1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

My guess would be because of how WHM is a healer class, Holy is a risk due to the high MP cost + WHM's lack of mp recovery for extreme AOE dmg. It's very easy to stomp your mp to nothing, and if you don't have Shroud or emergency ethers available, you're outta luck if the tank needs above average heals after words!

WHM still gonna kick almost everyone's ass at AOE trash anyway because Aero III is actually pretty baller + Assize, so regardless!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

^Pretty much. SCH had the benefit of being able to heal while in Cleric stance. WHM not so much. So having to switch back and forth has much more risk involved than SCH's DPS did.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Clearly I should have used hypothetical job names instead of real ones, they were just rhetorical examples not specific ones
    I will miss holy being so good, personally. During large pulls sometimes the only way you can dps without having to heal is if all the mobs are stunned. But if the damage output on holy is really bad, it's not worth the mp cost anymore to use it to dps large groups.
    So many nerfs to group pulls

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

In dungeons at least I'm sure you can still full time cleric and let the fairy heal as long as you don't have four or more mobs at the same time

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    So many nerfs to group pulls
    Well, at least we managed to make the devs so buttflustered about speed runs and mass-pulls that they gave up on gating and just went right for the biggest nerf bat they had this time.

That's something to be proud of I guess.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't get where all this SMN was perpetually shit came from but a good SMN was wrecking shit left and right until Final Coil where it was finally taken down a peg or two. It was still very viable in FCoB as well but I guess doing 20-40 less dps than the other caster depending on the turn means it's hot garbage.