asked for the normal items and also said She'd take a "Gilgamesh's Introductory letter" if I could get my hands on one. I talked to her again since I already had the KI and that completed the quest.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

can you continue Rhapsodies if you have no subjob? or are you stuck at that point?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is it not just based on rank?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    can you continue Rhapsodies if you have no subjob? or are you stuck at that point?
    I didnt check if i could continue before geting sub but I was mostly finding out what the KI for subjob was. They didn't say I had to talk to Vera, just that the reward the town leader gave me was a good reward and I should talk to Vera to learn more.

My taru mule hasn't even talked to NPCs in home nation to start missions. And has only done the Trust quest. After talking to Glgamesh he says I should find Lion if I want to find out whats going on, "A bit of a tomboy, that one" she ran off and she's looking into the beastmen, i should go do my mission in home nations and i'll run into her eventually

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

For the first cutscene the has Lion in it, you have to be Rank 3 to trigger it. And mission 1-12? requires Shadow Lord win. Sub-job shouldn't be a requirement since you can attain those ranks without it, but it seems like they added that letter KI for returning players so they don't have to farm the sj items.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    but it seems like they added that letter KI for returning players so they don't have to farm the sj items.
    Thats what i wanted to test out, they said you'll get a KI for subjobs by doing the missions i just wanted to find out how far you had to get in order to recieve said KI

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    Thats what i wanted to test out, they said you'll get a KI for subjobs by doing the missions i just wanted to find out how far you had to get in order to recieve said KI
    It's about as early as one would expect, were you able to travel to norg on the boat? If so, that circumvents the Kazham key requirement to get to Elshimo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    It's about as early as one would expect, were you able to travel to norg on the boat? If so, that circumvents the Kazham key requirement to get to Elshimo.
    Went to norq, for free. I should run to Kazham and see if they let me use airship to get to Jeuno. since i've never done anything for it.

Did they just make the boat ride between Norg and Selbina faster than an airship between Kazham and Jueno?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

if you dont get lost in jungle yes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Skilled up sword on a mule to see how the combat skill gain increase from the KI was, and it seems to increase the rate you get a skill and the occurrence of .4/.5. While it isn't omg broken instant capped skill, it has evened out the rates a bit. Also, iirc after a certain skill level you would only see .1-.3? Have gotten .5s at 400+.

Rough counts just doing find,
    Started at skill 25 ended at skill 174 before I got tired. No Sakura, No food, No earring, but I did have the sparks band on.
    518 skill increases
    0.1 increase 120
    0.2 increase 103
    0.3 increase 106
    0.4 increase 99
    0.5 increase 90

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

You can get .5s all the way to cap. Crafting is the only thing where you get stuck with .1s after a certain point. .5s are more common the higher level the mob is compared to your skill range. Anyway the KI gives +100% skill ups or double the base rate. With kupowers all being active during the event now's the time to skill up if you've been putting it off and don't just want to spam books from sparks.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know if exp bonuses from the KIs apply in abyssea?

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Anyone know if exp bonuses from the KIs apply in abyssea?
    as far as i know thay do not

Only applies to "traditional" exping, as Abyssea's system is completely separated from that.

45 merits is almost effortless in Adoulin now. (Hey, gotta use em for the endless Ouyru spamming my LSmates pull.)

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Talk to Gilgamesh, then zone in to Delkfutt Lower, then Ru'Lude's big building, then Port Jeuno.

Then even though it says Lower Jeuno, go to the Marble Bridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast