1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 6 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 3 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lag during primetime hours

I re-subscribed a little over a month ago. The first couple of weeks I came back I did not have the issue I am now.

I am noticing for the last couple of weeks though. Starting at somewhere around 6-8 PM EST and lasting through the night a weird lag will start up. I'll be in dungeons and everything will start and stop a lot. It's really annoying and honestly makes shit unplayable. Some nights have it, some nights don't. Morning/afternoon hours seem to still be fine, but evening hours are 50/50.

Has anyone else been having this issue as me within the last couple of weeks?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

It could be many things, myself I haven't experienced any issues in any NA or JP data center during those hours. It is likely something to do with your ISP struggling to service its customers during those hours, many people getting on after school, work, ect. and are getting on and taking full advantage of their down/up loads and it's just something your ISP can't handle in the area you're in for any number of reasons.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I finally subbed to Battleping yesterday, but I'm also going to use this to go scream at Verizon over fixing the service.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I know it is probably obvious to most, but I was playing on wireless and during primetime the game was unplayable I had to put graphics to garbage setting to play at all(barely). Finally I routed a wire through to my laptop and now I can play on max setting again and have not had one lag issue since.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

pingzapper or something to that effect is worth a try

thought i was just fine, but having tried a tunneler, i was wrong. i don't think i'd want to play without one. makes connection much more reliable and smooth, especially when there's a lot of traffic.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Late last year my ISP had some hardware issues that pretty much acted just as you describe so for sure contact them. Mine made me jump thru all the testing hoops but once enough people in my area pestered them they realized it was my entire neighborhood they sent someone out and fixed it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Adding to the chorus, definitely give some sort of tunneling service a try. I use WTFast, but since they made it free my ping has gone to shit compared to how it was. It's still quite a bit better than nothing though. I had good results with PingZapper when I did their trial, so I'd suggest giving that a try if you're willing to pony up a few bucks a month.