1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I'm glad I went with crit/acc for my zeta lol (scholar)
    Which will be trash in 5 levels. I really don't understand the outrage... we're starting from scratch with gear. Our currents melds/relics will be completely worthless by the time we reach 60.

Crit is going to be even more valuable for SCH now.... dat Adlo. I also see Bane in the modified ability list... please tell me that stupid cap is being removed. And what's Shade Shift for Ninja? I don't remember any ability with that name.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really don't understand the DET nerf.

The issue has never been that DET was overpowered. It has always been that Skill Speed was an absolute sack of shit. Buff the outlier, don't nerf the norm. Now all that happens is that Crit is god tier and everything else is just whatever. Amount of whatever will vary depending on how hard the nerf is and how much skill speed is buffed.

All 3 should be equalish which clearly won't be the case now.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Shade Shift = Perfect Dodge

DET nerf seems like it's the dev's way of scaling with the SkS rise.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Which will be trash in 5 levels. I really don't understand the outrage... we're starting from scratch with gear. Our currents melds/relics will be completely worthless by the time we reach 60.

Crit is going to be even more valuable for SCH now.... dat Adlo. I also see Bane in the modified ability list... please tell me that stupid cap is being removed. And what's Shade Shift for Ninja? I don't remember any ability with that name.
    yup, considering desynth goes to 180... gear ilvls will probably be into the 200's ranges from vendors. that and we get new relics or something for 3.0. What we have now is basically a head start crutch that really won't matter what is on it.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Honestly I think the Determination nerf is kind of a semi nerf to MNK/NIN/BRD to keep it more in line with DRG. MNK/NIN/BRD all had a significant portion of their damage come from Auto-Attacks either due to Haste buffs (Greased Lightning/Huton) that let you attack faster with no downsides or abilities that doubled or tripled your auto-attack damage through multiple hits (Barrage) and the fact that BRD can still auto-attack while dodging mechanics which might not be viable for many melee in certain encounters. This basically left DRG on it's own when it came to auto-attack damage since they had no real way to buff it to such an extent. Determination affects all damage dealt but was significantly more potent for auto-attacks so in their heads it made sense to nerf it to keep the DPS in line with each other.

This is also why they changed Critical Hit Rate to compensate. DRG has a means of guaranteeing a critical hit with life surge and if you notice from the patch notes Life Surge is one of the skills having its parameters changed with the level cap raise. I'm willing to guess the change is to also increase critical hit damage dealt while life surge is in effect. They also know most DPS were stacking critical hit rate anyway so you'll most likely not notice any difference between post and pre-patch damage due to the nerf. The skill/spell speed change is most likely only going to significantly affect SMN/SCH since they still haven't remedied the issue of TP shortage for other DPS and the majority skill usage for non-SMN/SCH comes from direct damage skills anyway.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm glad I didn't stay up until 3:30am to see this. The notes tell you very little. I was expecting things like dungeon name/entry requirements, ability descriptions/changes etc like other patch notes have. I wonder if we will get the full notes during maintenance or have to wait until afterwards.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I'm glad I didn't stay up until 3:30am to see this. The notes tell you very little. I was expecting things like dungeon name/entry requirements, ability descriptions/changes etc like other patch notes have. I wonder if we will get the full notes during maintenance or have to wait until afterwards.
    Most likely during maintenance.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Also that list of skills being changed because "Level cap has been increased" has me curious. What could they possibly change for things like Heavy Thrust or Phlebotomize or Featherfoot?
    Saw no one responded to this. If I had to guess, with Dragoon's current rotations, Heavy Thrust lasts pretty much right until after Dragoons do their full 2 rotations + Phleb with maybe a second or 2 to spare. Adding in a new move into each rotation will mean HT dropping part-way through a rotation unless you reapply it in-between. So I'm gonna guess/hope that they're increasing the duration of HT's buff a bit. Phleb, I have no idea.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

One notable thing is that Shroud of Saints wasn't on that list. Better hope that scales up real good at 60.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

I like how you can specify multiple job types for PF but still can't queue as multiple job types for duties. (Unless I missed it)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, Pf is much simpler system than Df

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That Tataru spoiler ...

I'm also glad I harvested 30 Rowena Tokens (Soldiery) and 3 of those stones... hoping the 100/110 weapons look decent.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Lot of smaller lines slipped in there which interested me. I've written a whole blog post about those I've picked out but I'm glad trial accounts can't send friend requests anymore...

I notice that they've changed up some of the lower level dungeons so that first room clears aren't going to be nearly as attractive. There are a ton of small things which personally make me very happy. Including having to use a specific ability to fish maps...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Determination IV legit dropped from 600k to 200k after patch notes on my server, lol.
    I'm so glad the ones I had on the MB sold yesterday. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Saw no one responded to this. If I had to guess, with Dragoon's current rotations, Heavy Thrust lasts pretty much right until after Dragoons do their full 2 rotations + Phleb with maybe a second or 2 to spare. Adding in a new move into each rotation will mean HT dropping part-way through a rotation unless you reapply it in-between. So I'm gonna guess/hope that they're increasing the duration of HT's buff a bit. Phleb, I have no idea.
    I think this is it.

They're adjusting the times on DoTs so they can line up better with new rotations I guess? That's the most obvious one, but the rest are kinda weird if it isn't a DoT/buff.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

[2.0] Emotes where female characters other than lalafells crouch have been adjusted.
    Uh, what?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Obviously instead of playing their wonderful dungeons and raids, people are just sitting in town emoting all day trying to get them microsecond upskirt shots.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I blame Gulk for this.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I thought only male cats have that crouch...? What are they talking about.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

plz nerf twerking for all races kthx se

+ Reply to Thread