+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Any way to fix my Nissan Bluetooth?

So I have a rogue that has a Bluetooth system in it for hands free calling (I have an iPhone). When I first got it, I could give the command "call (name)" and it worked flawlessly. Then one day it no longer worked. I can still use every command with it. I can even call someone by saying a phone number. It just flat out doesn't recognize names. This was months ago, and I had read somewhere that one of the iOS updates messed this up for a lot of cars. I can't seem to find any fix to this. Hubby suggested today that maybe my car's system has an update, but I can't figure out how to do that.

Any ideas?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Id Google your car make and model + firmware. There'd be instructions if you can (because, but =>), but you probably have the USB behind the unit if it has one and it's not like you are going to take it out. I'd clear the saved Bluetooth out of it in the phone and the unit which it should have a menu for.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm pretty sure it has to do with Apple CarPlay. Try this.

1) Go to General > Restrictions > Carplay -- Make sure Carplay is DISABLED. (The new IOS 8 enables this on default)

2) Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Id Google your car make and model + firmware. There'd be instructions if you can (because, but =>), but you probably have the USB behind the unit if it has one and it's not like you are going to take it out. I'd clear the saved Bluetooth out of it in the phone and the unit which it should have a menu for.
    All the instructions are how to update the navigation maps, which my car doesn't have in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafai View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with Apple CarPlay. Try this.

1) Go to General > Restrictions > Carplay -- Make sure Carplay is DISABLED. (The new IOS 8 enables this on default)

2) Go to General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    Hmm, going to try this, I'll let you know when I go in the car tomorrow if it works!

As an aside, this reminded me. I have an issue when I get in the car, iTunes automatically wants to play. Will this stop it? Or will something else?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    All the instructions are how to update the navigation maps, which my car doesn't have in the first place.

Hmm, going to try this, I'll let you know when I go in the car tomorrow if it works!

As an aside, this reminded me. I have an issue when I get in the car, iTunes automatically wants to play. Will this stop it? Or will something else?
    did it work?