Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Adventuring Fellows: 119 Escha Edition

So, I don't know when this happened, but at some point in time I guess SE raised level cap of fellows to 99 and gave them the iLvl benefit akin to beast pets/trusts?

Has anyone gotten their fellow to 99 and can confirm how they perform at ilvl 119?

Is their lvl set by your gear when you call them, and what happens when you switch gear? Do we want to be at exactly 119 when we pop the pearl, or stay at 119 whole time they are out?

How does exping with 4 trusts + AF + pet feel? And what are we finding to be optimal set ups when we include our trust as a party mate?

I am finding little to no information on adventuring fellows, can they be summoned in skirmish? Hard mode battles?

If not, I think we should ask SE to let us summon AFs anywhere we can summon trusts. It makes sense, if you think about it. Maybe have a lv 99 quest for our fellow to do that enables this, so only lv 99 fellows can come with us to hard mode battles, skirmish, etc.

Since SE does seem to be moving to low man / solo content, adventuring fellows should be on the forefront along with trusts in terms of updates.

I'm very curious to see what kind of DPS a 119 fellow puts out, and what the best weapon is for us to choose for them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

AF still suck, unless it was ninja'ed in, in one of the last few updates, last time I called my AF, it didn't get buffs or cures from Trusts, you can still buff them if you are a mage/support job, but still I doubt they'll make or break anything.

It really would be nice if they were recoded into Trust-style summons that could benefit like everyone else in the "party".

4 Trusts + AF + you wouldn't be bad.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Given the plan to go to 5 trusts I doubt they will bother to make AF more like trusts

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

They couldn't even be assed to do the final limit break quest they said they were going to do for Fellows. They simply unlocked 99 after doing the 90 break as a quick fix. I doubt we'll ever see them touch fellows again and after you get yours to 99 there's no reason to ever call them again sadly. Most of the issue is the extreme limitations on where you can call them as well as how often. It was randomly changed to 6 hours instead of 20 but that still means once a day for most people. And 4 extra uses a week if you can be bothered to do the quest. Being unable to be cured or buffed by anyone but you is also a limiting factor and has always been that way, you can't cast on other peoples fellows even in the same party.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I used fellow when SMN soloing umbrils for basic buffs and backup heals without having to engage, but ever since they added Qultada you need to engage for Corsair's Roll. This made me realize even just Arciela is better at keeping you alive in emergencies than a Soothing Healer fellow.

They DID increase Fellow parameter in the same buff as Trusts got in May.

And TBH they're about the same depending on weapon. (Club or Staff Soothing Healer is almost better than most of the WHM trusts, all they lack are autorefresh, solace, and not following into melee range... all of which I think only Apururu does? idr)
    At least in terms of DD... they're the same. They're no Mayakov (literally the best Trust DD in terms of damage, and the most Fa~bu~lo~us to boot.)... but they're about the same as any other DD Trust.
    Tanking wise.......... they're about the same as any of the tanks that don't use sentinel. (so "meh" to "not very good")

The last I used mine was when they got the first "iLv" buff. (May was a further increase to bring them more in line with what players have for acc/atk/eva/def/etc when 119.... pretty sure the old iLv scale was to spark armor.)
    So I haven't used mine since, BUT given that they had the same acc/atk/eva/def/etc buff in May, they should be the same relativistic relation.
    Though I don't recall if they got the native enmity boost... so they may be inferior in that regard. Will have to check that sometime.

Even though I don't expect them to do anything like add sentinel to the tanking job or solace to soothing healer... (it shouldn't be too hard to do that either)
    It would be rather nice if they moved them out of "second pet" slot and into a "fake party" slot like Trusts use. (or at the VERY least move them UIwise)
    If only so we can friggen see their MP without text command.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

AF shoudl be seein As a party member as they dont take an official slot up they should be seen as a pet and yes i feel you SHOULD be able to call an automation AF and 5 trusts. its fair.

I'm not sure what you mean, but Fellows use party slots.
    They just display in the UI in the pet area.
    (though if we're being PERFECTLY succinct in terms of game mechanics... they use their own slot. Trusts do too. Each have their own unique "Fellow/Trust slot" that is only loaded when you spawn them. It's sorta like a phantom party slot that fills in a normal party slot. Akin to putting a box in a box.... though they could just have a total size limit in place... I think it would be simpler coding to just feed these "fake" slots into the "real" ones. But this is SE after all. And given that Fellows and Trusts are extremely similar in terms of party limits... It shouldn't be too hard to copypaste some UI code for Fellows from Trusts.)