+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Got a job at Microsoft     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Congrats! I'm in the Bay Area, but have actually seriously looked at moving to Raleigh in the next 2-3 years... the idea of actually being able to afford a house sounds so nice

Enjoy the great benefits! And likely the incoming recruiter spammail

Work at MS out of Bay Area? Yeah, houses here are affordable but getting a bit uppity imo.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Work at MS out of Bay Area? Yeah, houses here are affordable but getting a bit uppity imo.
    Not with MS, but a different "big-name" company

It seems like any time tech moves into an area, the housing gets a bit uppity. It's definitely causing pains - I WANT to use the money I make, but it all goes into rent. But then, at least you aren't at $3M yet for a typical 2bed/1bath

Quote Originally Posted by Cal View Post
    Not with MS, but a different "big-name" company

It seems like any time tech moves into an area, the housing gets a bit uppity. It's definitely causing pains - I WANT to use the money I make, but it all goes into rent. But then, at least you aren't at $3M yet for a typical 2bed/1bath
    lmao, no. But 2500-3500sq is costing around 500k.

So far this week...

Raleigh to Charlotte then Charlotte to Raleigh, then Raleigh to DC, then back to Raleigh, next week is a quite week at least then back to Charlotte lol.