Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm trying to realise it...shits just not sinking in! Overhyped doesn't even begin to cover it.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    So what sort of remake characteristics are people hoping for? Changing ATB? Enemies in the field? Additional characters? Extra content providing more of a view in the past and present since we have stories to link to? More subtle changes like additional materia, equipment, etc?

I'm hesitant to want/hope for anything personally. As fun as say, XV's fighting system is, or having enemies in the wild for you to strategically attack and avoid linking, or any of the myriad of other features that could be rattled off, I don't know if I want to see any of it touch VII.
    I don't want any of that shit changed.

They can make Yuffie and Vincent not optional. Leave the rest alone.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

The narration is obviously a nod to the fans.

What I loved about the trailer was how it was so purposely not FFVII the first 40-60 seconds or so, and then BAM! You get hit with a theme that was literally the beginning and ending of FFVII. Too fucking good. My hats off to SE. I can now easily forgive them tomorrow if nothing of the Crono series is announced.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Glad I have a PS4 now. I wonder if they'll have a FF7 Demo like they did for FF15.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

also kinda glad it didnt come out on ps3. tech demo looks ugly compared to this one

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If they announce Chrono tomorrow SE will literally be forgiven for every wrong they ever did.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i was not expecting this at all. i did think they'd eventually remake VII but on a smaller technical scale.. closer to the FFX HD remasters than this epic thing we have here. Of course, probably none of what we see in the trailer is actual "gameplay" footage.

a remaster on this level suggests new script, directed cutscenes as well as voice acting. in other words, the game will feel very different. visual presentation will differ if they're using 3D environments.. and the music will probably be more in line with the rest of the Compilation..

I also expect to see remasters/rereleases of the rest of the compilation.

...and seeing as this is a complete remake of a PS1 era FF.. i suppose it opens the possibility up for FF8 and 9. tho just a possibility. I still want to see my FFXII HD :\

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    If they announce Chrono tomorrow SE will literally be forgiven for every wrong they ever did.
    so much this

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Has a game ever been remade on this scale before? I mean, I know we don't know much of the details yet. But I'm hopeful not too much is changing and its just a direct translation of the PS1 game to PS4 medium.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by brozy View Post
    I'm trying to realise it...shits just not sinking in! Overhyped doesn't even begin to cover it.
    My feels level right now. Breh,

I hate you. Is FFVII remake not enough? lol Truth be told, if Chrono anything happens, I'm just gonna leave the earth for a while doe.

So what sort of remake characteristics are people hoping for? Changing ATB? Enemies in the field? Additional characters? Extra content providing more of a view in the past and present since we have stories to link to? More subtle changes like additional materia, equipment, etc?

I'm hesitant to want/hope for anything personally. As fun as say, XV's fighting system is, or having enemies in the wild for you to strategically attack and avoid linking, or any of the myriad of other features that could be rattled off, I don't know if I want to see any of it touch VII.
    Leave everything the same as PS version, just make it all realistic. I need nothing new about the game, just set it to FFXV graphics and I'm good.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Let's be real. As much as I loved FF8, and to a lesser degree 9, them games ain't gonna get the remake treatment like 7 demands.

Materia System has to go and be replaced with something more restrictive. KotR x 2 wut? No. I expect to see a lot of the new innovations from recent FF's. Mmm Gambit system with XV's fighting system would be tits.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I hate you. Is FFVII remake not enough? lol
    Only for some of their shit I'm still salty about the Frog remix in that hype video.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Mmm Gambit system with XV's fighting system would be tits.
    Get out.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

My mind literally exploded... HOLY FUCK.

Get out.
    Oh please, you know a pseudo gambit system with option to switch and control the characters would be awesome.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Has a game ever been remade on this scale before? I mean, I know we don't know much of the details yet. But I'm hopeful not too much is changing and its just a direct translation of the PS1 game to PS4 medium.
    Never. What's going to happen is that they are going to more than likely reverse engineer the PS One version of FFVII for the complete source material (or even go off of PC version), break that down completely, and rebuild the game from square one with a bottom-up approach. That's the only way I can see it happening technically.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

a small chunk of work has already been done before hand too, id imagine they'd reuse/rework the environments/characters in what they created in advent children

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Never. What's going to happen is that they are going to more than likely reverse engineer the PS One version of FFVII for the complete source material (or even go off of PC version), break that down completely, and rebuild the game from square one with a bottom-up approach. That's the only way I can see it happening technically.
    Likely just making an entirely new product. Assuming they kept the resources wouldn't be surprised to see stuff recycled from Advent Children.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    The trailer makes it seem more of a sequel than a remake, watching it again.
    The way I see it is;

The opening scene shows the midgar rebuilt, not sucking the life stream from the planet and being is a much safer place to be. It then flashes to the past, we see the slums outside sector 6 with the slide where you take Aerith and discover Tifa being captured(I squeeled at this very moment because I knew what it was just from that fucking slide) We see a much grittier, grim, and depression world, something I don't think we could grasp with the way it was presented to us in PS1 era. The Mako reactors engage for the first time(green light everywhere, the child possibly Aerith(?) looks on as Zack(? hes playing with a bustersword toy with someone else) play around on the playground.

Then transitions to what looks like the northern reactor, about to rush in for whatever. The final scene, Barret and Cloud walking through possibly sector 7? to the seventh heaven bar after the first mission to greet Tifa and discuss their next plans.

This is just how I view the trailer and what they're trying to show. I don't think they could ever take away the iconic train ride to Reactor 1, especially with how CC ended unless they really wanted to go against everything that the story has been told and how events lead up to everything. Another alternative could be is how Barret found Cloud and the events take place before the train to Reactor 1. Either way I've never felt this level of hype in my life, and I look forward to whatever this may bring. I hope this doesn't become another wild chase for another game that I really want to see, FFvsXIII is just a empty shell of what it used to be, doesn't look nearly as epic as it did in the older trailers.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast