Closed Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My taxi driver just said he likes west cost "roahp" which took me a secord to understand as rap.

I sarcastically said "Kanye?"
    And get
    "Pssshhh, nah, terrible"
    He goes "ice cube, dre, snoop"

I pause and grin with a "fuck tha police comin straight from the underground. Nigga can't get no love cause he's brown"

"Yes!! Yes, very good, yes?"

Oh Paris I'll miss you.

Time to catch a train!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Aksannyi View Post
    CS and his fitness exploits remind me that we should try to do another fitness comp. I'm not really in any better shape than I was last year (or the year before, sensing a pattern here?) but I'm still trying, I guess. Some would say I'm not trying hard enough, but those are the people in my life who have literally never been overweight so they don't know how difficult it actually is to lose weight. Maintenance is much easier, I know because before I had my kids that's what I was doing.

I did set a goal to lose 10 lbs by the end of this month and I'm about 4 down (haven't weighed in a few days) so that's something, but I need to do more.
    I'd love another fitness comp thing. Maybe starting June 1? I'm moving this Friday and would love to try to create some new habits to go with new job/new town/hopefully new friends/etc.

Was in Amsterdam yesterday. There are a lot of bikes there, and it blew my mind that almost none of them have hand brakes - they have to pedal backwards to brake.

http://netherlandsbynumbers.com/2013...-using-s-bike/

I'd never seen that.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Edit: nvm wrong type of bike

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I only managed to read the first three posts before being utterly repelled, but I think this thread is a great idea as long as it stops stupid LJ posts from showing up elsewhere.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I'd love another fitness comp thing. Maybe starting June 1? I'm moving this Friday and would love to try to create some new habits to go with new job/new town/hopefully new friends/etc.
    I'm game this time around. I want to get ready to do a 10km run in the fall again this year.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Was in Amsterdam yesterday. There are a lot of bikes there, and it blew my mind that almost none of them have hand brakes - they have to pedal backwards to brake..
    My brother went there something like 15 years ago for a college/school thing. He found out the hard way when he was pedalling home one night - he was drunk and couldn't figure out how to stop and crashed the bike. He came home a few days later and found out that he'd fractured his leg after walking around on it for those few days.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Conformity getting banned was the worst thing ever lol. His facebook is gold

Taking a picture in front of your company's logo and putting it on Facebook is the 1800s version of a slave getting his picture taken with his master, nailing it to their forehead, and returning to the fields.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Was in Amsterdam yesterday. There are a lot of bikes there, and it blew my mind that almost none of them have hand brakes - they have to pedal backwards to brake.

http://netherlandsbynumbers.com/2013...-using-s-bike/

I'd never seen that.
    My old Magna somethingorother had pedal brakes. This was probably 15+ years ago at this point, though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How did none of you grow up with pedal brake bikes? I think all single speed bikes have pedal brakes for the rear.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Well depends. If it's just single speed, no. If it's fixed geared, yes. Fixed gear is pretty much what all the hipsters in my area ride

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    How did none of you grow up with pedal brake bikes? I think all single speed bikes have pedal brakes for the rear.
    Yeah I didn't get handlebar brakes until I was about 12 or so. I remember getting my first handlebar brake bike and just spinning the pedals backward because it was such a novelty to me lol.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Assuming no medical conditions, it really does come down to not trying hard enough. I've hit every point in the spectrum aside from the 2 extremes (Anorexic/Obese). I've been tiny. I've been fat. I've been in the middle. I've different types of muscular (high body fat muscular; lean/muscular).

If you have a bad back, bad knees, documented thyroid issue, etc. That said, if you're not getting the results YOU WANT, bar what I just mentioned, then you truly aren't trying hard enough. Key word is YOU. If you're exercising and haven't met someone else's standards, fuck them. If you're not meeting your own standards though you just gotta own up to that shit really.
    This is correct. I'm down for a BG Fitness comp.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I only managed to read the first three posts before being utterly repelled, but I think this thread is a great idea as long as it stops stupid LJ posts from showing up elsewhere.

They probably would. That was the idea, but what is wrong with blabbering about life? We just needed a place to bullshit around.

By the way, remember that getting on a train thing? 3 hour ride became 8.5 due to the situation going to shit. Idk if my fails are special enough, but I guess I should throw it there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Coaster brakes were the best growing up. Nothing could skid through gravel like those could. My first "adult" bike was such a let down when I couldn't do that anymore.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    This is correct. I'm down for a BG Fitness comp.
    Ya I kinda broke some vertebrae and lost all interest in updating that comp last time.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

How does steven hawking refresh after a long day?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    F5

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Coaster brakes were the best growing up. Nothing could skid through gravel like those could. My first "adult" bike was such a let down when I couldn't do that anymore.
    I never really had an issue skidding on my bike when I did eventually get hand breaks. I actually found it easy to use the hand breaks.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Spoiler: show
    F5