Closed Thread
Page 50 of 157 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    How did you pronounce it? Like. Eh-Ther?
    Yeah, like in the name Heather. That whole time growing up I was recovering my MP incorrectly, my life was a sham.

Don't feel bad, I did it, too.

Wasn't until Xenosaga and hearing, "Open ether circuits!" a billion times where I thought maybe my take was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Don't feel bad, I did it, too.

Wasn't until Xenosaga and hearing, "Open ether circuits!" a billion times where I thought maybe my take was wrong.
    haha, this is exactly what happened to me too. XD

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fan...al-error-phase

Battle system in Trial and error phase. Command prompts may not be included in this version.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Prompts like "Knights of the Round" or prompts like the menu?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Since he said "..of the old days", one has to assume straight up ATB where you input commands directly into prompt.

What I guess is going to happen will be a combination of ATB (Final Fantasy pre-X) and CSB (Final Fantasy XIII). The team can't deviate too far from ATB, because the fans will HATE if the battle is centered upon just Cloud alone. People love VII battle in part due to allowing the input commands of multiple party members. I'm guessing what the development team is fighting with is maintaining some sort of ATB gauge while having free flowing movement of the characters while in battle and having a well fixed camera position when selecting commands per character.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2015/08/final-fan...al-error-phase

Battle system in Trial and error phase. Command prompts may not be included in this version.
    Mario RPG/Legend of Dragoon like attack bonuses would be great really.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What I would find interesting is how they deal with random encounters.

I also can see why they want to move away from pure ATB and Turn Based Combat. Considering how much graphics have evolved and matured, there's simply no longer a purpose for having ATB from the old ways -- one can't justify watching a battle where the good guys and the bad guys are taking turns wailing on each other in tandem. It just looks silly in this day and age. Fights have to be somewhat seamless now, where it's actually like a melee happening between both sides. Usually SE tries to meet ATB halfway, and you get combat systems like in XIII, XI/XIV, or XII, all of which center around the "central" character, with the emphasis taken off the party members, if not completely.

If Nomura can pull it off a perfect mash of turn based action, it will definitely be seen as a marvel in and of itself.

BG Level

I think what would be cool is an element that mixes them.

Imagine you're engaged in a fight where each party member is engaged with an enemy a la FFXI, with fighting actions every once in a while. Their active gauge fills up slowly.

When full, you have the option of performing an action as the camera centers on them.

Or they could just do like Wild Arms did and characters can move around while the battle is going on and you otherwise control them ATB style. Sometimes it meant they'd moved out of enemy attack range, other times they didn't. Further AI conditioning could be looked into. Then again, could just go Tales style, too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Or go Star Ocean style and let everyone fend for themselves unless you control them at the time.

BG Level

That's what I meant.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Well internally the dialog box that pops up at top and such is indeed also called the command prompt, so they could refer to that since good chance they don't want to waste memory (not that it'd be a problem..) on all of that. The menu (inputs) are also called command prompt, but I think it'd refer more to the dialog that displays.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Cmon Star Ocean / Tales style combat where characters shout out their techniques repeatedly for all to hear.

BRAVER
    BRAVER
    BRAVER
    CURAGA
    ALL RIGHT, TIME FOR A WATERKICK!

*victory fanfare*
    Good job everyone.
    Ain't no stoppin' us now
    Rr5$%$$#$ weakings!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I did like it in Eternal Sonata, all of these 'badass lines' then all of a sudden the chick yelling 'UNICORN HORRRRRN".

Good times.

Good times.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think what would be cool is an element that mixes them.

Imagine you're engaged in a fight where each party member is engaged with an enemy a la FFXI, with fighting actions every once in a while. Their active gauge fills up slowly.

When full, you have the option of performing an action as the camera centers on them.
    This is exactly how I envisioned how the remake should look. To the T, even. The camera essentially could zoom in and pan over to each individual character when issuing commands as well. "Attack" essentially could initiate an endless stream of auto attacks, whilst filling up a gauge for a new, special attack. Essentially this would mean magic and abilities could have a cast time (varying lengths, depending on the materia). Taking damage would fill the Limit Bar. Issuing a Limit Break would start up a cinematic, while summoning a summon would either have the classic "fade away of party members" or the even more reasonable animation of the party running away to a safe distance (ala-FFX) before the summon starts to wreck shit.

The concept of "Back Row" attacking would be changed, so where melee type characters would be unable to attack. Items would be instant and have no start up time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Cmon Star Ocean / Tales style combat where characters shout out their techniques repeatedly for all to hear.

BRAVER
    BRAVER
    BRAVER
    CURAGA
    ALL RIGHT, TIME FOR A WATERKICK!

*victory fanfare*
    Good job everyone.
    Ain't no stoppin' us now
    Rr5$%$$#$ weakings!
    All joking aside, modern Tales of games have already started to move away from this. They do still say 'things' everytime they use a move but its not always yelling the move name (though occasionally they still do). I think it started with Vesperia where a lot of times they do still say the move name but sometimes you'll hear them say stuff like "one more" "and another" and so on while attacking instead... they are gettin' better about that and I really hope Zestiria continues the trend. So even if SE went that route they wouldn't have to do it with characters just yelling the same lines repeatedly hah.

Real talk though, FFVII with a Tales battle system (especially if there was some way to keep Materia being as crazy as it is) would basically be a wet dream for me.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Anyone try ff7 for iOS?

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah, its exactly the same as the PS1 version with an opaque control overlay.

It feels so right

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why is it every time I go to replay FFVII my save file is always fucking gone. I've gone through disc 1 about a billion times.